So I'm kinda suddenly dissapointed in my 850,000$ car. WARNIN

26 replies to this topic
Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yeah so fair warning to anyone else looking to buy a Stinger. I intended to buy one and mod it up to look like the one I saw a pic of that looked amazing. There ARE NO BODY mods for the Stinger AND the goddamn soft top doesn't even come down!

I read about it and apparently there's a Stinger and a Stinger GT. They both have the same performance but the Stinger GT looks amazing while the regular Stinger doesn't.

So annoying to have spent so much legit earned cash on a car to be dissapointed. :(

So now I have to ask... Where do you obtain the Stinger GT!? I don't recall seeing it on the legendary site...

• Atadritaata likes this

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Sophie Ellis-Bextor <3

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Stinger GT only available in online

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Stinger GT is online only.

It costs $875k, and has better performance than the normal Stinger.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm referring to online... I never saw it.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by One Poor Fool, 12 November 2013 - 01:36 PM.

While I respect ones opinion, its a classic car, so you cant come down to hard on its performance. For those that may not know the reason its a classic car is its the Vice City version of the car.

The stinger GT is the old Yakuza Stinger from III.

ce7q.jpg

srm0.jpg

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

While I respect ones opinion, its a classic car, so you cant come down to hard on its performance. For those that may not know the reason its a classic car is its the Vice City version of the car.

ce7q.jpg

srm0.jpg

That's the thing, I've seen pics of the Stinger GT which IS the car I want. I thought you had to buy the Stinger and modify it at Los Santos Customs. However now I see that isn't the case.

Instead I got stuck buying the non GT version, AND the soft top doesn't come down and I believe it should, that would at least be a consolation for buying the wrong model but even that doesn't work.

Now I'm thinking of saving up again and buying the GT version but I can't see where you're supposed to buy it...

I like the performance honestly, it keeps up with some of the faster cars out there.

• ParanoiaX likes this

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

u made a mistake by not buying the stinget gt for 25k more, handles very differently and much faster

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

also, if u actually bothered to scroll down and read the website u would have seen the stinget gt clearly there, so in reality u deserve ur crumby stinger u got
  • BewareoftheBears likes this

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

AND the goddamn soft top doesn't even come down!

get an umbrella. 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

AND the goddamn soft top doesn't even come down!

get an umbrella. 

That would be needed if it doesn't come UP

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

It's pretty impressive really that so many people who replied to this topic replied with info that's nothing to do with what I'm talking about....

There's no Stinger GT option to buy that I can find on the legendary motorsports site, yes I'm online, the soft top IS up and won't go down....

Anyone else have this problem?

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

It's pretty impressive really that so many people who replied to this topic replied with info that's nothing to do with what I'm talking about....

There's no Stinger GT option to buy that I can find on the legendary motorsports site, yes I'm online, the soft top IS up and won't go down....

Anyone else have this problem?

There is a Stinger GT option online, it doesn't have a picture though so you have to look for "Stinger GT".

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yeah I didn't see one but I'll check again. Kinda lame that they'd hide the GT version too. Still pissed off the top won't come down though.

Oh well... Only took me 3 days to get 1Mil.... As tempting as it is to glitch to get it back I won't... I guess.

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

imo the stinger gt looks really bad. The stinger is much cooler, a better drive than the stinger gt

Luk38644
  • Luk38644

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Stinger GT is on LMS, its one of the cars with no picture and is about half way down the page on the right. Im saving up to buy one!

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

ce7q.jpg

So many memories, lol.

• ParanoiaX likes this

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 04:25 PM.

I would have saved up to buy the Stinger GT as I wanted one, too, but went ahead and got the 10-car garage and a Coquette with my stimulus money. I figure at some point I'll earn enough to get the Stinger GT.

I can confirm for you it is on the site, you have to look for the words Stinger GT, though. It's unfortunate you didn't know there were two models, I only discovered it myself when browsing GTA Wiki.

I AM surprised the top doesn't come down on the regular Stinger in the online mode, it comes down on single-player. Then again the Online has no option to buy the convertible version of the Coquette, either, unfortunately.

EDIT: Maybe you can "sell" your Stinger to another player at a discount (like 500,000)? I really don't know how it works but I know people have been "selling" their cars to each other by leaving them for other players in exchange for cash, you can then presumably just buy another one by paying the insurance, as well?

randombeens
  • randombeens

Be more Dog

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

so ummm cant you just go 2 da payNspray n sell back 2 da game the non Gt version you bought or is it like the property where you only get hf the value back? ive never checked this out as i still cruze round in the free elgery rh8 fully done up or my LS sherrifs suv (allowing me to by the tank & shake of those pesky 1k bounty hunters word to the wise dont accept oneONone challanges when doing this as the other players stop showing up on your raidar a lesson lernt the hard way grrrrr) :L

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

When you buy a car it comes automatically with the insurance/theft protection, I don't think you can sell it at LS Customs.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Never bought the GT. I think the normal Stinger is more cool to look at. It's my pussy car.

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

ce7q.jpg

So many memories, lol.

DAT GRAPHICS

IceHot100
  • IceHot100

Out of Order

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by IceHot100, 18 November 2013 - 05:01 PM.

ce7q.jpg

So many memories, lol.

Trying to fly the dodo.... those memories :)

ok now that was random :D

• Wolfhuman likes this

randombeens
  • randombeens

Be more Dog

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

When you buy a car it comes automatically with the insurance/theft protection, I don't think you can sell it at LS Customs.

so same as me youve not actually tried? i was led to beleive it was one of the ways in the game to make money (buy a car/hf inch one, do it up a little & flog it on for a decent profit) but then also i was led to belive the online game would have crew heists in it too ;L c'on rockstar i dont fink the beech bum contents gonna be enough to tide me over for yet another month

randombeens
  • randombeens

Be more Dog

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

to IceHott100 that quote from Hazencoke, on 21 Sept 2013 - 4:16 PM is 4king priceless lmfao@him

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Does the Adder still spawn at that one parking spot? Just get that, and you'll have a car that costs 1M for free.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

It sucks that you chose the wrong car. :/ I was just about to do the same thing as you, and I changed my mind at the last minute- very glad I did because the GT is way more awesome

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Nope, Ofline to. At least if you mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users