Photo

Why do people kill you for no reason?

131 replies to this topic
vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

i never shoot unless fired upon or if they attack crew members. sometimes for a bounty yes, but i always share the money with my victim.

the only people who are always friendly seem to be guys driving motorcycles.. 2 times in the last 2 days i saw a blimp coming up and made speed hoping to pass them with my nemesis without getting shot. turned out to be guys on bikes and both times we turned around and we had a long high speed trip all over the map  :^:

• JackWren likes this

Antihero1945
  • Antihero1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Most of the shooting people are the children which are playing.

I swear to god i was in a game with a 4-5 year old.. Who the f*ck lets a very young kid in this game, with a mic/headset to hear...

Problem is if you retaliate they pack-attack you, bunch of bitches had a 4 vs 1 slaughter against me.

Now that's just retarded. Letting a 4-5 year old play this game and giving them a mic? Dafuq do parents be thinking? Reminds me of a meme...

fae37326b4a3849f9f19e7f016ce9337.png

And you have the big black one on the right next

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Even if they explode, you can get it for free and that guy gets a warning, I don't see the problem

megamillz
  • megamillz

King pin

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by megamillz, 12 November 2013 - 02:41 PM.

A lot of u guys sound like pussies and most of u sound like u should be shot I shot anyone who comes near me with out a Mic or message because its FUN and most of u guys sound like u are suppose to get shot to me and love it.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Why do people kill you for no reason?

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

It's grand theft auto not the sims. I feel more inclined to kill people in GTA than I do in COD. Just to put that into perspective for you. 

JackWren
  • JackWren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by JackWren, 12 November 2013 - 03:32 PM.

I'm usually of the mentality of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but RDR kind of conditioned me to open fire when someone starts tearing in your direction. I still make the attempt once or twice per session, but it rarely turns out to be someone trying to make friends.

As for the "lol this isn't the Sims u pussy" argument (not necessarily the one above, but it crops up a lot) , the few people I've met through RDR and GTA:O who opted to be friendly instead of try to hollow my head have been of a waaaaaay higher skill level than the guns-blazing "badasses". We tend to roll over them types until they rage out of the lobby.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm usually of the mentality of giving people the benefit of the doubt, but RDR kind of conditioned me to open fire when someone starts tearing in your direction. I still make the attempt once or twice per session, but it rarely turns out to be someone trying to make friends.

As for the "lol this isn't the Sims u pussy" argument (not necessarily the one above, but it crops up a lot) , the few people I've met through RDR and GTA:O who opted to be friendly instead of try to hollow my head have been of a waaaaaay higher skill level than the guns-blazing "badasses". We tend to roll over them types until they rage out of the lobby.

if your talking to me man I'd love to do a 1 on 1. I'm really not that much of a griefer but sometimes I just have to get my murderous rampage fix on you know. it is GTA. I just think its funny how many people complain about being killed on the streets in GTA... lol 

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

if you guys wanna have some mature fun, like not killing mindlessly each other, OR killing each other mindlessly, i'm  for both :D

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

because you let them kill you, MAN UP OP!

ParlorTrix
  • ParlorTrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I think it's a rep reward for killing people in free mode.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

It's grand theft auto not the sims. I feel more inclined to kill people in GTA than I do in COD. Just to put that into perspective for you. 

simplemindedness i call this

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Mainly because a lot of them get a malicious sense of superiority knowing they will kill you and you not knowing about it until it happens.

I only shoot when I am intentionally shot at, or when someone is getting griefed. Then I use whatever I have at my disposal to waste any moronic griefers I come across.

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Lmao why I never play with tough guys like you.

If I kill players on the servers I play, they escape and try to find refuge on Mt. Chiliad or leave the server....

I am bored of these kind of players and never get a real fight :/

EchoCompany
  • EchoCompany

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

When I first started playing, I used to avoid people standing in the middle of the roard, instead of trying to run them over. I would leave missions and just get in my car and leave.. Then, The person that avoided in the street and let live, got in a car and followed me and promptly shot me dead, I left a racing mission that was going strong (8 man lobby) when we decided to split and some c*nty shot me dead right after I spawn out..

SO, those are just a couple of incidents that stayed with me.

What I am getting at is people made me a murederous dick.. I shoot on sight now, I don't care if you are a 87 year old grandma just got back baking a apple pie. If I see you in game you will die. I tried to be cool and people made me realize, WHY?!?!

The community made me this way, I wouldn't have blinked a eye to let someone live at first.. Now, I watch to see these little dicks white dot searching for me, I sticky bomb the way and hole up under cover and start detonating bombs, if the live and are still trying to find me, I shoot, let them respawn and do it again...

voodoobillyman
  • voodoobillyman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by voodoobillyman, 12 November 2013 - 05:25 PM.

I wasn't aware that honking your horn at someone was a threatening gesture :/ 

Most people consider it a friendly one.

Try that sh*t in my neighborhood. No quicker way to get shot in Stockton than pull up next to some random dude and start playing with your horn.

megamillz
  • megamillz

King pin

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by megamillz, 12 November 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Because Its FUN to kill u that's why. Carry on moving target carry on.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I adapt to whatever session I'm in, so my playstyle changes constantly. I only randomly kill/harass people in sessions where that seems to be the general theme...which is about 95% of them. Sometimes I'll try to help out by getting cops off of people's backs, though I almost always get shot at by players when doing so...that's when I grab a heli, get 4 or 5 stars, and fly over the asshat who shot me for helping him.

Fauguiddi
  • Fauguiddi

Juan Astrovahn

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I do it because my crew is a griefer crew. We have to build notoriety somehow. Also, it is very entertaining and we always find new ways to grief people.

Get Trevomized
  • Get Trevomized

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

I pulled a Dbag move last night. Had a left over mini gun from survival. Camped right about a garage door and cut some poor bastard in half coming out on his BMX bike. Then chased him down and killed him 2 more times the last being a sniped head shot at range. He left after the third kill and I went to bed after reading his f*ck you asshole messages.. I have mixed feelings about the whole ordeal, but felt good knowing that mini gun didn't go to waste.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

I used to do nothing, now I walk with my ap gun out all the time and even when I'm walking away from people my camera is still facing their direction at all times. If I see a gun I shoot instantly, no questions asked now. If you don't pull out a gun then I'll keep doing what i'm doing but any signs of suspicious behavior is met with deadly force.

I was once flying about with my chopper and I could see this guy down below me point his gun at me, I moved out of line of sight and blocked his view with an overpass. So he starts to climb the ladder of a building next to him, I assumed so he could see me again... Missiles... Missiles is all he saw.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by AzraelX, 12 November 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Never accepting a lift from a stranger again lol.

Got in a car with a guy who basically hid like a little bitch and let me and another guy do all the work during a survival session.  He had stopped and beeped for me to get in.  I got in, packed a bong IRL, and looked up to see him pull over to the side of the road, get out of his own car, shoot me, then left the session.  

Now I've said this in other threads, I really don't care if I get randomly attacked.  But why leave the session?  Its the people doing that who should get bad sport, and yet I hear of people getting bad sport for defending themselves from these random attacks.

That's not the same thing though, that's not "randomly killing" someone. That's purposely targetting someone, getting them to trust you long enough to drop their guard, getting close to them without dying because they think they can trust you, and then doing the exact opposite to them by killing them.

It's a pretty scumbag move. These rare occurences are the people I save my tank for. It's like, oh, you wanted to kill someone you knew wouldn't fight back? Well, allow me to teach you what it feels like, you cowardly bitch.

One time there were these two guys at Ammunation, one inside the store and one outside the store. I walked up next to the guy outside the store, said hi on the mic and did a smoking action to demonstrate my lack of killing intent. He tells the guy inside the store that I'm there and friendly, that I could have killed him but didn't. Guy inside the store comes out, hangs out with us for 10 seconds, then the next time I put my weapon away to smoke, he shoots me in the face.

He then starts laughing over the mic (I don't think he realized I'd been on the mic), and goes "Get in the car, let's go! I don't want to worry about getting revenge killed!" Well, you generally shouldn't kill someone named after the angel of death and vengeance if you don't want to be revenge killed, on the off-chance it reflects their personality at all.

They drove to his apartment half a block away and hid inside. I called Pegasus as I drove over there, rigged the outside of his garage with sticky bombs, went to get the tank, and then brought it back and waited a block away from the guy. I watched the radar; the first guy I'd met came out the front door, and the one that shot me came out the garage. Boom, he died. Then they started talking some more.

"Oh sh*t, it's that guy I killed earlier, he must have been waiting for me to leave."

"No way, I was out here already, there's no one here."

"Well it showed his name, so it was definitely him."

I brought the tank around while he was still dead, parked it right in front of his apartment, and proceeded to spawnkill him to make sure he couldn't get back. After being killed a dozen times, he starts crying on the mic, like "oh my god! all I did was kill you once for standing next to my car! and now you're going to keep killing me for it? this is bullsh*t!" Just him, not his friend. His friend did throw a grenade at the tank one time, I immediately killed him, and he proceeded to not attack me again lol.

After the second guy finally decided to get in a random car and run in the opposite direction, all the while crying over the mic about how unfair it is that his actions had consequences, I sent him a message along the lines of "You were defenseless in the store, but I showed you mercy. You repaid my kindness by killing me when I was defenseless. You're a coward that doesn't deserve mercy."

Then he started acting really apologetic and said he was sorry for being such an asshole, so I replied "Oh okay then" and turned the tank around to leave lol. Pretty sure he just wanted to be left alone so he could go pick his friend up, but I figured it's more than you get out of most people either way.

Kill me once => INFINITE RETALIATION.

Yep, that's generally how it goes lol.

I do it because my crew is a griefer crew. We have to build notoriety somehow. Also, it is very entertaining and we always find new ways to grief people.

If you are in a "griefing crew" then you should know what the word "griefing" means, and that it doesn't include "killing people for no reason".

Maybe you're just in a normal crew that does normal things, like shooting people, but you think it's a "griefing crew" because you don't know what a griefer is. It's been misused a few times in this thread, but I've gotten used to it on this forum since a lot of people here seem to be fairly inexperienced as gamers. Can't cut you any slack when you misuse the word "griefer" while claiming to be a professional one though.

Also, even if you were in a "griefing crew" (which it doesn't sound like you are, at all), don't you see a problem with having a tag after your name that informs everyone else? Gaining notoriety is the last thing anyone who wants to grief would do, since it will make your potential victims aware of what you're planning to do before they even meet you in-game.

Not that it matters, though. No one who "kills people for no reason" in order to gain notoriety as "a griefer" will ever actually have any notoriety to speak of, so it's a moot point.

JackWren
  • JackWren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

if your talking to me man I'd love to do a 1 on 1. I'm really not that much of a griefer but sometimes I just have to get my murderous rampage fix on you know. it is GTA. I just think its funny how many people complain about being killed on the streets in GTA... lol

I actually noted in my post that I wasn't specifically referencing you. Nor was I referencing agreed upon 1v1's. I was challenging the general mentality that if people aren't running around spamming on RT that they're "doing it wrong". I agree with you that if someone is expecting to cruise around non-violently and are outraged about being shot, they need to use a private server or play a different game (like the Sims, lol). But choosing to wait for a reason to shoot someone shouldn't be criticized.

Fauguiddi
  • Fauguiddi

Juan Astrovahn

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by Fauguiddi, 12 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

"If you are in a "griefing crew" then you should know what the word "griefing" means, and that it doesn't include "killing people for no reason".

Maybe you're just in a normal crew that does normal things, like shooting people, but you think it's a "griefing crew" because you don't know what a griefer is. It's been misused a few times in this thread, but I've gotten used to it on this forum since a lot of people here seem to be fairly inexperienced as gamers. Can't cut you any slack when you misuse the word "griefer" while claiming to be a professional one though.

Also, even if you were in a "griefing crew" (which it doesn't sound like you are, at all), don't you see a problem with having a tag after your name that informs everyone else? Gaining notoriety is the last thing anyone who wants to grief would do, since it will make your potential victims aware of what you're planning to do before they even meet you in-game.

Not that it matters, though. No one who "kills people for no reason" in order to gain notoriety as "a griefer" will ever actually have any notoriety to speak of, so it's a moot point"

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=griefer

Euan
  • Euan

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Mainly its because most players have the mentality that "this is GTA so your SUPPOSE to kill everyone and blow up everything! Hurr durr!".

This belief is prevalent because console gamers don't know how to properly act in an MMO setting. They are use to FPS's like COD (or as I like to call it "Gods IQ test") where you just kill everyone so they think that's how your suppose to act here. Plus, console gamers are usually younger and therefore are very immature.

Shut your stupid mouth, you're going on 100% assumption. 

Trepsik
  • Trepsik

Cluckin Bell Nice!!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Spent some time helping low levels steal their cars back from the impound lot, just stood on the roof of the parking garage sniping cops while they stole the cars.  Then some one came up to the roof and shot me.  so it goes.....

rnb010
  • rnb010

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Mainly its because most players have the mentality that "this is GTA so your SUPPOSE to kill everyone and blow up everything! Hurr durr!".

This belief is prevalent because console gamers don't know how to properly act in an MMO setting. They are use to FPS's like COD (or as I like to call it "Gods IQ test") where you just kill everyone so they think that's how your suppose to act here. Plus, console gamers are usually younger and therefore are very immature.

his assumptions do make sense

JackWren
  • JackWren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

his assumptions do make sense

Not even assumptions. Easily repeatable observations of behavior. Takes less than 5 minutes on YouTube to back it up.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Spent some time helping low levels steal their cars back from the impound lot, just stood on the roof of the parking garage sniping cops while they stole the cars.  Then some one came up to the roof and shot me.  so it goes.....

Heh... I was going to get my car yesterday and saw a guy standing behind my car. Yeah I shot him, I just assume he's there to grief me by killing me and making me pay mors insurance for the car. So you know... don't do that or you'll be shot for that reason.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by EliteGamer, 12 November 2013 - 06:55 PM.

If you are in a "griefing crew" then you should know what the word "griefing" means, and that it doesn't include "killing people for no reason".

Not that it matters, though. No one who "kills people for no reason" in order to gain notoriety as "a griefer" will ever actually have any notoriety to speak of, so it's a moot point.

Probably their 'victims' are half to blame for this. They complain about 'griefing' after getting killed twice and that just encourages them further.

"YEEEEES. GRIEFER! I am the sower of discontent, I am the ravager of hope, I am the sworn enemy of truth and justice. A digital super-villain without equal! Hahaha."

• AzraelX likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users