Question about saving Snapmatic photos.

10 replies to this topic
AK47-Mentalman
  • AK47-Mentalman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hi,

when going onto Snapmatic on the Social Club, is there anyway to save the images in higher resolution? The ones I 'Save Image As...' are relatively small compared to the size when I took them. Is there anyway to get them in 720p/ 1080p?

Cheers

• Ramyhyday likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Nope that's it. It's half of 720p by the way. So 360p. Garbage resolution.

The reason being is, you are uploading these screenshots to Rockstar's servers. If they saved 1080p files for everyone, they would run out of space fast. These sh*tty 360p images take up kilobytes.

• AK47-Mentalman likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

The reason being is, you are uploading these screenshots to Rockstar's servers. If they saved 1080p files for everyone, they would run out of space fast. These sh*tty 360p images take up kilobytes.

I wonder why exactly they decided to only let us save them online. If they gave us the ability to upload the lower resolution ones to Social Club as an option for sharing it would be nice, but it would also be nice to just save them to the HDD in full quality as well. Then we also wouldn't have to lose a good pic if Social Club goes down or something.  

• iMPAK540 likes this

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Well, you can always just get a capture card for 1080p pictures and videos and sh*t.

AK47-Mentalman
  • AK47-Mentalman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:26 AM

Very fair point, never thought of that.

Thanks for the reply anyway, just made do with 360p. 

Cheers!

stobe187
  • stobe187

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

A larger resolution on the pictures would be awesome, but if you do some math – hundred pics per user, roughly 15 million users. That quickly nets you 150 million jpegs to juggle. So it figures that the smaller res is to ease the whole process.

I'm a photographer, so for me the camera lacks a few things that would elevate the whole thing to another level but hey, it's better than nothing. Or the non-functioning functioning camera in IV where you couldn't save any of the shots.

The 96 image cap is agonizingly small (for me) tho. I've started to just download all the shots on my comp and then clearing all of em out the Gallery. Rinse and repeat.

Slightly off-topic, here's a collage of GTAV shots I've taken:

http://www.tuomolamp...om/gtav_big.jpg

It's pretty remarkable that (at least in that small resolution) some of em look like real pictures if you just glance over em. That lighting system is quite likely the finest I've seen in any game.

• FrancoEneiro likes this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

A larger resolution on the pictures would be awesome, but if you do some math – hundred pics per user, roughly 15 million users. That quickly nets you 150 million jpegs to juggle. So it figures that the smaller res is to ease the whole process.

I'm a photographer, so for me the camera lacks a few things that would elevate the whole thing to another level but hey, it's better than nothing. Or the non-functioning functioning camera in IV where you couldn't save any of the shots.

The 96 image cap is agonizingly small (for me) tho. I've started to just download all the shots on my comp and then clearing all of em out the Gallery. Rinse and repeat.

Slightly off-topic, here's a collage of GTAV shots I've taken:

http://www.tuomolamp...om/gtav_big.jpg

It's pretty remarkable that (at least in that small resolution) some of em look like real pictures if you just glance over em. That lighting system is quite likely the finest I've seen in any game.

How do you do the download to your computer?

stobe187
  • stobe187

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

For the time being, I'm just saving them image by image by using "Save image as.." on my browser. It would be really cool if they added a feature to the Snapmatic portion of the site that allowed you to download all your images at once...maybe I'll flick that idea to the Mouthoff email!

• multi3352 and iMPAK540 like this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

For the time being, I'm just saving them image by image by using "Save image as.." on my browser. It would be really cool if they added a feature to the Snapmatic portion of the site that allowed you to download all your images at once...maybe I'll flick that idea to the Mouthoff email!

Guess what part of my body I just slapped.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Guess what part of my body I just slapped.

Your dick? With your forehead?

• SUPERHEAVYDOODY likes this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

offline players got screwed

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users