» «
Photo

Official "I am at work and I can't play during lunch break, so

38 replies to this topic
NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by NetXSR, 12 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Hi guys!

Hope you're not accusing me of posting bullsh*t, I really hope this thread shortens the time until we'll be at home and can play GTA Online again.

I'll start.

I started to play GTA Online at day one, the first of October this year. As many others, I've had a lot of troubles completing the tutorial mission.

After a few deleted and new created characters, I finally could play without any problems on October 31st. I never put a lot of effort into my career before this point, so I'm not really disappointed about it, but here's some of my thoughts of the first early sessions:

You have to know, I am a really strange person when it comes to MMOs, let me explain this:

I usually hate statistics. For example, when I startet to play WoW a few years ago, I always deleted a char after a death which I was sure about I could have prevented.

But that's how things work. I learned from these mistakes, grew up and saw it's not that bad when you can see how often you died or made a mistake.

Nevertheless, with GTA Online I've had similar problems at the very first beginnings:

For example, the outfit your character wears at first launch is controlled by the activity options from character creation.

Like "my character makes party 8 hours a day" he wears jeans and a loose shirt (in hundreds of random combinations). You spend most of your hours on legal work, he wears a suit and so on.

You ask "What's the problem about this?"? Well, the clothes you get here will always stay in your records and your wardrobe of your online character. So far so bad. My character at least had a black suit with a white shirt, but the shoes did not fit the rest of the outfit. So, I decided to create a new character and switch through the menus until I get what I want: Black suit, white shirt, black shoes. As hard as this can get, it took me 2 hrs to find what I needed. Call me crazy, but that's my quirk.

Finally, I had a character and an outfit I could live with. PERFECT, you think. But just as far as it gets. You know, all characters do have a helmet from the beginning on, which you get automatically and you can't choose the colour at the character creation. WHYTHEFZZZK? Well, I tried to stay calm and just buy this black one from the clothes shop. No problem. I thought. After a few minutes it made me nuts. So I again decided to create a new character, which took me just 1 more hour, just to get that black helmet, for that I never have to read in my wardrobe "BLUE HELMET - bought" again. Insane, right? Well, that's how I roll. I want things straight and smooth xD...

When you want to put things in a nutshell, you could say: Apart from Rockstar's early problems with GTA Online, it took me from October 15th until October 31st to find a character design that suits me. ZOMG.

So, things could go on for me. I started my very first missions, really loved and still love the game, earned some RP and some money, until I received Rockstar's stimulus package. Finally (a week ago) I could buy an apartment, yeah! So, after these few lines you should start to get me know. Guess what? It took me 5 hours of watching youtube videos and screenshots just to get me the perfect apartment. Some of you would say "Take the one for 400.000 $, that's always perfect!". No. I don't. I surely had to clarify where it is, how the view is, if it's a high-class-apartment, if there are some green places around, if it's not too close to the city center, if the building is too high to escape in case of fire or a zombie apocalypse ;-). Just like in real life.

I found one. Mine is now the Tinsel Towers Apt. 29, just perfect for me. Now I had a 10-car-garage. How should I fill it up? Should I fill it up, or should I just go with the cars I really wanted? Should I fill it up with 10 chrome Adders? (just joking :D)

I decided just to take 4 decent cars. Oh, before I go on, I gotta tell you another story from my start:

I'm sure everyone of you remembers the first mission, the tutorial race, right? Well, the car you choose, you can KEEP if you WIN the race (or if you start GTA Online in solo mode, which I noticed after this). So, I had the chance to keep it, I wanted to. HAH! Try at least to win a race against 6 other people who can't drive and always crash you. Well, I did win it (of course after creating AGAIN a new character, cause I did not win first try). THEN try to hold this car during the mission which starts directly after the race. OK, did that. Now try to keep it after this mission, when you get spawned with 6 other people in the same place who want just to SPREAD CHAOS AND GORE. A hell of a hell, I can tell you.

But at least I made it and I can proudly tell you, the Vapid Stanier I have in my garage today really is the one i obtained from the first race. You may ask "Hey, why didn't you just steal a Stanier after that few tutorial missions and keep that one, you crazy f*ck?". Well, it's a matter of principle for me. I really enjoy it now. So here my garage:

1st car from the very first race: Vapid Stanier

2nd car, because I really love Ford Mustangs in real life: Vapid Dominator

3rd car, because I wanted to have a professional looking SUV and the Dundreary Landstalker is a bit too narrow for me: Declasse Granger

4th car, because I wanted to have a race car, which not everyone uses and I DEFINITELY hate supercars: Annis Elegy RH8

You can see, I never spent a dollar for buying a car, and still I have all the cars in my garage I ever wanted. Check. So far. I finally reached a point in the game where I can say "NOW I can keep back and ENJOY the game actually". So I started a new project. Tuning my Elegy. I wanted a two-tone colour, a high tuner spoiler and the best performance upgrades. Everything accomplished, exept the spoiler (the last one). I needed to be level 63 to get it. At this point I was level 40 I guess. So I played the whole last weekend just to reach level 63 :D.. Did it, bought that. Perfect.

Next project, which I'm currently busy with: Customizing the Granger, so it looks and feels EXACTLY like the FIB SUV and got the same performance, of course except the police lights and antennas.

After that, I will do the same with the Vapid Stanier and I will customize the Dominator just like the FIB Bufallo.

Why do I do that? Because cops are our enemies no. 1. So, I want to have at least the same gear as they do.

No, I don't care about max tuning on all cars and no, I don't care about Adders and Entitys.

So, if you really read all these lines with my experiences, I really thank you. Share your story with us! Let me have some fun during my lunch break please! :-)

And if you still want to post some bullsh*t about it, please search for the right thread in this forums. It's entitled something like "How do you like my chrome Adder?".

Thank you!

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

10.5 hours left before my shift ends... still not reading wall of text

• gnad likes this

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by gnad, 12 November 2013 - 12:40 PM.

memetldr.jpg?resize=450%2C363

I'm at work and I'll play in 7 and a half hours.

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Have mercy wall of text!!!
  • 727gta likes this

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Nothing new since launch, am I wrong?

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

I know it's a reeeally big wall of text, but I tried to write in plain and fluent english, so I hope it's not that hard to read ;)

Apart from that, I don't have a blog :D

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm not one to post a tl;dr but hot damn, OP. TL;DR

I got to the part where you kept creating new characters because you didn't like the clothing you were getting. Quirks? More like, problems.

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:42 PM Edited by bensons, 12 November 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Don't put spoilers on cars.

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

I read it all.

You're batsh*t insane, OP.

Have fun at work!
  • Massive Roy likes this

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I tried reading it all.. and I failed. Had to skim. I must say you are very nit picky though, lol. 

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Wrap it up huh? f*ck me...

Perks of working on a property - walk home for lunch and play GTA in the process of eating.

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by NetXSR, 12 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.

10.5 hours left before my shift ends... still not reading wall of text

Shame on me, I know it's extremely long. But I'd like to read such stories here, when I get bored during lunch break :(

:D have fun!

Have mercy wall of text!!!

:karmaeater:

Nothing new since launch, am I wrong?

wut?

I'm not one to post a tl;dr but hot damn, OP. TL;DR

I got to the part where you kept creating new characters because you didn't like the clothing you were getting. Quirks? More like, problems.

Yup, definitely problems. I also wash my hands 15 times a day :D. I try to live with it.

Don't put spoilers on cars.

I just do it on the car I race with, the Elegy.

I read it all.

You're batsh*t insane, OP.

Have fun at work!

I know I am, but did you like to read it? :D

I tried reading it all.. and I failed. Had to skim. I must say you are very nit picky though, lol. 

Haha yes I am. But first non-offensive comment, as I can see. Thanks for reading! :)

Wrap it up huh? f*ck me...

Perks of working on a property - walk home for lunch and play GTA in the process of eating.

That's cool.

Gibbzy101
  • Gibbzy101

DO ONE!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

5 hours before I get to go home and play.

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Believe me, when I do eventually create a second character, It will all be about looks. The first time I created mine, I was actually trying to make a character based on starting stats and still try to look decent. Did not realize how easy it would be to just max the needed stats I wanted later.

Don't worry about the wall of text. Most of the readers of these forums are attention starved one line readers. They normally will only read the first couple of words and maybe the last because they want to try and be the first responder in case a thread gets closed.

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Believe me, when I do eventually create a second character, It will all be about looks. The first time I created mine, I was actually trying to make a character based on starting stats and still try to look decent. Did not realize how easy it would be to just max the needed stats I wanted later.

Don't worry about the wall of text. Most of the readers of these forums are attention starved one line readers. They normally will only read the first couple of words and maybe the last because they want to try and be the first responder in case a thread gets closed.

Oh thank god, another player who likes to have a decent look :D... Yeah, I also wondered if these starting stats should correspond my style of playing. But I knew you can max them out, so I decided for the look. Still not easy :D. So be warned: When you want to find a perfect starting outfit, it could take a bit of time! ;)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Or...not. I wasn't in a hurry, but that text make the Great Wall of China look like a lego set, seriously.

If you're on lunch break, it'd be up by the time you got to the comment box.

OP: I wish you luck in your future ventures of customisation.

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Or...not. I wasn't in a hurry, but that text make the Great Wall of China look like a lego set, seriously.

If you're on lunch break, it'd be up by the time you got to the comment box.

OP: I wish you luck in your future ventures of customisation.

However it is meant (sarcasm won't always get through via the internet), thank you! :D

And sorry for the long text.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

At least we're together in this, we know we're not the only ones waiting to play. lol

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

mlfw1012_46183_-_animated_did_not_read_l

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

QFT

• gnad likes this

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

5 hours til I can go home/finish the wall of text

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

mlfw1012_46183_-_animated_did_not_read_l

At least you should have read it, it's about Chrome Adders!

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

However it is meant (sarcasm won't always get through via the internet), thank you! :D

And sorry for the long text.

I'm serious, have a blast.

Just don't tell me about it.

j/k :p

soundism
  • soundism

Put a bird on it

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Damn OP, seek help with your OCD.. that is if you can make it out the front door.

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

That was strangely amusing to read, OP. I'm glad you at least recognize you're a little insane instead of covering it up with bs reasons/excuses like other friends of mine... but, still. Jeez. I can't even imagine the frustration.

killingwillum
  • killingwillum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

OP, seriously you need to get some help. OCD runs in my family and at your rate your going you are going to end up not able to do anything because you can't stop trying to perfect the first thing you do.

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Damn OP, seek help with your OCD.. that is if you can make it out the front door.

I will, as soon as it starts to get annoying. At the moment I am seeing it as a form of challenge :D

That was strangely amusing to read, OP. I'm glad you at least recognize you're a little insane instead of covering it up with bs reasons/excuses like other friends of mine... but, still. Jeez. I can't even imagine the frustration.

:D oh you are so right. It is f*cking frustrating most of the time. But you also cannot imagine the feeling when something works ;). That's truly awesome. And I see GTAO as some kind of therapy for it ;)

OP, seriously you need to get some help. OCD runs in my family and at your rate your going you are going to end up not able to do anything because you can't stop trying to perfect the first thing you do.

Oh, that's so true. It's always the first thing that has to be perfect.

Dementious
  • Dementious

As mad as a hatter and as crazy as sin.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Do you think we will ever be able to change our looks again? I tried to make my woman look like a slutty prostitute but she ended up to be a normal white woman. I was horrified. 

• mupp3tz likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I read all of it...hey, like you said, that's just how you roll. I also spent some time researching the apartments before I bought one (my second one actually... trophy didn't unlock because I didn't buy from the website the first time) and although I think you might be a little too stressed about particulars, its none of my business really. At least your character sounds more interesting than the usual - shoot on sight, cowboy hat, underwear wearing goons with glow in the dark Entitys who glitched all their cash and play criminal records all day

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

At least your character sounds more interesting than the usual - shoot on sight, cowboy hat, underwear wearing goons with glow in the dark Entitys who glitched all their cash and play criminal records all day

Tf is up with that sh*t anyway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users