Quantcast

» «
Photo

So does Franklin like talking to himself a lot or something?

19 replies to this topic
TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Nearly every character switch transition has Franklin talking to himself, you would figure he's have a girlfriend, but I guess he's one of those loner type guys, if that is the correct term. He'll say stuff like "Man, I'm a go before you take advantage!" and "Man I'm drunk, but sh*t, I ain't get drunker!". And then at 4:00 in this video, Franklin says something that can't be heard:

What do you think he is saying? I mean, I know it's not important, but I just found it creepy, you'd think it could actually be heard, but it's such a minor detail, but yet so creepy. So the question is, do you think Franklin likes talking to himself a lot? Or is it because he doesn't like hanging around with Lamar a whole lot or not having a girlfriend? I just would like to know your answers.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think he's saying, 'Your f*cking avatar is giving me seizures!'

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

lol

Apex.
  • Apex.

Fallen and Reborn

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by Apex., 12 November 2013 - 11:45 AM.

lol
I'm not getting seizures but it's obnoxious as hell dawg, hard to concentrate with that flashing in the background!

But I think he probably is more of a loner, you're right. He doesn't really seem to care that he start getting badmouthed by his old friends and gang members. The guy has Chop for his bezzie :p

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

So, what if he talks to himself? There's nothing wrong with being a loner, is there? Infact, I like his personality and that's why I like him. A naive loner.

And as a matter of fact, even Michael and Trevor sometimes talk to themselves. It's nothing new if the MC brings up his thoughts, is it?

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

I talk to myself a lot like Franklin does, I laze around my apartment, listen to music, watch TV and sometimes work out but I'm always alone. I feel like a non-criminal Franklin with a fish instead of a dog.
  • ParanoiaX likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm not sure how this is any different to CJ singing to himself, or Niko talking to himself. It's been this way for a long, long time. 

I talk to myself all the time, because it's hard to find anyone that speaks my language. THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE. 

• hooma, Jacob-B and dtsmucker like this

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

So, what if he talks to himself? There's nothing wrong with being a loner, is there? Infact, I like his personality and that's why I like him. A naive loner.

And as a matter of fact, even Michael and Trevor sometimes talk to themselves. It's nothing new if the MC brings up his thoughts, is it?

This guy knows his stuff. He is a doctor. Sir, do you have a prescription-pad? If you do, I need something from you

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Maybe he is just narrating to make the game more lively, and you shouldn't judge him like a real life person when he is just a videogame character?

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Maybe he is just narrating to make the game more lively, and you shouldn't judge him like a real life person when he is just a videogame character?

Honestly, that's not what I was really getting at. What I was really trying to say is that Franklin seems like he does better alone than he does with Lamar or any of the other homies. He talks to himself a lot because of that. He also seems to post on random websites through his laptop. He also spends a lot of time with Chop. The question is: Is Franklin a loner? Is he better off without hanging out with Lamar or having a girlfriend? That's sort of the kind of questions I'm getting at. But WHY does he do it, is what I really want to know.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Maybe its my speakers, but I didnt hear any dialogue in the character switch at 04:00

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

I still don't know what 6 burpie's means when he's eating potato chips.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

He is talking to us as we posses him, he is our puppet, we control him. He knows that. #illuminati

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Honestly, that's not what I was really getting at. What I was really trying to say is that Franklin seems like he does better alone than he does with Lamar or any of the other homies. He talks to himself a lot because of that. He also seems to post on random websites through his laptop. He also spends a lot of time with Chop. The question is: Is Franklin a loner? Is he better off without hanging out with Lamar or having a girlfriend? That's sort of the kind of questions I'm getting at. But WHY does he do it, is what I really want to know.

They always create side characters that are stupid and annoying that the main character is constantly annoyed by because it gives funny dialogue. They did the same with Luis Lopez and his friends Henrique and Armando. It doesn't mean that he is a loner, it's just that his friends are hella stupid. Franklin does like to hang with Michael for instance, because he doesn't annoy him.

And even annoying friends can be fun to hang with. Sometimes I enjoy arguing about stupid sh*t with friends just like Lamar and Franklin do.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

Franklin clearly falls short on a well-made character type. I mean if the writers worked a little more on his character development and choose to make a quick establishing one in a social setting of Los Santos, having so many neat ideas to engage Franklin with a good background they could have given us an amazing Protagonist.

I find the only person Rockstar could ever care about is Trevor following Michael who are my least favorites.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

He only does it out loud when he's high or drunk. Other times you hear his thoughts, there's a slight echo effect to it. I like it. I think Franklin is the only one that does it, it's probably subtle story device to make us (the player) identify with him a bit more than with Michael and Trevor. That is Franklin's role in the story after all. 

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

I think it's to emphaise that he is alone after sacricifing his previous life in a quest to fulfil his selfish ambitions. Now that he has finally made it he has no one but Michael, Trevor and Lamar..

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Franklin is the loneliest character in GTA history

OldSkoolNigg22
  • OldSkoolNigg22

wat5 bracckin x no lacckin

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Michael and trevor do tha same thing but yeah franklin does it a lot more

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

No brainer obviously, but I think when Franklin says something like "Hey, holla at me y'all, peace" he's meant to be talking to the people inside the place he's just came out of, just they ain't visible.

But other times, like when he's eating crisps and says "Snacking and I ain't even high...". Done for comedy effect I guess.

Michael does it too, like in Vinewood, he'll appear and say "Great lunch amigo" to no one in particular. And Trevor after huffing some of Ron's gas. "I'm fine.........fine and suicidal"...

:lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users