Photo

Why do people kill you for no reason?

131 replies to this topic
vertical_mustard
  • vertical_mustard

ergEFV\FBFAGHSTBADRG

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

All that happens is they lose ammo and become a bad sport. AND THEY BLOW UP YOUR FLUFFY PRECIOUS CAR! Honestley, bloody hell. I would only kill someone if they had a bounty on them >:(

• ShinobiFixer and Upggrade like this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

Awwwh.

• JerridPrime likes this

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:10 AM Edited by aurther61287, 12 November 2013 - 09:10 AM.

I have great reason. I drive up next honk my horn see if they want to impromptu race, they always shoot first so i proceed to hunt them until they hide in apt or leave server. bounties,mercs, back up chopper, mugger the works.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

I value my personal space, don't intrude on it and you won't get shot.

Most people are after that syk K/D Ratio doe.

• tom_p1980 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

I've been blowing up cars left and right and I'm still a good sport.

All the owners were assholes :colgate:

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

I have great reason. I drive up next honk my horn see if they want to impromptu race, they always shoot first so i proceed to hunt them until they hide in apt or leave server. bounties,mercs, back up chopper, mugger the works.

someone shot me after they gave me a ride in their car... tf?

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

someone shot me after they gave me a ride in their car... tf?

lol, f*cked up people out there

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

I only kill people who shoot at me. I also assume that when somebody violently crashes into me that it's an invitation to go to war.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Happy Halloween !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

There is a kill or be killed mentality in most free modes really, it's out of instinct already.  So many people have been backstabbed or spawn killed numerous times.  

• smil0 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

I only kill people who shoot at me. I also assume that when somebody violently crashes into me that it's an invitation to go to war.

Could have been an accident.

I was forced to kill two people because I crashed into them by accident on my way home and they began to shoot at me.

• JerridPrime likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by Ninjambie, 12 November 2013 - 09:24 AM.

How about talking into your mic and asking someone if they want to race or send a PM to them? It's your own fault for being killed for rolling up on someone honking the horn with no warning of any kind.

So yeah, you do that dumb sh*t to me, you're getting killed. As for you making me hide in my apt., leave, yada yada yada... not going to happen.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by Grottesca, 12 November 2013 - 09:26 AM.

I love getting up to full speed and just slamming right into the side of people. It's funny to see their car go flying and it usually ends up being flipped right over.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

I wasn't aware that honking your horn at someone was a threatening gesture :/ 

Most people consider it a friendly one.

• ShinobiFixer and JackWren like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

It's your own fault for being killed for rolling up on someone honking the horn with no warning of any kind.

:blink:

• Lethal_Vendetta, Grottesca and AzraelX like this

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

as if anyone in free roam has a mic most the time lol besides just decline the impromptu race and I bounce. 

the question i gotta ask all you shoot first people is why? so they kill you all you lose is 500. no big deal you are just as much an a hole by shooting at first sight as they are for rolling up shooting. 

Ive seen people roll up on me tons and sure most start shooting right away. so i die once no big deal I now know they are a d-bag and i can hound them relentlessly after that. but really do you care so much about your precious k/d ratio that you cant take 1 death? rofl. or are you all too poor to afford 500? 

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

It's your own fault for being killed for rolling up on someone honking the horn with no warning of any kind.

:blink:

LMAO, this. Honking the horn IS the warning...

• Lethal_Vendetta and JackWren like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

I love getting up to full speed and just slamming right into the side of people. It's funny to see their car go flying and it usually ends up being flipped right over.

my offroad mesa completely murdered this poor guys coquette the other day, it flipped him onto this stairwell that he couldnt get out of lol

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Mainly its because most players have the mentality that "this is GTA so your SUPPOSE to kill everyone and blow up everything! Hurr durr!".

This belief is prevalent because console gamers don't know how to properly act in an MMO setting. They are use to FPS's like COD (or as I like to call it "Gods IQ test") where you just kill everyone so they think that's how your suppose to act here. Plus, console gamers are usually younger and therefore are very immature.
  • PaulDPearl likes this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Sometimes I'll even let people slide for killing me once, but if they keep coming after me, then it's on.

Now that I have money, the occasional death here and there doesn't really bother me.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

The question i gotta ask all you shoot first people is why? so they kill you all you lose is 500. no big deal you are just as much an a hole by shooting at first sight as they are for rolling up shooting. 

I just like to cruise on by and see what they're up too. Some shoot, some play nice.. Why? Who knows, it's f*cking annoying..

LMAO, this. Honking the horn IS the warning...

:p

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

All that happens is they lose ammo and become a bad sport. AND THEY BLOW UP YOUR FLUFFY PRECIOUS CAR! Honestley, bloody hell. I would only kill someone if they had a bounty on them > :(

i do sometimes kill a random player once or twice but not too often.

i don't go on a player killing spree like some players seem to do.

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

There is a kill or be killed mentality in most free modes really, it's out of instinct already.  So many people have been backstabbed or spawn killed numerous times.  

or you can call it general paranoia.^^ you never know if someone is friendly.

there really should be an indicator or something.

you can't just go and tell people via mic that you are no harm because everyone in the session is talking at the same time.

if you send a sms with the word "peace" and he accepts it you can get shot by him nevertheless. you can activate passive mode but then you can't rob stuff together or shoot at things.

when you deactivate it the "backstabber" can shoot you.

there should be like an option that says "request peace" (for example) and the other player has to accept/decline it. then you two can't shoot or lock on each other but you still can shoot at NPCs and other players.

• Myles Prower likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

So what happens when you pull up on someone and honk you horn?

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

Could have been an accident.

I was forced to kill two people because I crashed into them by accident on my way home and they began to shoot at me.

I'm referring to the players who purposely swerve their cars just because they want to hit me. I always give people a reasonable amount of time to back up & leave in the event that it was actually an accident, but they almost always open fire on me. Recently put bulletproof tires on all my vehicles so the days of worrying about players shooting them out before gunning me down are over!

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

They usually don't shoot. Usually.

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

there is a simple solution that I have sent numerous times to rockstar via email. 

get rid of bad sport and good sport lobbies. and just switch them to pvp and co-op.

its a simple concept one that worked great in RDR. why they dont do this i have no idea. now friends cant play with friends because half are in bad sport half are in good sport. people get BS for the stupidest reasons like DCs or just being booted from missions where its rockstars servers fault etc....

they must have piss for brains working their online.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Recently put bulletproof tires on all my vehicles so the days of worrying about players shooting them out before gunning me down are over!

Love it when assholes run me down so i shoot out their tyres, laughs are absolutely had when they go swerving all over the place and roll..haha.

• Ros likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

They wouldn't have made my K/D ratio public if they didn't want me to murder you. Same goes with the skin unlocks, awards, and a million other things clearly designed around killing a massive number of other players. A good deal of these murder trophies can only be achieved in free roam.

Mainly its because most players have the mentality that "this is GTA so your SUPPOSE to kill everyone and blow up everything! Hurr durr!".

This belief is prevalent because console gamers don't know how to properly act in an MMO setting. They are use to FPS's like COD (or as I like to call it "Gods IQ test") where you just kill everyone so they think that's how your suppose to act here. Plus, console gamers are usually younger and therefore are very immature.

Mainly its because some players have the menality that "this is MMO so your SUPPOSE to not kill anyone and not blow up anything! Hurr durr!"

This belief is prevalent among non-console gamers because they don't know how to properly play a game the way it was designed. They are use to MMO's like WOW (or as I like to call it "Gods IQ test") where you just kill boars and are trapped by invisible walls everywhere so they think that's how your suppose to act here. Plus, non-console gamers are usually boring and unskilled and therefore are not very fun to keep alive.

• Judas0ne, VickissV3 and Mr. Crowley like this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Lol, yeah right :/

That's funny.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Most of the shooting people are the children which are playing.

A friendly fire option would make the game SO much better... i dont play on publics because i get shot for no reason all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users