155 replies to this topic
Liquid_Snake_LosSantos
  • Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Snitch

• Members
  • None
  • Best GTA Topic 2013 "Cool things you didn't know about."

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

I haven't even touched online. I am starting a new game in single player, going to do the heists differently, and going to get any vehicles I missed out the first time.

• Mister Pink and Cforumlbgfeva like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Started playing online for the first time, SP is boring now that you can create a character and have some interaction....but online rooms are empty which is also boring..

I do want to start SP again, but we'll see if online changes.

• Aly Zaroon and Slowthrill like this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Online in GTA games makes no sense to me. COD or FIFA etc yes but not GTA
  • theGTAking101 and Cforumlbgfeva like this

alex1369
  • alex1369

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

Me too, i never touched online. Still enyoy SP, even i completed the game 100% 1 month ago.

Online in IV was fun, and i played it a lot, specially free roam, but here all that robbing...

You build and buy all these things... and then someone comes and kills you and takes everything away...

F... it get back online from IV...

• theGTAking101 likes this

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

I play Story Mode, for about 10 seconds, right before I jump into Online again. If you haven't played online you're missing out. 

You can easily tell they invested more time into Online. I don't like playing single player after playing online because half of the features you get in online, are not available in single player.

• Slowthrill likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Online isn't that great. I've played over 120 hours across 3 saves in SP and about 3 online. Go figure.

GTA IV MP was more fun IMO.
  • theGTAking101, Neonic9 and AlexL like this

Slowthrill
  • Slowthrill

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

Online is great!!! Loving it!!
Rooms are full, allways, if you keep on finding empty rooms your connection is the problem, open some ports, will help and improve it massively..

Gta5 is built around online.. You dont losse everything.. All LIES... Go play it, so you liers know to shut yr mouth next time....
  • ayushisrocking likes this

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

I've 100%ed Singleplayer but I still play it often, it's usually just me driving around doing nothing, then maybe a rampage or two, ultimately at the end of the play session me questioning what I do with my free time.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

After beating the main story, every SP game gets boring for me, even V did.
  • Aly Zaroon likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Still playing errday. ERRDAY.

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Still playing everyday, tried online, but it just didn't appeal to me, character looks so plain compared to Michael, Franklin and Trevor, plus the city is dead! I much prefer single player, always have with gta, always will!
  • KyleAElliott likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Online isn't that great. I've played over 120 hours across 3 saves in SP and about 3 online. Go figure.

GTA IV MP was more fun IMO.

More fun?

Because gta online has all the things that gta iv MP had and not to mention a BUNCH of things added.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

I buy games to play the single player scenarios. The last time I played online was Halo 2. I'm more interested in doing my own thing without pressure from other players or the inevitable people just out to ruin everyone else's fun.

GTA 5 feels huge and even though online offers more content, I'm satisfied with SP. I can go on killing sprees and test my ability to lose the cops once I hit 3 or 4 stars. I'm deliberately taking this play through slow so that I can build up cash for the assassination missions. I also still haven't achieved 100% and don't know that I ever will. I can have fun with this game for months, easily.

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

I alternate, currently 137H single and 40H GTAO each have their benefits.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I am. I occasionally play with my friends but I still like SP. Won't last long though with the way R* is only caring about their cash cow Online mode.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

I need friends

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by -=Bert=-, 12 November 2013 - 01:02 PM.

I only play single player, I never play online in any game, I'm just annoyed how they removed so many features from single player and made them multiplayer exclusive, same for all the exclusive multiplayer stuff. Too bad they only focus on the online mode, and act like single player doesn't exist, it's all about money though, this game is beyond broken. Oh well, I have 251 + hours of playing time in single player, but I don't think I will be playing the game as much until the PC version, I've done just about everything I could in the game, which I have to admit isn't as much as you would think for such a game, as walking near a pedestrian makes them call the police on you, and all the other broken mechanics, so there's not much you can do without automatically getting in trouble, and having the completely broken police mechanics used on you...

So yes, I still play single player, I wonder how many other single player gamers there are...

• saintsrow and AlexL like this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 12 November 2013 - 01:24 PM.

I don't like playing online with people I don't know. Everyone seems to act stupid, they either take the game too seriously or exploit some glitch or just behave like typical pre-teens who try to be tough online or whatever but make it not fun for me. The only multiplayer I enjoy is local multiplayer on the same screen (which is dying these days I guess).
PS: and annoying loser nerd guys who pick a female for their character and
Spoiler

I'm just annoyed how they removed so many features from single player and made them multiplayer exclusive, same for all the exclusive multiplayer stuff.

Whoa, I haven't played GTA V so I didn't know but that sucks!
And yeah, I'm really more into single player because I like to get mind blown by how realistic they make the AI. Online games are so much easier to program and don't interest me, they don't make any progress in AI programming in general.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Single player for me was ass as soon as I was done the story. There's nothing that interested me after I finished it. Don't really care for the weirdo side missions or finding space ship parts. It was just a big empty world with limited interaction and no real involving activities..

SoulTrain75
  • SoulTrain75

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by SoulTrain75, 12 November 2013 - 01:15 PM.

im still playing sp. ive played everyday since release and still havent beaten the game. i could of beat it first week but if i did i probally wouldnt still be playing it now. so im still taking my time with it. i been trying out online some, but all the loading between missions and waiting for matchmaking gets old so i usually end up getting tired of waiting and load back up the single player.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 12 November 2013 - 01:15 PM.

I really wish professional game reviewers (IGN, Gamespot...) were critics like you guys and not just "OMG NEW GTA OMG BEST GAME EVER, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS PERFECT, THATS JUST HOW GOOD IT IS, YOU GOTTA PLAY THIS 9.7/10"
  • crisissasix likes this

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

cheats and annoying police, that's all

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

I really wish professional game reviewers (IGN, Gamespot...) were critics like you guys and not just "OMG NEW GTA OMG BEST GAME EVER YOU GOTTA PLAY THIS 9.7/10"

Things like this are why I tend to trust user reviews more. Professional reviewers are typically paid for their opinions. While neither is to be fully believed, I can get a good feel for a game by reading what it's users have to say. Even with that though, I've still been disappointed by games which got rave reviews from pros and users alike. Fallout 3 is gathering dust but GTA 5 is parked in my console almost constantly.

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

I play singleplayer, problem?

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 12 November 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Silly question but: do you guys think you would have liked it if all the multiplayer features were also included in an offline "arcade" mode with AI?

(again, idk exactly what I'm talking about because I haven't played GTA V, sorry)

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm on my 2nd playthrough. I screwed up the assassin missions, and "only" got 120 mill from stocks....

Now I have a sh*teload of cash.

SH1TS0N
  • SH1TS0N

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Yep, still playing SP mode, now that I have enough money for each character to last having Police battles and general skulduggery is even better!

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:58 PM Edited by Red XIII, 12 November 2013 - 02:00 PM.

I don't understand what people mean when they say rockstar invested more time into online. The singleplayer world has more going on, more background noises, better graphics, better atmosphere, animals more conversations from peds etc.. Online is so bland.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by TakinThyBacon, 12 November 2013 - 02:02 PM.

I played a few hours in Online but I have not touched it since, I find it rather boring and there are too many restrictions, it make the game feel linear to a certain point. I would much rather have the multiplayer back from IV, it was simple and fun, no stressing about having to make money and killing the wrong person. 

The game will be sitting on my shelf until some of the fixes that single player needs are implemented, I will give them 6 months, by then if the problems are not rectified then I will be trading it in. Nothing against Rockstar, I am sure many people love Online, but its just not what I was expecting / hoping for.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

I play GTAV every day and only single player mode! i havent touched online also. I am upset that most focus appears to be on online.

GTA games are all about single player. The whole online COD rubbish can go to hell. I am very angry they changed the main focus of the GTA experience and started to become like COD. Imagine how great it would be if there was NO ONLINE and all the DLC space was used to create a PERFECT single player experience. It would have been great. They could have released online mode later as DLC.

• alex3 likes this

Jenia
  • Jenia

I pee like HowToBasic.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Me. I have no internet on my 360 so Im f*cked up. And, I hate that they only update ONLINE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users