Photo

Invisible car?

7 replies to this topic
Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

So I was playing earlier tonight and went to pick up a special import/export car that Simeon wanted. 

After getting it resprayed, I was on my way to his garage when someone started coming after me. They killed me and took the car, and I gave chase. I killed them back and went looking for the car.

I was at the green car icon but could not see anything there. At first I thought it was on top of the building or something, but as I ran I felt an invisible barrier and heard that metal clanging sound. So I pressed triangle and lo and behold, I 'entered' the 'car'.

The car seemed to be completely invisible. All I could see was my character in the seated driving position. As I drove along, I could fit through gaps that the car would not normally go through, so I suspect the dimensions weren't all there.

Has anyone else experienced this? Was this some sort of glitch that the other player who stole the car did? Or was it just a natural CPU glitch?

Nipper
  • Nipper

/\-/\

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Epic.

Only had this when I messed up removing a car from my garage, it seemed to get stuck outside the garage, in the way, so I couldn't enter the garage with the next car.

Had to swap sessions.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:34 AM Edited by Mr. Crowley, 12 November 2013 - 11:38 AM.

I had my sandking turn invisible once.

Had a lot of fun messing with it with friends.
Tried to duplicate the glitch and couldn't so I guess its just random.

...I would post some pics, but it looks like the rockstar socialclub site is having problems...

bootje
  • bootje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

I had this happen to my daemon, i looked like wonder woman in her invisible plane. :p

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Was fighting sdiers outside fort zanuacdo with a friend and encounter an invisible army vehicle. It had no one in it but you could climb it, use it as cover and push it with other vehicles

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Encountered this yesterday! Got out of my house with a personal vehicle. Started driving down the street and just hit an invincible barrier. 

Tried backing up and moving around it, but it looked as if three or four invincible cars were blocking the street. That's when i noticed a player just standing about 10- 15 yards away. The player wasn't moving or anything, so i figured he was the culprit and it looked at if he was taking photos.

Got around the invincible cars and gunned him down. 

I have no idea how they got the cars invincible, though.

Silencer81
  • Silencer81

You like my MG?

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

A few weeks back I was shot by the police while in Online mode. So my car got placed in the Inpound. Because the car has a tracker, I could see it was in the Inpound. When I got there did not see it, so I followed my character on the map to where the car icon was. I could see there was a physical object there so I touched the triangle to get in. My character got in the invisible car (a Zion/BMW Cabrio), so I started driving.

To visualy describe what you see is just a character flooting above the road and making al steering motions like normally. It still can crash normally (has it's object boundaries).

It seems that my car got unloaded from memory while it was in the Inpound. The problem was solved when parking my car in my garage; the scripted visual from above showed my car parking itself normally in the garage. I have made a video of the driving part and have pictures, but don't seems to be able to upload them. There is a Media Library, in which I cannot upload!?

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

A few weeks back I was shot by the police while in Online mode. So my car got placed in the Inpound. Because the car has a tracker, I could see it was in the Inpound. When I got there did not see it, so I followed my character on the map to where the car icon was. I could see there was a physical object there so I touched the triangle to get in. My character got in the invisible car (a Zion/BMW Cabrio), so I started driving.

Last time I went to the impound, my car was in the tree above the parking spot, so I blew it up and filed a claim.

• Silencer81 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users