Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Online lasted me 5 years. GTAO lasted me 2 months.

55 replies to this topic
withonion
  • withonion

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

The only good thing about GTA4 was the free-roam weapons pick-ups. I am getting a bit pissed at having to visit a shop to continue playing. It breaks the flow of the game for me, in my opinion.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

the simplicity of it is what made it fun, nothing like this failed mmo

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Because the Lobby system is missing in GTA V.

Simplistic, easy to use and access multiplayer lobbies is the best way, just like GTA IV and any Call of Duty game.

This is just so true, and it's the reason I haven't played for over a week - the frustration has gotten to me.

That first couple of years in GTA IV multiplayer was dominated by big 8 on 8 team deathmatches, where the lobby would fill up with people in under a minute and the game would get started right away. You got to know the players, so before they put the filters in with TLAD you knew which way the vote (ie kick the host) would go for AA on or off. You could make friends and go to party mode and have fun before diving into team DMs with 5 on 5 on 5 - matches came thick and fast and they were always different exciting and fun.

It did deteriorate, and about 3 years after release you started seeing fragmented lobbies where it was 7 on 4 on 2 on 2 on 1, and hosts were choosing turbo preferences (airport assault rifles) but by that time I'd turned to racing in persuit of AWP. That was awesome - right up until GTA V was released you could enter a lobby and a minute later you were ina 16 player race.

They totally f*cked up with GTAO. The most players I have played with in races or deathmatches is five. WTF happened??

Can't disagree with that, well said.  :^:

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

generally:

I can't understand this.

I found GTA4 was the worst of all. It felt like a BIG step back.

After every GTA was an evolution in terms of Gameplay and possibilites but when I first saw GTA4 the only thing that got me were the graphics.

The story wasnt interessting for me at all and I also don't like the DLC policy with this Episodes-sh*t. The setting was also old - Liberty City for the fourth(?) time.

While San Andreas has Planes and Character Customisation they took all that away in GTA4. No planes, no car tuning, no bikes, no diving, no parachuting (came with the addon in very limited form) and so on.

The only real improvement was the engine with the physics. It was sick to see people flying around physically correct when run over. ^^

All in all I think rockstar is going the right way with GTA5. They bring back the good stuff.

Its ten times better than GTA4 and its episodes IMO but it also sucks that they've left out stuff again. They should have left the dance clubs, pool billiard and so on in GTA5.

James Bond 007
  • James Bond 007

Secret Agent for the Mi6

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

How does this happen? Seriously, without IV's dynamic physics there isn't much fun to be had...

IVs dynamic physics? Lmao....UNCHARTEDS semi parkour  physics is what GTAO needs.. I don't like much about gta4 honestly.

lakitv
  • lakitv

Uber Gta User

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

IV's multiplayer was awful, it was fun for two days and after that I just stuck to single player.

It wasn't THAT awful, there was Cops and Crooks, and... uh, I guess that's it.  Honestly, every free-roam lobby I was in, people were just at the Airport flying Helicopters and since I was on the 360, I had to deal with the modders and hackers that would grief everyone, it was crap. 

it was pretty awful, the city seemed so dead. the driving sucked and cars seemed unresponsive. I could list alot more.

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

GTA IV's MP lasted me 2 days - GTA ONLINE since the release. How does this happen?

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:34 AM Edited by kABUSE, 12 November 2013 - 11:37 AM.

GTAO wouldn't be so pointless if glitching/cheating wasn't so easy. If nicely balanced and without all the bugs the game would be epic.

But tbh GTA IV was far worse.. the fundamental gameplay of the game was too bad and it didn't offer enough variety. And cheating was possible too.

But of course glitching/cheating in GTA V has a far bigger impact because in the game you are supposed to be very restricted and progress is saved. It is supposed to take months to reach level 100+ and to be able to purchase a supercar. But of course all the casual gamer kiddos don't even consider to accomplish something in a fair way. They do not give the game a chance to entertain them without cheating.

Plus its a vicious circle. Most people who glitch and cheat DO have enough time and MIGHT have enough patience.. but they simply do not accept that others have unlocked stuff, that they do not have access to yet. They even go one step further: They glitch stuff into their garage which they are not supposed to own at all. They are not satisfied until their bank shows at least 8 digits. They do everything they can in order to somehow feel superior.. even though they are the last players who deserve to actually be superior.

It shows in their "skill" too. Wannabes who race in a custom supercar who crash in the first curve or just do criminal records or down the drain anyway. People who drive in the opposite direction after they failed. People who only attend races which you occasionally win without having any skill at all. They do not only ruin the balance and the gameplay, they also ruin the entire quick race system because it is FLOODED with sh*t races.

Well.. unless rockstars actually takes care of the glitchers the first days of GTAO will remain the best i have experienced. It was fantastic to nerd through the first 2 days (and nights lol), reaching level 30 without any glitches being common. Winning 80% of all races and 99% of all deathmatches (because of completly superior weapons). Once you were in the flow it only got better and better (and worse for everybody who failed LOL). It all stopped abruptly with the glitchers.

dirtyunclechris
  • dirtyunclechris

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

I agree with OP.

Even though the shooting system sucked in GTA IV, the online was barley structured and it was a lot of fun to play. Once you start to throw random variables in for things like customization, everything becomes a mess (hence, Call of Duty).

I see how people didn't find any replay value in IV, but for the five years I had it me and my friends always found something to do. Not saying you can't do this in GTA V, but since they structured everything it feels as if the online gets stale very quick.

Everything is better when it's simple!!
  • The Rangler likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Because the Lobby system is missing in GTA V.

Simplistic, easy to use and access multiplayer lobbies is the best way, just like GTA IV and any Call of Duty game.

I agree that is the easiest, but not the best way

I like the way GTAO doing is far more intering

remember you have to go in and out from race / DM to free mode in IV?

personally I dont like that that's why I only roam in single player

GTAO combines free roam and game lobby which is a great idea, it comes out not really nice somehow for the matching thing or bad spot blah blah blah, but I can wait until it improves

we had waiting this for so many years, so why not give them a chance to improve things?

What? No all you have to do is finish the race, then you click on whatever game you want next and presto. Easier and faster.  IV is better.

this is how they works

in IV:

I race / DM, game ends, I choose to leave, and I go back to SP, then I use my phone again and choose free mode

(this is as far as I can remember, the game kicks me as my computer is too slow  :blink: )

in GTAO

I race / DM, game ends, I choose what to do next, or I just tap free mode, then I go back to some where near the last mission trigger, then I can go anywhere

I do think GTAO is rather easier, isnt it?

Antihero1945
  • Antihero1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

IV's multiplayer was awful, it was fun for two days and after that I just stuck to single player.

Same, but it's true this one's boring, just play something else and come back in 6 months

Antihero1945
  • Antihero1945

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

If people didn't exploit or cheat the game would last a lot longer.  :)

Wrong, i have way more fun with millions. Don't worry i don't troll ppl

BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I am really not a fan of online gaming, in fact if I could magic it away into non-existence I probably would, because it's ruining the industry.  

More or less you're saying you don't like playing with other people, so you want it to be removed? Lolwat? Multiplayer games don't "ruin" the game industry because you're anti-social.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

I heard IV's multiplayer was awful, being that everyone looked the f*cking same.  As a person who plays RPG's, I can't have none of that sh*t.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well, if one lasted you 5 years and one lasted you 2 months, even though it has only been out 1 month and 10 days, you should explain to us why this is the case.

You sir are a fa**ot

Totally abusive and not necessary. Shameful.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

How does this happen? Seriously, without IV's dynamic physics there isn't much fun to be had...

Why would you play Iv for 5 years?  o.O

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Please excuse the meme reference, but the amount of people complaining about this game on the games forum is to damn high...

Is it REALLY that hard to simply put another game in or just put down the controllers?

I am not a fan of either Pokemon or Minecraft, but I'd really have to have no life to go to their forums and complain about how much I don't like their game...

Don't like the game, good, great, grand, dandy. Put down the controller and move on with your life....

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Please excuse the meme reference, but the amount of people complaining about this game on the games forum is to damn high...

Is it REALLY that hard to simply put another game in or just put down the controllers?

I am not a fan of either Pokemon or Minecraft, but I'd really have to have no life to go to their forums and complain about how much I don't like their game...

Don't like the game, good, great, grand, dandy. Put down the controller and move on with your life....

common sense is remarkably uncommon. 

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

common sense is remarkably uncommon. 

It's unreal...

I have no problem with people voicing what they don't like about the game, but simply stating "I'm done" does NOTHING to further improve the game, plus, no one cares...

Honestly, you REALLY have to think highly of yourself if you think people care you are finished with a game...

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

I agree with OP.

Even though the shooting system sucked in GTA IV, the online was barley structured and it was a lot of fun to play. Once you start to throw random variables in for things like customization, everything becomes a mess (hence, Call of Duty).

I see how people didn't find any replay value in IV, but for the five years I had it me and my friends always found something to do. Not saying you can't do this in GTA V, but since they structured everything it feels as if the online gets stale very quick.

Everything is better when it's simple!!

:^: this. GTA V has more crap to do, but GTA IV had more freedom. IOW, GTA V is for role playing pussies that want to show off their cars. GTA IV was a "war zone" for people that wanted to kill the sh*t out of each other. :die:

they should have left the missions and money in single player. :wtf:

• The Rangler likes this

Goin For The Gusto
  • Goin For The Gusto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

I love it exactly how it is minus some of the bad sport stuff.  I am having a blast and don't plan on quitting anytime soon.

EDDYHarris
  • EDDYHarris

한국어조선말

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

Tell you all the truth I loved IV multilayer before the modders and hakcers. I love GTAO but then again I would have to go with IV it's just to much of a change to me. They should have let some GTA IV mechanics in it such as the shooting the driving and the game modes. What really gets on my nerves in GTAO is the ammo. You have 300 bullets and in one firefight you only have 70 bullets. Also if you die you drop ammo, the ammo you pay for so when you die you drop about 60 bullets so if you hate being spawn killed your losing your ammo real fast. That right there made me real mad it goes through real fast for no apparent reason. Also gathering ammo from dead swat members and dead players is pointless it stops randomly up to 200 also you just getting 15 bullets so it's really pointless..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by Vooodu, 12 November 2013 - 01:51 PM.

. The racing sucked because of the horrible driving physics,

Racing was awesome in GTA 4 and the driving physics was great..    You just sucked balls at it....lol

The best part about racing in part 4 is.. Getting rammed didn't send player flying into orbit. Nor did hitting pieces of cardboard on the ground.

Racing was just all around better, more balanced and more enjoyable in GTA 4 sadly.  As much as I like GTA V.

cen0bite
  • cen0bite

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

I loved 4 online and I love GTAO even more! GTAO just has so much more to do and buy and modify. It's fantastic.

QuornSausages
  • QuornSausages

Meat Free

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

I don't miss the annoying modders from GTA 4, who used to spawn you all out to sea, every 2 f*cking minutes.

R.I.P IV online, as far as I'm concerned.

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

I don't miss the annoying modders from GTA 4, who used to spawn you all out to sea, every 2 f*cking minutes.

R.I.P IV online, as far as I'm concerned.

Give it some time, I'm sure they'll be here soon enough. Even more frustrating than the fact that there were modders in IV was that Rockstar did NOTHING about it. The console freezing on XBox pretty much spelled the end of IV (BOGT) multiplayer for me, I enjoyed it and otherwise could have kept playing but getting your console frozen, rebooting, getting back in to multiplayer, then getting frozen again was just too time consuming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users