Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any possible to make GTA: Worldwide?

6 replies to this topic
sh2dc
  • sh2dc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

The whole earth map will be greatest game ever!

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by GeorgeGTA, 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM.

If Rockstar ever makes game with big map and graphic based on GTA IV / GTA V, Rockstar would work on this game 15-20 years.  :lol:

So we can expect something like that in 2035.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

If they make a few small cities that represent every country it's not that farfetched.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 12 November 2013 - 10:22 PM.

They could probably have a huge map separated into zones with long highways and countryside and have hundreds of cities, but they'd be repetitive, and there'd be lots of the same building or clusters of buildings. (Think of those goofy GTA clones people make for the PC, cities like those.) It'd use map generation a little bit like minecraft, where the land is basically random land decided by certain rules of where things can and can't be. I think that's how they were supposed to have done Just Cause 2's wilderness (I never played, just heard someone say that.) That way all you need are a few thousand or so building/street object models, and all you'd need to save otherwise is their locations on the map, and with things like roads and sidewalks, how far they go on for. Things would need to be pretty undetailed too. Oceans and small islands would be really easy to do though.

It's possible, but it wouldn't be very fun with the limitations, and I doubt Rockstar wants to spend their development time designing such a large map when the technology does allow it.

But it would be wonderful if they could. I remember the first time I played Midnight Club 3 at my cousin's house I asked him how big the map was, and he told me that it was basically the entire United States, and you could drive through the country as far as you wanted (I only believed him because he showed me all the license plates.) I was so excited, until I bought the game and found out that there were only three cities, and they were three separate maps. :/

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

#SmokeHasRisen

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

The most I can expect is the USA, Canada, Mexico and Europe.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

If they make a few small cities that represent every country it's not that farfetched.

Of course, because the Netherlands consists of ONLY Amsterdam, and nothing else.

Vincent Johnson
  • Vincent Johnson

China

• Members
  • China

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

hope someday players could ge into the game like movies acted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users