Photo

How do you deal with bounties?.

20 replies to this topic
ROT Assassin
  • ROT Assassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Me, myself i love hunting bounties its most enjoyable for me, if you hide in your house to survive you get no respect, your a baby, if your skills are not good enough to handle the onslaught of enemies coming at you, you shouldnt be playing shooters, me on the other hand love it, people hunting me is the best ever, i love the feeling of being hunted but dropping anyone that drives in my rearview, and also a personal story, had a 9000 bounty on me and i went in my apartment for one sec to fix my car, and 8 other players showed up, yes 8 and they waged all out war on one another and inbetween them spawing i drove out and ran XD and survived the bounty, best experiance yet.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

I always go after the person who set the bounty on me.  If he is close I'll mess him up with my tank, or get a buddy and blow him up with my buzzard.  Then go back to playing normally; doing missions, driving around, etc.  If I see someone approaching me while I have a bounty on me and they're not a crew member or friend, beware of my automatic shotgun.  Most people don't stand a chance.  

don_pepe23
  • don_pepe23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

@Spyro: what if it's a NPC bounty?

OT: I just take my Tailgater or Exemplar and go 4 it. I also search other plays and provoke hunting.
I rly like that hunting game.
I dont take a super/Sport-car to make the Hunt interesting.

ROT Assassin
  • ROT Assassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

I take a super car just because i only car them..

ROT Assassin
  • ROT Assassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Drive not car*

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

I find the lowest ranked person in the game and send them a message saying "kill me, get $" then head towards them.

I am Robin Hood.

I am Jesus.

I am Dame Edna Everage.

• hesselgren likes this

BonBon1010
  • BonBon1010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

^^^^ Actually a pretty cool idea.

Addafu
  • Addafu

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Bounties I collect the reward money always gets shared to the lowest levelled player in sessions

Now bounties set on me I tend to jump in a chopper given the chance and lead the pack of money grabbers on a goose chase

Mostly to the swamp areas where I will rain down 50 cal sniper fire on them

affirno
  • affirno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Me, myself i love hunting bounties its most enjoyable for me, if you hide in your house to survive you get no respect, your a baby, if your skills are not good enough to handle the onslaught of enemies coming at you, you shouldnt be playing shooters, me on the other hand love it, people hunting me is the best ever, i love the feeling of being hunted but dropping anyone that drives in my rearview, and also a personal story, had a 9000 bounty on me and i went in my apartment for one sec to fix my car, and 8 other players showed up, yes 8 and they waged all out war on one another and inbetween them spawing i drove out and ran XD and survived the bounty, best experiance yet.

i lol'd irl

deltaechoe
  • deltaechoe

A Dopedfish

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Here's how I deal with bounties

If someone else has one, kill that person
If I have one, kill everybody else that comes near

I can't think of any better way to deal with them that isn't nearly analogous to cheating (ie staying in your apartment, leaving the session, ect)

KillaBlaze
  • KillaBlaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

I love when bounties are placed on me because of the thrill you get when 5 players are chasing you and all trying to kill YOU

Eamonn3
  • Eamonn3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

When a bounty get's put on me, I run to my friends so they can kill me and collect it. 

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Eh nothing does it better than my Bati 801 and some sticky bombs.

• l The Spider l likes this

MagellanD
  • MagellanD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by MagellanD, 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM.

If I am close enough to somebody with a bounty I'll hunt them.  Unless the bounty is worth anything over 5k it's not worth the aggravation or ammo. Some other jerk will get them eventually.

I agree anyone who hides in their apartment (bounty or not) is weak. Take your licks like a man (or woman) you pansy (or beyatch).

When I have a bounty I LOVE it.  I've survived only two bounties throughout the day cycle needed to gain the money myself.

I tend to find a good cul de sac where there is only one way in and hunker down with sticky bombs and my Combat MG. If you get me you earned it.

The subway system is also a big forgotten part of the game.  Usually a good place to hunker down in.  I've seen so many n3wbs searching for where my red dot is and forgetting that somebody can in fact be UNDER GROUND. They can't seem to fathom that the game has levels of depth.

A couple of times people have figured it out and we've had great shootouts underground.  I also discovered one of the gangwars under there while surviving.  Was a good way to pass the time till the bounty is lifted.

• Jehannum and rocky533 like this

Dr__Gonzo__95
  • Dr__Gonzo__95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

I try to get a helicopter as fast as I can, then I fly to Chiliad. Park at the top and wait.

Sniper and Carbine at the ready. I've had players circle me in other choppers, they are easy pickings, and then players drive up the paths, but you can see them from miles off.

I can't think of anything more boring that hanging around in my apartment for 50 minutes for the bounty to be cleared, I've got no problem with someone claiming the bounty, but I'll make them work for it.

robotron2000
  • robotron2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I just stand in the middle of the road and salute, or chase after other players saying something along the lines of "Free money, get your free money here."

I can't be bothered to waste all that time hiding, and GTAO is full of crackheads who'll gun people down for a couple of measly grand.

Vigilante-Angel
  • Vigilante-Angel

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

I LOVE bounties on me! I have no problem with anyone at all coming after me for it but I will always make them work for it and I never take it personally. Someone is going to get it from you eventually and as long as it's left at that then no biggie. My name here is the my online game name too so if you see me and I have a bounty come get it but be ready for a fight. However once you have it I won't come after you. After all it's not personal, it's just business  :lol:

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

If I've got a bounty on me and somebody chases me all the way from the airport to the lighthouse and then kills me i usually put a bounty straight back on them. Especially if they hang around after claiming the bounty to spawn snipe me lol. I'm always setting 9K bounties on folks.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

'xxxxx has set a $9,000 bounty on you'

Ahh.. its that time of day again.. tank time.
I'm surprised I'm still a good sport..

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

I going to use my next bounty as an opportunity to go to an area I haven't really played in much and simply explore it while finding cool advantage points. 

rocky533
  • rocky533

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Ride the subway with a bounty... takes a bit but they do make their way down to you... nothing like a shootout on a moving subway.  Or get on the train and watch everyone try to jump on it while you shoot at them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users