Quantcast

» «
Photo

Tank griefer raged at me for killing him!

82 replies to this topic
prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

One more question about the tanks and sniping them, is it possible to snipe them at street level?  I assume you need to be above them if you need to aim for the entry point. 

Sidenote:Call muggers on tanks.  I had a great experience with that the other day. lol

whats important is the distance
as long as u're not too close, u can hit through to the driver
whether u're in a higher or lower ground doesn't matter

I always try to snipe on top of building using the heli to get there since tank will less likely to reach me
but from time to time I manage to get killed and respawn at the streets
when that happens, I'll get my bike and get to distance and snipe them (bike is good since u can go through tight spots tank cant)

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

they are some people with a tank who have them as a personal car so if you destroy their tank you will pay for it and simply
he will call it back over and over again so tell me what can you do against them people ?

Put a bounty (any amount) on him before you pop his tank to make him pay for the insurance.

Can you show me video proof of this? Because less than 15 minutes ago, I destroyed a guy in a PV with a rocket and it made me pay for it AND gave me a Bad Sport warning (which I promptly erased, of course lol). I guess it's POSSIBLE that he was driving his friend's car, since there were two players inside, but I'm not sure.

it works.  we've been talking about it for weeks.  It must have been the other guys car.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping for.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

why not kill him with a sniper? it'll take 1 bullet to kill him inside a tank

This does not work.  At least not for me and not on Xbox 360.

Heavy Sniper.  Plenty of range.  Aimed at all the different ports but mostly wherever I saw the name pop up.  

I'd love to see some proof of somebody sniping a player out of a tank.

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Heavy Sniper.  Plenty of range.  Aimed at all the different ports but mostly wherever I saw the name pop up.  

I'd love to prove it to u but I'm on PS3
besides, did u do it further than 3 blocks? and did u actually shoot at the correct spot?
because the further u are, the harder it is and just because the name and hp bar pops up doesn't mean u'll hit him
there are a lot of ppl who can do this and I suggest for u to keep trying since it is kinda hard at the beginning but once u get the feel of it, u'll be able to snipe easily 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well, earlier today I got in a tank and cruised around, and some guy started sniping at me. The shots kept bouncing off the tank as I began to line up the tank gun to fire back at them. When suddenly, a shot hit the tank and I went from full health to below half health. I prompty cut my losses before I had any and left :p

Also, one time I was surrounded by police, and a cop managed to shoot me inside the tank while I was idling in it. I wasn't paying attention to the screen, so I couldn't tell you what kind of cop/weapon it was. I kind of assumed it was a helicopter sharpshooter, but you never know.

I won't claim that it's an intentional design, but it is definitely possible to receive damage and die while still inside a tank.

Keep in mind that if you want to practice this, you should do it with a friend. Some people online use glitches to make themselves invincible before going on a tank rampage, so it would be literally impossible for you to injure them, no matter where you fired. That could have been the issue you ran into earlier.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by PandaLambpaws, 13 November 2013 - 10:08 PM.

-----double post 

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

they are some people with a tank who have them as a personal car so if you destroy their tank you will pay for it and simply
he will call it back over and over again so tell me what can you do against them people ?

Put a bounty (any amount) on him before you pop his tank to make him pay for the insurance.

You can blow up bountied cars with no penalty?

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by Str1p3s, 13 November 2013 - 10:02 PM.

It definitely does work--I've done it plenty of times. Aim at the top of the hatch where you actually climb into the tank until you see their name and health bar pop up. It's not a guaranteed kill, but it usually works.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Damn I want to kill tanks, seen exactly one so far in free roam, went after a bounty, turned the corner and he was just sitting there in a tank. Needless to say, that bounty didn't get collected lol

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

he proved a point by owning u op, dont mess with the big dogs

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

What always gets/irritates me is when I blow up some asshole griefing in a tank and it turns out he had it glitched into his garage and insured. I don't care about the money, but when I blow up a tank who's been killing me, I should NOT get "Bad Sport".

• Str1p3s likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

You must be getting "Bad Sport" for griefing them with your RPG.

Jay_
  • Jay_

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

I had a similar guy today do that...I just got my PV and drove into the tank about 12 times...Each time he paid $9,000 for my insurancr, and most likely got a bad sport since he left shortly after his tank was destroyed

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Just did it today.

Was driving my police van when a tank came around the corner and blew me up. He kept chasing me trying to kill me, and did a few times, so I decided to give him a hard time. 

I kept spawning my cars to give him bad sport. Went over to crash my Cheetah into him and he kept shooting at it each time he got close. I think he destroyed my PV 3-4 times (also parked at the depot) before I got out my own tank and blasted and spawnkilled him. I then allowed him to blow up my personal tank. He paid the 18000 and then left the session.

I joined his session in progress, and he was again chasing players spawnkilling them. So I got out the tank again, blew him up and spawnkilled him again, causing him to quit.

I joined his session again, and another time he was in his tank trying to spawnkill people. So I got into a helicopter and sniped him out of the tank as he was driving out of my draw distance. I couldn't believe it as he was so far away driving the other direction.

He then logged out of Xbox Live completely.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

I had a similar guy today do that...I just got my PV and drove into the tank about 12 times...Each time he paid $9,000 for my insurancr, and most likely got a bad sport since he left shortly after his tank was destroyed

For the couple people who keep misusing the word griefing because they're having trouble understanding what it means, this quote is a prime example.

Nivak
  • Nivak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

You can blow up bountied cars with no penalty?

Yes, unless they're driving (or are the passenger in) someone else's personal vehicle.

On the flip side, tankers can use this tactic to dissuade/neutralize personal vehicle rammers if they're quick with identification and execution of the bounty.

Jay_
  • Jay_

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

For the couple people who keep misusing the word griefing because they're having trouble understanding what it means, this quote is a prime example.

Not my fault, he killed me first and didn't stop...When I called Mors Mutual for my car he'd sometimes blow it up before I even get there since he was going up and down that road

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

Sadly far too many people don't know when to stop.

which ones--the griefers or their victims? :lol:

edit:

gta fan boys treat revenge like it's second only to orgasm.  I'll say it again: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

You're all barking up the wrong tree. You ppl in FM need to chill.  Damn.  All heated like tea. :lol:

Random killing spawns griefing.  Griefing spawns drive bys, tanks and Buzzards.  Drive bys, tanks and buzzards spawn cops on bull shark testosterone and 5 star wanted levels.

Now why do ppl insist on transforming 40 Eclipse Towers --aka MY APT COMPLEX---into the predictable cluster f*ck of an apocalyptic war zone every time I log on?  Is it because they get a hard on from wasting money on unnecessary insurance & health bills?  Because it's at a strategic location on the map?  Or both?  Because the last time I logged into a regular FM session today, WW III was ocurring on my doorstep. Of the 16 ppl who were in that session, 9/16 of them all lived in my apt bldg :blink:

And all 9/16 of them were deeply involved in a blood feud with each other.  These were all n00bs under lvl 20.  Every one of them insisted in camping out before the garage entrance so they could spawn kill each other.  :blink:

I literally could NOT leave my apt building (by either garage or front door) because of all the blown up cars, tanks, 1 buzzard, re-spawning player bodies, and 5-0 blocking my apt door entrance.  After 10 mins real time, I gave up and made my char watch the apocalypse on Weazel News instead. Then I decided to join the fun from the safety of my apt.  I ended up calling in mercs and an air strike on one particular lvl 58 doofus, when he decided to add his tank to the PvP cluster f*ck fest.  The sheer carnage and mayhem that ensued was priceless....

My poor guy.  He didn't want to leave the safety of Invite Only for regular GTAO but I made him.  Now he's permanently traumatized.  All he wanted to do when he got out of bed this morning was to play a simple round of tennis. :lol:

Lol, sounds like ur guys a real pussy to me

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

You can NOT blow up bounties' personal vehicles with no penalty.

You still get "Bad Sport".

mcmikezr1
  • mcmikezr1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

you killed him first... so maybe you were the real troll and he trolled you back

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Just did it today.

Was driving my police van when a tank came around the corner and blew me up. He kept chasing me trying to kill me, and did a few times, so I decided to give him a hard time. 

I kept spawning my cars to give him bad sport. Went over to crash my Cheetah into him and he kept shooting at it each time he got close. I think he destroyed my PV 3-4 times (also parked at the depot) before I got out my own tank and blasted and spawnkilled him. I then allowed him to blow up my personal tank. He paid the 18000 and then left the session.

I joined his session in progress, and he was again chasing players spawnkilling them. So I got out the tank again, blew him up and spawnkilled him again, causing him to quit.

I joined his session again, and another time he was in his tank trying to spawnkill people. So I got into a helicopter and sniped him out of the tank as he was driving out of my draw distance. I couldn't believe it as he was so far away driving the other direction.

how did you join his session?

Nivak
  • Nivak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

You can NOT blow up bounties' personal vehicles with no penalty.
You still get "Bad Sport".

You are mistaken.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just did it today.

how did you join his session?

Press the Xbox guide button, and go to recent players. Find his name in there, then press "Join session in progress". Won't work for some players as some have disabled the feature, but this guy didn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users