GTA V online server down issue

8 replies to this topic
castar
  • castar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hi,

I have pre ordered my GTA v and got it on the day it was released and until now i have been unable to log online. (PS3 user)

I have done all system updates and game updates each time it was released.

Every time i try to go on line it says THE CLOUD SERVER IS DOWN and do you want to play offline and so on..

I was never able to get any tutorial or anything. It simply never allowed me to go on even once.

I have deleted the game and updates and reinstalled again and nothing seems to work.

Anyone got any ideas? Ive tried to msg support but never got a reply. I just dont know what else to try.

Anyone got any ideas?

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Do not go to online through startup screen. Start story ~> pause ~> online or friends ~> play gta online. I still cannot enter through startip but story no problem. Plus rockstar said dont go thru startup as it may cause deletion. Reply if it works.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Spuds725, 12 November 2013 - 08:28 PM.

When you do internet connection test on PS3-- What is your NAT? (1, 2, or 3)

Have you forwarded any ports to the PS3's IP address?

Does your router have a DMZ?

Is it possible to bypass your router (run an ethernet cable from your modem directly to your PS3)?

Have you tried changing your DNS settings on the PS3 or on your router?

Do other games work online ok?

castar
  • castar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

nat type is 2
i have tried running ethernet.
haven't tried changing dns. Not sure what to change to.

haven't play online before so not sure if other games work.

i am able to go online without story if that makes sense. It gets me to create character and just sends me anywhere on Map with randoms but that's only if i select to yes to play without server and saving. Its just running around killing others but no tutorial or saving. So i guess it does connect me to other players to go on a rampage but wont allow me to go online to save and so on.

castar
  • castar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Kingteflex no wont work. Ive tried all methods including installing all updates again of the game and my ps3

castar
  • castar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Ok ive also changed dns to 8888 and 8844 and nothing

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Never play without saving but heres a hunch. Back on gta 4 online if some ps3 had ps2 smoothing on it would not connect. I was one of those and i had bought it in 2012. So go to ps3 settings and look for ps2 smoothing and turn it off.

castar
  • castar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

ok latest update. I have sold my console with game. i went and purchased another console from someone who the ONLINE game was working for. Came home connected and BANGGGG server is down.!!!! WTF is going on people? It really has to do something with my internet or modem?

I have changed the DNS to 8888 and 8844

anyone got any ideas???? that has to confirm it something to do with my internet if someone who sold me it worked for and it doesnt for me.

castar
  • castar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

ok i am using NB6W netcomm router and i think its the opening of ports that need to be done.

Anyone can assist on how to do it for PS3 to enable me to connect to the game?

I found the following:

The following Ports need to be open on your router to connect to the online servers:
TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53, UDP 3064, TCP 1795, TCP 1745, UDP 1795, UDP 1745

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users