Quantcast

» «
Photo

Differences between pc gta4 and console gta4?

8 replies to this topic
Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

When i was wandering in a Chinese game cracking site called the 'Gamersky' :-) i noticed the installer of PC gta 4 is at around 11.5gb but for cracked xbox and ps3 it's at around 6.5gb... Wow there must be some major differences between versions! I don't have a console. I know the texture is worse than pc, is there any more diffs? Such as audio quality or tv show quality. I remember in pc EFLC the audio weighs above 6gb and tv shows weighs more than 550mb total (the EFLC itself weighs 15.8gb). That's near the same size as the console gta4 installer! Does someone know what the differences? I'm just curious. Thanks.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

The textures are better on PC, if you choose to set it on High in the settings (keep in mind the game is poorly optimized), but there are two (that I know of) minor gameplay differences:

- More counter attack animations on PC

- No bulletspread on weapons when using a mouse (if you want bulletspread, you'll have to use an xbox/ps3 controller)

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

The textures are better on PC, if you choose to set it on High in the settings (keep in mind the game is poorly optimized), but there are two (that I know of) minor gameplay differences:

- No bulletspread on weapons when using a mouse (if you want bulletspread, you'll have to use an xbox/ps3 controller)

Thanks man. Does the game handles the same with xbox controller or dualshock 3 as on consoles? Like driving sensitivity or something

Weird my game runs at nearly the same fps at medium or high texture, but when changing shadow quality from low/medium to high, the lag will be enormous.

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Some suits in Perseus are a bit different, (PC doesn't have the open suits), phone texture is slightly different (the 'call' button is blue while on PC it's green), PC has the video editor and screen capture option, multiplayer on the PC version allows 32 players, while consoles allow only 16 players, and the custom match option for multiplayer, on PC you can have custom radio stations.

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Here is list of some changes:
http://gta.wikia.com..._PC_Differences

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Some suits in Perseus are a bit different, (PC doesn't have the open suits), phone texture is slightly different (the 'call' button is blue while on PC it's green), PC has the video editor and screen capture option, multiplayer on the PC version allows 32 players, while consoles allow only 16 players, and the custom match option for multiplayer, on PC you can have custom radio stations.
Thanks for the info!

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Thanks a lot!

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Any ideas about the significant game size changes? Texture itself doesn't weighed that much. Maybe that's just because of higher compression ratio. But i'm really concerned about audio quality, i'm still afraid that the console version sacrificed it to achieve compact volume.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Thought no bulletspread was IV only, turns out it was for III and VC too. Damn you R*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users