Photo

Still never had a "crate drop"...still "locked"

21 replies to this topic
danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Can someone tell me what mission, or missions that directly preceeded the unlocking of crate drops so I can try and force them to unlock?

I am Lvl 98 and have done missions for Ron and survivals, but still not unlocked crate drops, I sometimes get a call from Ron saying something like "you know what to do", but I really don't

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

I had the same thing happen to me, except with armored cars. But since the latest patch, they seem to be working for me.

Although I still have the occasional crate drop that never drops. The circle will show, the message about it will show, but I wait and wait and wait and nothing. :/

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

In the "rewards" section of the stats menu I have two things "locked", crate drops and "pegasus" :-S

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

I had the same thing happen to me, except with armored cars. But since the latest patch, they seem to be working for me.

Although I still have the occasional crate drop that never drops. The circle will show, the message about it will show, but I wait and wait and wait and nothing. :/

This happened to me with a special crated drop.

We killed each other for like 30 minutes, a crate never came.

GunPH
  • GunPH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I've never had a crate drop either.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Have had a few crates drops. Only one last night by the quarry didn't turn up. Gave up waiting after 20 mins

Realness
  • Realness

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think if u wait by the circle before they drop they'd never drop....it's best to not wait in that green circle, I've gotten the special crate a couple of times and the times that the crates never dropped for me were when I rode quickly to the marker and it never came.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

To get crate drops, do a mission for Trevor, any mission. Right after it, Ron calls about the crate drops.

You cannot call Trevor to get a mission, but hang out in Sandy Shores area, maybe do a mission for Ron and Trevor should send you a mission.

And yeah, crates don't drop if you are in the green circle.

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

To get crate drops, do a mission for Trevor, any mission. Right after it, Ron calls about the crate drops.

You cannot call Trevor to get a mission, but hang out in Sandy Shores area, maybe do a mission for Ron and Trevor should send you a mission.

And yeah, crates don't drop if you are in the green circle.

Hmmm....I'll see if I can get it to work that way, thanks.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

It doesn't have to be you to get the Trevor mission either, you can just join a friend's mission if they have one from Trevor.

Just did this last night to a friend and he got the crate drops right away.

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Maybe if I'll leave my GT here, someone who has Trevor missions can help out....

GT : Danowat32

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

same thing happened to my wife. she ended up playing through all the ron/trevor missions again and eventually it worked

lg169
  • lg169

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Call for a ammo drop from merry weather . Worked for me

Bebita.PR
  • Bebita.PR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by Bebita.PR, 12 November 2013 - 03:13 PM.

You have to do your first mission with trevor whatever he gives u! Then go freemode and you receive a kall from ron and unlock crates drop...

Pegasus is when you buy a plane, boat .... Every sh*t thats not a kar!

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

You have to do your first mission with trevor whatever he gives u! Then go freemode and you receive a kall from ron and unlock crates drop...

Pegasus is when you buy a plane, boat .... Every sh*t thats not a kar!

Hmmm...not sure I've ever had a mission, or contact, from Trevor, wonder why that would be?

Bebita.PR
  • Bebita.PR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

You do some missions... Go to freemode... I unlock my crates at level 23! Also when you unlocked it dont go to the green circle... Waits until the crate drop and go!

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Finally unlocked crate drops last night, "Chopper tail" mission came through to my phone while free-roaming around Sandy Shores, completed the mission and then Ron told me the crate drops are unlocked :)

Another crate drop question, if someone recieves notification of a crate drop in free roam, does everyone else get the option to get the crate drop via the same notification?

Also, can crate drops come through in solo or invite only sessions?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Finally unlocked crate drops last night, "Chopper tail" mission came through to my phone while free-roaming around Sandy Shores, completed the mission and then Ron told me the crate drops are unlocked :)

Another crate drop question, if someone recieves notification of a crate drop in free roam, does everyone else get the option to get the crate drop via the same notification?

Yes everyone gets notified, but regular crate drops are not really worth it so nobody goes for them.

Special ones on the other hand...

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yes everyone gets notified, but regular crate drops are not really worth it so nobody goes for them.

Special ones on the other hand...

Gotcha, thanks, what about solo and invite only sessions?, do they appear in those?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm 90% sure they are in invite-only sessions.

Don't quote me on that.

Dalamo
  • Dalamo

Soulbrandt

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm 90% sure they are in invite-only sessions.

Don't quote me on that.

They are. (Or atleast they were before the 3rd update)

I used to only play invite-only and I remember getting my first special drop in one. :D

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Great, thanks people :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users