Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'm guessing the whole rated M part of this game is pointless?

35 replies to this topic
Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Try being a girl gamer and having these little brats saying things to you which are, quite frankly, vile. Makes me cringe that they even know such phrases.

yeah amazing cool. Nice. Im a GUY GAMER GUYS AND GIRLS.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

There is more horrifically brutal violence condensed into any single episode of Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes than there is in this entire game. Violence has always been used to entertain people, both adults and children alike, since the beginning of recorded history. It's not going to change now, nor does it need to.

I'm not sure what you expect from the ratings system, to say that the M rating is pointless. It serves the point for which it exists, which is made plainly clear on the ESRB website: to ensure parents have the opportunity to approve content before their child can access it, and to help them make an informed decision in the process.

That's it. It is not your personal age-restriction filter, it is not there to stop anyone from playing the game. The sole purpose of the ESRB rating is to help bring an informed parental opinion into the purchasing process, which is exactly what it accomplishes at least 9 times out of 10.

Whether or not the content is appropriate for any specific child is up to their parents, not anyone else. Especially not random men they meet on the internet for 30 seconds who, for some reason, think about these boys all day long after that until they end up going on a forum to discuss their apparently strong feelings concerning these other people's young children.

If this is really because you dislike listening to prepubescent voices, that is exactly why the "mute" option and party system exist, to satisfy all your personal chat-related whims.

kevindurant
  • kevindurant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

r18 in australia means nothing LO0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L. sigh. these kids makes me so mad.

ScreenSavior
  • ScreenSavior

The opposite of swag.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

The way I see it, kids see worse sh*t in school. Hell, back when I was in school, by second grade my classmates were shouting the N-word and showing each other pictures of vaginas. I don't care that kids play the game, but I care when they actually use headsets. Their screechy voices screaming profanities at people is just offensive to the ears. GEEZ.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Why do you care if kids play the game? You could simply just ignore/mute them. It's not like they are directly affecting you EVERY time you play. Let the kids have to good old fashioned, gory fun.

WISD0MTREE
  • WISD0MTREE

4th Amendment

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Every little kid I know has this game. I hate that. 

But I love this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vtAAI4xnmzE

I have told every kid this exact same thing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users