Photo

Why do people kill you for no reason?

131 replies to this topic
AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

1) Learn how to use quotes. How did you possibly not notice that you "quoted" my entire post by reposting it yourself?

2) Urban Dictionary? Wow, that's pathetic. Have you seriously not been gaming long enough to know what "griefing" means? Anyone who needs to confer with Urban Dictionary to figure out what a griefer is shouldn't be calling themselves one to begin with.

How about you try that thing called Google and find a real definition, to educate yourself so you don't look like such a dumbass. Maybe try a reputable site like Wikipedia, not a joke site like Urban Dictionary where almost 100% of the entries are satirical tongue-in-cheek exaggerations.

If there were too many big words there, you can use this site to decipher their meaning: http://www.dictionary.com/

Probably their 'victims' are half to blame for this. They complain about 'griefing' after getting killed twice and that just encourages them further.

"YEEEEES. GRIEFER! I am the sower of discontent, I am the ravager of hope, I am the sworn enemy of truth and justice. A digital super-villain without equal! Hahaha."

Lmfao, that would explain it. You get a handful of people together who don't know basic gaming terminology, give them all guns, and the half that get killed manage to convince the half that killed them that they are griefers.

"What, I made someone else mad?! I AM GRIEFER EXTRAORDINAIRE!"

In which case, beating the other team in a deathmatch makes you a griefer, winning a race makes you a griefer, running away when someone starts shooting at you makes you a griefer, and basically every other way of playing the game normally. I'd be surprised if someone could find a way to play this game (or any game, really) in which they play with other people but never manage to agitate anyone else.

You'd think it'd be obvious that simply being an asshole doesn't qualify you as a griefer, but I guess common sense shouldn't be taken for granted.

RooftopSniper
  • RooftopSniper

Valar Morgulis

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

All that happens is they lose ammo and become a bad sport. AND THEY BLOW UP YOUR FLUFFY PRECIOUS CAR! Honestley, bloody hell. I would only kill someone if they had a bounty on them > :(

Well its GTAO. The instant you leave your apartment, you run the risk of getting killed. 

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

I think getting a nifty new horn musical sound will help alleviate that tension.. Think.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

When someone is killing me minding my own business without any reason, i get my tank and spawn-kill them as long as they leave the session.

Trepsik
  • Trepsik

Cluckin Bell Nice!!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Spent some time helping low levels steal their cars back from the impound lot, just stood on the roof of the parking garage sniping cops while they stole the cars.  Then some one came up to the roof and shot me.  so it goes.....

Heh... I was going to get my car yesterday and saw a guy standing behind my car. Yeah I shot him, I just assume he's there to grief me by killing me and making me pay mors insurance for the car. So you know... don't do that or you'll be shot for that reason.

wasn't by their car, I was on the roof in plain sight.  When they looked at me with a gun from the street I was unarmed and saluted to show my lack of ill intent.  Helped em steal their car, then they drove up the parking garage and killed me lol.  some people.  ah well, I try to help people more often than not

PETmyPUPPIES
  • PETmyPUPPIES

Dirty Glitcher - Lobby Griefer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

I kill people for no reason because they get upset and harbor their anger for hours until they can't stand it anymore and bitch about it on the forums. It's funny as hell to know that you can have such a negative impact on someone over a tiny digital man.

neskimo
  • neskimo

Wayward

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

Because I saw what you did, scumbag.
I saw everything.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

All that happens is they lose ammo and become a bad sport. AND THEY BLOW UP YOUR FLUFFY PRECIOUS CAR! Honestley, bloody hell. I would only kill someone if they had a bounty on them > :(

I wanna do it because it's fun. Fun to do bad things.

I also wanted to do hoodrat stuff with my friends.

(If you don't get the reference, I'll post the link lol)

unklepepper
  • unklepepper

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 PM Edited by unklepepper, 12 November 2013 - 10:52 PM.

"Why do people kill you for no reason?"

FUN!

I find it incredibly entertaining to make others suffer.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

I often help level 4 players and they are really grateful for this. I have a bounty? I aim my gun at my level 4 companion and let them kill me. I kill a bounty? I give them some money. I sometimes take 3 level 4's with me to boost them. Someone always shows up and tries to spoil my generosity and this means I treat other players with animosity. It's a game where you can't trust the community so why should you be shot first? I'd rather shoot you down and drive off than to be shot down and have to chase you to get revenge. Some nerb turned up today with a bounty and was clearly gunning for me, I wasted him and drove off, he gained another bounty trying to get revenge, killed him again and jumped off the dam this time (Long chase) and sent my mercs after him just to keep him off my back (Because this was annoying) he then missed a sniper shot so I turned around and bolted him in the head. This is why I don't interact with non-friends or non-friends of friends or crew members. I will kill you first if you approach me, that's how I have to play the game.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Why not kill people? I never question why people shoot at me...I just try and outrun them or find some good cover and kill them before they kill me. 

If they do kill me first...I try to be tactical and kill them...usually with much success.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Why not kill people? I never question why people shoot at me...I just try and outrun them or find some good cover and kill them before they kill me. 

If they do kill me first...I try to be tactical and kill them...usually with much success.

I will never understand why someone runs RIGHT AT ME when they KNOW i'm posted up on the corner. 

Trepsik
  • Trepsik

Cluckin Bell Nice!!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

i'm not mad about it.  This game can be a lot of fun when people don't just shoot each other on sight.  Hell the other day I saw a guy cornered in by a ton of police blips.  blew up some cop cars with a lobbed grenade and punched through the wreckage with my sandking xl.  dude surprisingly didn't kill me, hopped in and we took off.  Ended up dieing a few minutes later in hot pursuit but it was fun nonetheless,  hell of a lot more fun then if he simply shot me then died two seconds later by the police.

amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

I was trying to pick someone up today I came near to him he shot me and killed I said to him why I was trying to help u he shoot me again I said OK turned passive mode on called my mechanic he delivered my tank and chain killed him about 10 times with my tank he turned passive mode on even I stopped the guy coming trying to get my tank no he can't haha in kept killing
him afterwards until he put his mic on and started calling me [email protected] .

my point is I'm friendly with someone who's friendly with me and a complete @sshole with someone who kills me with no reason
even everytime when I see a low level getting owned I send him a message do you want help follow me , and I call pegasus so he can get a tank.

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

What's with all this talk about "killing for no reason"? People that axe you from out of the blue don't follow that train of thought.

They have the ability to kill you; that's all the reason they need.

On the upside, they did just give you a very good reason to retaliate.

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Anyone who runs me over while I'm in passive mode minding my own business gets spawn killed until they leave. I'm clearly not trying to start something so why be a dick? 

Hollistupid
  • Hollistupid

Expert Voice Crack Analyst

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Because they can. Have you played GTAIV? This must be all be new to you.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

I dont tend to kill anyone just for the fun of it randomly. But if they come near me I do get an itchy trigger finger. The way the game is any hesitation is a weakness. Shoot first ask questions later. 

I hate people who start chasing you in their car though for ages. An opportunity killing is fine with me. Following me all round the map drives me mad. 

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

because its fun

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

Idk why players feel the need to be douchebags and kill each other for no reason. It's definitely a psychological thing and other video games have a major impact on... But basically it's a dog eat dog world. So for me, since I'm exceptionally good at this game, I'm just ruthless to people who cross me in anyway. I rarely initiate contact with people. So I purposely drive around, obeying the speed limit and minding my own business, because I know I'll get shot at for no reason. And when someone f*cks with me... Well, let's just say it's a mistake on their part and I completely ruin their gaming experience for awhile.

Bonkersberry
  • Bonkersberry

Gearhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

I was trying to pick someone up today I came near to him he shot me and killed I said to him why I was trying to help u he shoot me again I said OK turned passive mode on called my mechanic he delivered my tank and chain killed him about 10 times with my tank he turned passive mode on even I stopped the guy coming trying to get my tank no he can't haha in kept killing
him afterwards until he put his mic on and started calling me [email protected] .

my point is I'm friendly with someone who's friendly with me and a complete @sshole with someone who kills me with no reason
even everytime when I see a low level getting owned I send him a message do you want help follow me , and I call pegasus so he can get a tank.

This. Saved some guy in my crew I didn't know from getting killed by a horde of cops (he was cornered with no car) by driving him out of there. It was pretty sweet. 

Better than killing everyone that comes close to you just cuz you can. This game can get pretty fun when played coop. 

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by Grottesca, 13 November 2013 - 04:57 AM.

A lot of people do it just because they're dicks. Some do it because they're sick and tired of trying to be friendly only to be killed anyway. 

I've never seen a more paranoid bunch of players. 

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Do they really need a reason?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

This. Saved some guy in my crew I didn't know from getting killed by a horde of cops (he was cornered with no car) by driving him out of there. It was pretty sweet. 

Better than killing everyone that comes close to you just cuz you can. This game can get pretty fun when played coop. 

Sometimes that first paragraph works, or in my case:

a) they shoot me and run

b) they shoot me and drive off in my car

c) they stand there thinking "derrr what is he doing?" or,

d) they just run off, even with the horn beeping.

People on here are very unusual, it's when you're there to help that it get's annoying.

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

Money is not a worry,everyone else fires on sight so I do as well,If I see you coming you will die.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

mighty unneighborly of you

because they aint cool

they scared little punks

that's why

eat em

TiberiusCrimeFam
  • TiberiusCrimeFam

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:26 AM

I do it because my crew is a griefer crew. We have to build notoriety somehow. Also, it is very entertaining and we always find new ways to grief people.

Billy-D-Claps-While-Smoking-A-Cigar.gif

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

I do it because my crew is a griefer crew. We have to build notoriety somehow. Also, it is very entertaining and we always find new ways to grief people.

WdU9z_zps01c64f19.gif

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

Watch out guys, he might get mad and come find you in-game. Then use a gun to shoot you. Because that's griefing.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Because they can. Have you played GTAIV? This must be all be new to you.

I played GTA IV.  I went into GTA IV multiplayer a couple of times, maybe for a total of 10 minutes.  Got killed a few times.  Saw it as a mindless, stupid pointless waste of time.  That's my expectation of multiplayer or online.  So I knew what GTA0 was going to be like.  And it is.  The same stupid sh*t. 

The difference is that GTA IV - TBOGT was fun to play in single player, for years.  But in GTAV single player, there is nothing to do after the short half-assed story.  So I go online, usually Solo.  When I let myself drop into a public game, the results are entirely predictable. 

Basically all multiplayers have the mentality of zombies.  GTA0 is a zombie game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users