Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Online lasted me 5 years. GTAO lasted me 2 months.

55 replies to this topic
GTAFever123
  • GTAFever123

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

How does this happen? Seriously, without IV's dynamic physics there isn't much fun to be had...

• DP Man likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Well, if one lasted you 5 years and one lasted you 2 months, even though it has only been out 1 month and 10 days, you should explain to us why this is the case.

• lucifieraies, Suppa K, 19LloydBanks82 and 1 other like this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by Suppa K, 12 November 2013 - 03:18 AM.

IV's multiplayer was awful, it was fun for two days and after that I just stuck to single player.
  • lannydee, theadmiral, Zonnex and 1 other like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Pre-order cancelled.

• Suppa K likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 12 November 2013 - 03:23 AM.

IV's online really sucked. All you could was play Hangman's Noose, Bomb Da Base II and Deal Breaker for years on end. They were fairly generic missions and there were just three of them, yawn. The racing sucked because of the horrible driving physics, the deathmatches were incredibly weak (though I dislike them in V too). 

I am really not a fan of online gaming, in fact if I could magic it away into non-existence I probably would, because it's ruining the industry. But GTAO is actually pretty decent, not a masterpiece like V, but a good bit of fun. IV was just a tacked on after thought. I've probably got two days playtime in GTAO, which is really says something about it, coz as I've said, I'm not an online person at all. I usually play online for 30 minutes to two hours and then never pick it up again. 

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

So you're never going to play GTA V online again?

This thread is a joke. Talk to us in 6 months.
  • Nathan_Sossai likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

And by the way guys...

GTA Online IS GTA V still.

They are not separate games.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Well, if one lasted you 5 years and one lasted you 2 months, even though it has only been out 1 month and 10 days, you should explain to us why this is the case.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

Because the Lobby system is missing in GTA V.

Simplistic, easy to use and access multiplayer lobbies is the best way, just like GTA IV and any Call of Duty game.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

IV's multiplayer was awful, it was fun for two days and after that I just stuck to single player.

It wasn't THAT awful, there was Cops and Crooks, and... uh, I guess that's it.  Honestly, every free-roam lobby I was in, people were just at the Airport flying Helicopters and since I was on the 360, I had to deal with the modders and hackers that would grief everyone, it was crap. 

Eatmobananas
  • Eatmobananas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

How does this happen? Seriously, without IV's dynamic physics there isn't much fun to be had...

Looks like the fever Passed?

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

It wasn't THAT awful, there was Cops and Crooks, and... uh, I guess that's it.  Honestly, every free-roam lobby I was in, people were just at the Airport flying Helicopters and since I was on the 360, I had to deal with the modders and hackers that would grief everyone, it was crap. 

I loved Cops N Crooks...... must have played that a billion times.

I can't believe they didn't add it.  Oh, and Cannonball Run was great fun too.

Some of the multiplayer modes are confusing and hidden away in the user interface.  There's a mode called Crooked Cops I think, but it's 2 teams battling for a briefcase.   This mode is hidden away in the Pause Menu, under Missions or something.

The whole thing is just dumb.  They should have stuck with lobbies like on CoD games or GTA IV.  You can still have free roam RPG stuff that we have now and all that, but we need multiplayer lobbies.

• a20characterusername likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Didn't even last me that.  I'm actually surprised I'm even still on the forums at this point.  Guess I'm ever hopeful at least that it will one day be everything I hoped it would be...

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

GTA 4 online lasted me about 30 minutes...

I'm still having fun with this one even with all the bugs.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

SP or multi player?

PC or console?

mods?

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

Didn't even last me that.  I'm actually surprised I'm even still on the forums at this point.  Guess I'm ever hopeful at least that it will one day be everything I hoped it would be...

They went for the MMORPG angle.   Leveling up RPG stuff, quests aka "missions", mixed in with classic modes like racing, deathmatch, etc.

Problem is, the cars in single player garages weren't saving, then the GTAO cloud servers didn't work, then characters were being deleted, then the cars in GTAO were being deleted, and then glitches ruined the economy, as now everyone is rich.

Still, people kept playing. Only to find out..... Bad Sport system punishes you for blowing up cars. So that means, No Tank (which costs a lot of money), No RPG, no Sticky bombs, no Minigun, no Grenades, no Grenade Launcher, or else you risk being sent to BS Lobby, even if you are defending yourself.

And that's not all.

Then people found out no more new missions after level 80.  No incentive to level up after 120 (minigun).

Economy ruined, no reason to do anything, can't even fight other players much or be sent to Bad Sport lobby.

and then if you decide, OK, I'll play player vs player modes like Racing or something..... oops.  No Lobby system.

Why even play.

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

Just cause your the odd ball who prefers gta4 over 5 means it's a bad game?

I think 5 is going in the right direction except matchmaking sucks

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

i dont think 4 was better than 5

4 racing was fun but that's it. 

5 is better cause of bounties, free mode, lester/mayweather/pegasus. 

nobody is gonna give 5 any awards for online....its average at best. 

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

lol at the guy who said something about an economy being ruined in online.

there is no trading there is no stock market there isnt an economy online to ruin.

the only thing being missed out on because of the LSC glitch is rockstar not being able to steal peoples REAL money for FAKE money. I just call that justice.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yeah, op is right. I remember I used to play GTA IV for hours, I played so much I lost track of time.... Not with GTA V... No one ever does jobs, the races sucks, and you can't compare them to the driving physics of IV which are far superior, you can't make get close 10 feet to someone without killing you, you get wanted level for no reasons, everytime you try to steal a car they send a bounty after you, there are just so many missions and not enough people to play them all, so that's why we end up we no people in lobbies... and what's the point you only get like 1000 dollars...

I miss playing freemode not giving a sh*t about f*cking bad sport, or cops spawning every time you steal a car, I miss cops n crooks, I have no idea why the they decided to take it off it was clearly one of the best gamemodes,

The only thing that I hated about GTA IV online was the modders and the airport. That's it. GTA V concept was good, the delivery was bad.

• The Rangler likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:35 AM

Simplistic, easy to use and access multiplayer lobbies is the best way, just like GTA IV and any Call of Duty game.

I agree that is the easiest, but not the best way

I like the way GTAO doing is far more intering

remember you have to go in and out from race / DM to free mode in IV?

personally I dont like that that's why I only roam in single player

GTAO combines free roam and game lobby which is a great idea, it comes out not really nice somehow for the matching thing or bad spot blah blah blah, but I can wait until it improves

we had waiting this for so many years, so why not give them a chance to improve things?

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

GTAO combines free roam and game lobby which is a great idea, it comes out not really nice somehow for the matching thing or bad spot blah blah blah, but I can wait until it improves

we had waiting this for so many years, so why not give them a chance to improve things?

What? No all you have to do is finish the race, then you click on whatever game you want next and presto. Easier and faster.  IV is better.

CarIJohnson
  • CarIJohnson

Grove Street Families

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hmm, I agree with giving them a chance to improve since we waited years for this game.

I believe in them, but honestly, I stopped playing.

I'm not complaining in anyway, I think I'll just wait for a DLC to start playing again.

:r*:

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Fo sho'

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Potshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by The Rangler, 12 November 2013 - 07:04 AM.

We're still early in GTA Online's life-span, but I'm already pretty bored with it - where-as I played GTA IV Freemode for about 4 years straight (both original, then later BOGT). Unless one of my friends is on GTA Online gets boring quick. IV Freeroam only really got boring when you got stuck in an airport-only. The modders were the biggest problem in IV, and much like the glitchers so far in GTA Online, Rockstar did almost nothing about it.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

This is just so true, and it's the reason I haven't played for over a week - the frustration has gotten to me.

That first couple of years in GTA IV multiplayer was dominated by big 8 on 8 team deathmatches, where the lobby would fill up with people in under a minute and the game would get started right away. You got to know the players, so before they put the filters in with TLAD you knew which way the vote (ie kick the host) would go for AA on or off. You could make friends and go to party mode and have fun before diving into team DMs with 5 on 5 on 5 - matches came thick and fast and they were always different exciting and fun.

It did deteriorate, and about 3 years after release you started seeing fragmented lobbies where it was 7 on 4 on 2 on 2 on 1, and hosts were choosing turbo preferences (airport assault rifles) but by that time I'd turned to racing in persuit of AWP. That was awesome - right up until GTA V was released you could enter a lobby and a minute later you were ina 16 player race.

They totally f*cked up with GTAO. The most players I have played with in races or deathmatches is five. WTF happened??

• The Damned likes this

stagnzl
  • stagnzl

GTA Master

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

You sir are a fa**ot

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

ok see ya - don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

IV MP was absolute sh*t.. yeah, I said it.

Not to mention the final years.... it went something like this;

'Hey bro, let me invite you in this server'

'K dude, thanks'

'Ight man, I'm over here by the boardwal......'

'Yo, GW, you there?!'

3 1/2 minutes later

'Some mod froze me after setting me on fire about 10x, I'm back'

Lc gta
  • Lc gta

Mr. Excitement

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

If people didn't exploit or cheat the game would last a lot longer.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users