Currywurst appreciation thread

13 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

How do you all feel about this magnificent German contribution to the culinary world? I can think of no finer product to eat after you have been out drinking and need something greasy to fill your stomach. This product has become so popular the world over that you can now get it in most major American cities.

For those of you that do not know, it is a sausage of some kind that is deep fried, covered in curry ketchup, sprinkled with curry powder, and possibly served with French fries / mayo.

Please feel free to voice your opinion about this wonderful product.

Currywurst_with_pommes_frites-01.jpg

Currywurst-Express.jpg

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

That thing looks like it would give you a heart attack in one bite. Yikes O_O

• theadmiral likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

They look interesting. Reminds me of Kielbasa and Chips. Don't like chemical heat though (pepper and curry).

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

Yummy, bratwurst with some extra cholesterol. Ha and the amis think their fat food is big deal.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by JOSEPH X, 12 November 2013 - 07:14 AM.

"Currywurst mit Pommes rot weiss bitte!"

It's probably the sh*ttest sausage they make in that land of sausages, and has to be smothered in heated up spicy ketchup and dusted with curry powder to disguise the taste. They actually have machines where they drop the sausage through and it comes out the bottom in little pieces. It makes the unfortunate sound of someone with loose bowel syndrome doing a sh*t in the next door cubicle, but boy does it fill a hole!

The most memorable currywurst from my time living in Hamburg, would be the one I got daily from the imbiss at the U-Bahn station in Berne, where I worked as a lens polisher for a while. I'd always get two sausages and the chips were perfect - fried twice for extra crispiness. Still, I would never take a currywurst over a Krakauer or Thuringer "So braun wie es geht" from the Mo-Grill on Moenkeberg Strasse in the city centre.

Th%C3%BCringer-in-Falkenberg-Catering-Ko

• theadmiral likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Lips & assholes all taste the same I suppose.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Does anyone know how to make a decent curry ketchup at home so I can prepare this wonderful dish myself? I would imagine you heat up some ketchup with some spices in it , like cumin, turmeric, and something else. Why google a recipe when you can ask this fine community?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone know how to make a decent curry ketchup at home so I can prepare this wonderful dish myself? I would imagine you heat up some ketchup with some spices in it , like cumin, turmeric, and something else. Why google a recipe when you can ask this fine community?

• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/2 cup ketchup

Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add the shallots and curry and cook, stirring often, until the shallots have softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the ketchup. Transfer to a bowl and serve with chips (French fries).
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/2 cup ketchup

Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add the shallots and curry and cook, stirring often, until the shallots have softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the ketchup. Transfer to a bowl and serve with chips (French fries).

Perfect, I already have everything needed, except the shallot, but I have an onion so I will just use that. Thank you! It will be currywurst for dinner tonight.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel We actually call that a Curryworst over here, so I was rather confused. 

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel We actually call that a Curryworst over here, so I was rather confused. 

That Frikandel thing looks delicious and like it would go well with a big bottle of Jupiler. Are those pomme gaufrette instead of French fries? I now must try this thing, but I doubt I can find it around here.

1280px-Frikandel_speciaal_met_verse_frie

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

I have no idea what kind of fries they are xD. Though, yes, those curryworsts are delicious as balls if you ad mayo, ketchup and onions. We call it a "Curryworst Speciale" 

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

That Frikandel thing looks delicious and like it would go well with a big bottle of Jupiler. Are those pomme gaufrette instead of French fries? I now must try this thing, but I doubt I can find it around here.

1280px-Frikandel_speciaal_met_verse_frie

Damn dog, that looks good as hell.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by theadmiral, 26 November 2013 - 09:26 PM.

.l 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users