Quantcast

» «
Photo

The "N" word

152 replies to this topic
Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Do not excuse my ignorance, but are Indian people black or of african descendants, and what about people from the south americas, brown is not a race, they are indigenous americans?

Why is it that black people have so many synonyms, nigga, ni**er, negroes while whites are only caucasian or white trash.

Likewise Asian like the japanese don't look yelloish at all imo.

I am slightly drunk only, so apologieses in advance, I have been sober for three weeks so I'm not like a drunken hobo.

Black people and asian can be racist as f*ck when they want to, so it's not a race issue, it's only a persons narrow mind and intolerance issue, though culture might play a role too.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:24 AM

Why is it that black people have so many synonyms, nigga, ni**er, negroes while whites are only caucasian or white trash

white people.

also known as....

Caucasian

white trash

Aryan

Anglo-saxon

bacon eater

beacher

blanco

blue-eyed devil

boogie man

boss man

boozer

bubba

banker

casper

cancer

caveman

cheesehead

Confederate

Yankee

cornfed

cracker

Custer

devil

white devil

Elvis

frosty

farmer

ghost

Gomer

goober

gringo

hillbilly

hick

red neck

honky

hoosier

ivory

John Deere

kook

lice

lobster

Lassie

lynch monger

maggot

marshmallow

"massa"

master

Mayflower

pilgrim

mayonaisse

milk / milky

milkhead

moss-eater

mudskipper

mullet

pasty

paleface

pancake

peckerwood

pinewood

pinky

round-eye

rube

saltine

skinhead

slackjaw

snowman

Storm Trooper

swine

trailer trash

tornado bait

troglodyte ("trog")

turkey

vampire

wanker

wigger

whitey

wasp

wink / winkle

• Zotak, IM_YOUR_GOD and Grand Theft Savage like this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 14 November 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Why is it that black people have so many synonyms, nigga, ni**er, negroes while whites are only caucasian or white trash.

Those three words aren't even synonyms of each other.

@Above: Where I live, the older people just say "inbreeds," while the younger people have a huge arsenal of nicknames for Europeans. They strongly dislike the words "nilla" and "niller".

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Why is it that black people have so many synonyms, nigga, ni**er, negroes while whites are only caucasian or white trash

white people.

also known as....

Caucasian

white trash

Aryan

Anglo-saxon

bacon eater

beacher

blanco

blue-eyed devil

boogie man

boss man

boozer

bubba

banker

casper

cancer

caveman

cheesehead

Confederate

Yankee

cornfed

cracker

Custer

devil

white devil

Elvis

frosty

farmer

ghost

Gomer

goober

gringo

hillbilly

hick

red neck

honky

hoosier

ivory

John Deere

kook

lice

lobster

Lassie

lynch monger

maggot

marshmallow

"massa"

master

Mayflower

pilgrim

mayonaisse

milk / milky

milkhead

moss-eater

mudskipper

mullet

pasty

paleface

pancake

peckerwood

pinewood

pinky

round-eye

rube

saltine

skinhead

slackjaw

snowman

Storm Trooper

swine

trailer trash

tornado bait

troglodyte ("trog")

turkey

vampire

wanker

wigger

whitey

wasp

wink / winkle

Ey brah, you forgot to add "Haole" (Its a very common Hawaiian word for white boy/girl)

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 14 November 2013 - 10:39 AM.

You did not take any wisdom from my post... and I am grown.  You slated me for no reason and tried to pull me into an argument and it worked. I wasn't interested in giving a dissertation I just wanted to say my two cents and leave which is the reason why I made the point I made and quickly. 

Actually, yes I did, why would I simply admit I was wrong if I didn't learn anything? After Max neatly explained it to me, I understand why you don't like the use of the word, even amongst black people, because it is an awful word that carries many negative connotations to the past and as long as its use is prevalent it is going to create a divide between black and white, it's like a constant reminder, even when used as an endearing term, Max did put it more eloquently, and the point was made.

You slated me for no reason and tried to pull me into an argument and it worked. I wasn't interested in giving a dissertation I just wanted to say my two cents and leave which is the reason why I made the point I made and quickly.  

I was questioning your opinion, what is the point of a forum if everybody just ignores everybody else, everyone would just blurt their opinions everywhere and nobody would learn anything, and there wouldn't be any discussion, if you just want to post, and leave you've come to the wrong place. Also the reason I picked your post out was because it was the first post that looked like it had someone who had sound reasoning behind them, perfect for a discussion on the subject, after that honestly I skipped over a few posts to see your reply, so I didn't catch Max's original post. However I most definitely saw his second one on this page, i'm sure you saw me mention his name several times, I wanted your lineage because at the time I felt as though that was relevant to the debate, but not really so much anymore, see I did learn something.

BTW I have a fiery temper...nothing to do with immaturity and I'm grateful to Max for stepping in.  Funny how you didn't have anything to say to his initial post but had plenty to say to me and damn near wanted my whole lineage before accepting my point...I wonder if that's because you saw a female.

I should point out that a temper, and maturity do not go hand in hand, at all, patience and maintaining a level head does fit with maturity, having a temper is an extremely strong sign of immaturity, being able to contain your anger and continue to be reasonable in any circumstance is a large part of becoming a mature adult.
That last jab is a bit silly, I don't really fully believe any female on these boards is actually a female , I stated why I singled your post out, and there isn't really any more to it than that, but if you feel there is, does it really matter? A debate is a debate, I learned something, and that is good.

Once more I am going to say that you started throwing insults, so don't get upset when I give back some feedback, you already proved my point that I made at the end of my last post, no need to keep it going, just let it go.

Typical of an arrogant jerk you want me to be quiet so you can try and sound clever but you've already shown you're not.  It says just how much your posts were annoying that someone felt the need to step in and correct your 'logical' nonsense.  Someone else put you in your place and now you feel sheepish.  You didn't expect it and neither do I usually in these forums and it hurt you.  I'm not saying Max would agree with how I handled you but at least he had the intellectual capacity to understand my point; a point which you said was not logical yet was somehow more logical from Max who is white despite the fact that you essentially said no non blacks should be able to comment on the word; some great logical skills you have.  What you fail to realize is by liking Max's post you essentially admitted that everything you were rambling on to me about was complete and utter nonsense (which of course I already knew) and you're trying to sugar coat it by blabbering on about how you've learned something.  As you can see there are plenty of people here commenting on the issue who are not black but you singled me out for some garbage because you wanted to stroke your ego failing to realize I could care less about what you think.

You weren't questioning my opinion so stop lying.  Questioning my opinion would be like 'please elaborate cause I'm not understanding your point'.   But you essential said 'you make no sense and by the way unless you're black you should be quiet on the issue' which is when white Max stepped in and schooled you.  Please stop with your condescending nonsense; having a bad temper is a character trait and doesn't necessarily negate being mature.  I've seen adults all through life with this trait, including teachers and it didn't make me think 'wow, that person is soo immature, it made me think wow I don't wanna piss him off.'  I have no problem with admitting the traits that make me an imperfect fallible human being but I guess you wouldn't grasp that being the arrogant individual you are. 

There's nothing silly about being a sexist p****.  The fact that you find it impossible for a born female to post in GTA forums says everything about you and proves that you definitely are not someone whose opinion I will be concerning myself with ever on this forum. I mean a healthy dose of cynicism concerning the net is one thing but why the hell would someone go out out of their way to pretend to be a girl HERE of all places where as soon as a girl types something the losers come in with 'shut the hell up you whore, or as I saw another girl here called a c** dumpster' why would a guy find that amusing to put up with that nonsense on a constant basis.  And this is where having a fiery fierce temper comes in handy to enable you to deal with that garbage if need be; so be quiet. You haven't proved any points and your opinion is not correct (as you claimed) so just do as I said before and go away (from me not the thread).

I realize you are trying to diffuse the situation but I don't feel it's genuine and it's only coming because of someone else's post otherwise you would have kept going which is the reason why my reply is the way it is.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

@El Diablo...lol...wow that's a list.  It just goes to show that every race/ethnic group etc. of people has distasteful words to describe other people...no one is exempt from racism or being racist....hey I just figured out our commonality now lets all hug ;)

Melchior
  • Melchior

♥ Ⓐ

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Do not excuse my ignorance, but are Indian people black or of african descendants, and what about people from the south americas, brown is not a race, they are indigenous americans?

All humans are descended from black Africans, but those who migrated to colder areas developed different skin pigmentation as necessitated by the environment (essentially, the colder the environment, the whiter the skin; white skin absorbs sunlight better). This is why we see different "races" in Europe and Asia. Indigenous Americans in North and South America are descended from migrants from Asia.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:13 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 November 2013 - 04:41 PM.

@FirstLadyofGTA; shut the f*ck up. You're not only derailing the thread but you're making yourself look like an idiot. After reading your post I seriously doubt that you were born in the eighties.

Edit: I'm on about your reply to Finn.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

@El Diablo...lol...wow that's a list.  It just goes to show that every race/ethnic group etc. of people has distasteful words to describe other people...no one is exempt from racism or being racist....hey I just figured out our commonality now lets all hug ;)

What year where you born?

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

@FirstLadyofGTA; shut the f*ck up. You're not only derailing the thread but you're making yourself look like an idiot. After reading your post I seriously doubt that you were born in the eighties.

you must mistake me for somebody who cares...so you shut the f*** up.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 November 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Stop derailing the topic with your "I don't care what you think, I'll do what I want" attitude.
  • MackRotten likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Stop derailing the topic

Words to live by. Let's get back on topic.

• MackRotten likes this

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Stop derailing the topic with your "I don't care what you think, I'll do what I want" attitude.

OKAY FINN so you're the type of guy to use the word N***** then?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

???

Have you actually read any of his posts or are you having an argument with a shadow? I'm totally lost as to what point, if any, you are trying to make.
  • geobst likes this

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

???

Have you actually read any of his posts or are you having an argument with a shadow? I'm totally lost as to what point, if any, you are trying to make.

Sighs....clearly.  The Okay Finn part was sarcasm since he felt the need to come in guns blazing about derailing the topic but didn't contribute at all.  I just checked the first two pages because his name I didn't recognize but I could have easily missed it.  I was addressing 'Unoriginal Gangster' and asking him what his opinion was on the use of the N word!

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

???
Sighs....clearly.  The Okay Finn part was sarcasm since he felt the need to come in guns blazing about derailing the topic but didn't contribute at all.  I just checked the first two pages because his name I didn't recognize but I could have easily missed it.  I was addressing 'Unoriginal Gangster' and asking him what his opinion was on the use of the N word!
Why are you still going on? Your sarcasm doesn't make sense, nor does your general post content in your past posts on this topic.

Or are you blatantly ignoring Girish because of your "I don't care what you think, I'll do what I want" attitude?

Anyway, on topic; I've heard a lot of people from all kinds of backgrounds say things such as "damn, my nigga", "nigga shut the f*ck up" and so on. Most of the people I've heard saying things like that aren't even black. Most of them were Chinese, Pakistani or Caucasian. Some of them were just taking the piss, others had gotten into a horrid habit of using the term in their social life.

I've seen a few black guys get emotional when hearing the term used like that, although most of them tend to ignore it. Sometimes it does get out of hand and an argument or even a fight in some circumstances will happen.

If you ask me, it's the internet that's caused people, mostly teenagers, think that it's okay to use such a term, hence why it's used so much all around the world. Sometimes it's that person being inconsiderate about people's feelings, although in most cases it's either down to how they were brought up or because they're a regular internet user.

The term is mostly used among gaming communities. Most teenagers play games regularly nowadays, so I guess that kind of explains it. The term is abused in some roleplaying servers, especially SA-MP ones.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by sivispacem, 14 November 2013 - 08:10 PM.

???

I suggest you might want to re-evaluate your earlier comment and replace it with something that makes the faintest bit of sense given that you're now claiming that you were talking to a different person than the one you referred to, by name no less, and insinuated was a racists?

You're posts are totally incomprehensible, you might want to stop concentrating so hard on making yourself sound clever through creative use of language and instead focus on whether or not anything you say actually makes sense

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

???

I suggest you might want to re-evaluate your earlier comment and replace it with something that makes the faintest but of sense given that you're now claiming that you were talking to a different person than the one you referred to, by name no less, and insinuated was a racists?

You're posts are totally incomprehensible, you might want to stop concentrating so hard on making yourself sound clever through creative use of language and instead focus on whether or not anything you say actually makes sense

No time for this nonsense and I don't know what 'faintest but of sense' means...I'm replying to Unoriginal gangster on topic. good bye. 

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 14 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

???
Why are you still going on? Your sarcasm doesn't make sense, nor does your general post content in your past posts on this topic.

Or are you blatantly ignoring Girish because of your "I don't care what you think, I'll do what I want" attitude?

Anyway, on topic; I've heard a lot of people from all kinds of backgrounds say things such as "damn, my nigga", "nigga shut the f*ck up" and so on. Most of the people I've heard saying things like that aren't even black. Most of them were Chinese, Pakistani or Caucasian. Some of them were just taking the piss, others had gotten into a horrid habit of using the term in their social life.

I've seen a few black guys get emotional when hearing the term used like that, although most of them tend to ignore it. Sometimes it does get out of hand and an argument or even a fight in some circumstances will happen.

If you ask me, it's the internet that's caused people, mostly teenagers, think that it's okay to use such a term, hence why it's used so much all around the world. Sometimes it's that person being inconsiderate about people's feelings, although in most cases it's either down to how they were brought up or because they're a regular internet user.

The term is mostly used among gaming communities. Most teenagers play games regularly nowadays, so I guess that kind of explains it. The term is abused in some roleplaying servers, especially SA-MP ones.

Did you read my posts....it doesn't seem like it.  I had to go off on a tangent and defend people's right to give an opinion whether or not they were black.  Who is Girish???  Okay I understand somewhat your point but it seems like you're explaining more then letting me know what your exact opinion is.  I agree with you on the internet and its spread that way.  And I also agree with you on it's cross cultural international use....which I'm strongly against.  I'm against the use of the word in most circumstances.  When I first posted I was going to say completely against but I changed my words in case someone brought up literature for example...there is validity in using the N word sometimes there for example but I don't like it in colloquial language.  This goes back to my very first point...why is it that the N word has become acceptable to the point that everyone feels the need to use it.  Other racist names towards individuals have not become popularized amongst non blacks and that I find in itself very racist...does that make sense?

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:52 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 November 2013 - 07:56 PM.

I didn't aim my on topic addition at you. It was an addition to the topic, not an addition to my response to your sh*tty attitude on the topic.

And no, I haven't read any of your previous posts apart from the ones aimed at Finn because it's a waste of time.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

???

I suggest you might want to re-evaluate your earlier comment and replace it with something that makes the faintest but of sense given that you're now claiming that you were talking to a different person than the one you referred to, by name no less, and insinuated was a racists?

No time for this nonsense and I don't know what 'faintest but of sense' means...I'm replying to Unoriginal gangster on topic. good bye. 
It was a typo, but my point still stands. The reason people seem to have issues understanding what you're saying are down to the fact none of it makes any sense.

bread
  • bread

Never worry about anything.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by Mockage, 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM.

@FirstLadyOfGTA - You have problems. If you're really getting that upset over  THE INTERNET then you gotta go see a therapist or something. You are such an embarrassment at this point.

To stay on topic, I just wanna say that it's obvious that the evolvement of culture (in regards to music and such) have basically nullified the use of the word "ni**er" which eventually adopted the variant "nigga" which as we all know is widely used today as a completely different form as opposed to how it was used back in the 60's and such when racism was still prevalent. As time went on rap music was formed, some rappers began to wing the word "nigga" around and eventually the term became completely loose and sort of lost its integrity as a racial slur, even though some people still use it today to imply an Afro-American (or any dark person of African descent for that matter).

Nigga. 

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by Saint., 14 November 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Nullified? Not to everyone.

I'll admit that music & movies are one of the reasons why most people are starting to use the word more frequently compared to how it was years back. It still doesn't mean it's a word you should be using on a daily basis though,no matter what your race is.

It's used so often,it's almost like a switch for "dude",etc lol. Also,depending on the context,it's best not to use the n word and "white boy" in the same sentence for obvious reasons :p

Personally,I've got friends who're fine with the word when my other friends use it, because they know that the context isn't racial,but just a substitute for dude,since most of my friends who do use the word,use it with people who're not black either.

It's not like "hey,meet my friend josh,and my n* ray".

In short,don't use the word around random people or if your friends aren't cool with it. A better alternative is to not use it at all :p

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

It's pretty sad that this is an issue in our society still.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by The Yokel, 15 November 2013 - 01:23 AM.

The only reason words are deemed offensive is because certain people are not familiar with the art of ignoring people. ni**er, c*nt, retard, spic, hillbilly etc. These things don't mean anything until you react to them. And why the f*ck would you react to them? What if suddenly someone decides that elephant is an offensive words? How are we supposed to live without being able to say elephant in a public place? Some of these words might have had an impact in the past, but today it's all just arbitrary crap that won't die out because people are too afraid to challenge the status quo.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

The only reason words are deemed offensive is because certain people are not familiar with the art of ignoring people. ni**er, c*nt, retard, spic, hillbilly etc. These things don't mean anything until you react to them. And why the f*ck would you react to them? What if suddenly someone decides that elephant is an offensive words? How are we supposed to live without being able to say elephant in a public place? Some of these words might have had an impact in the past, but today it's all just arbitrary crap that won't die out because people are too afraid to challenge the status quo.

You can hardly compare somebody taking what's never been an offensive term as offensive to taking terms that originated or are renowned for being offensive. If I was black and somebody used the term "ni**er" or "nigga" infront of me, I'd take offence. I'd also take offence from the term "spic" if I was Hispanic. As for "retard", if somebody has a disabled family member or friend or is disabled themselves, it's no mystery why they'd take offence to the term being used.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:49 AM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 15 November 2013 - 12:58 PM.

I didn't aim my on topic addition at you. It was an addition to the topic, not an addition to my response to your sh*tty attitude on the topic.

And no, I haven't read any of your previous posts apart from the ones aimed at Finn because it's a waste of time.

Well that says it all doesn't...come in barking like a dog an if you go to the first page...never mind...you're just a waste of my time.

???

It was a typo, but my point still stands. The reason people seem to have issues understanding what you're saying are down to the fact none of it makes any sense.

It seemed to make sense to quite a few others...so the fact that it doesn't for you is not my concern.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

Right, that's why both Finn and Unoriginal, who are the only two people you've really engaged with on the subject, have both said your contributions make no sense.

Just me, right?

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 15 November 2013 - 12:59 PM.

@FirstLadyOfGTA - You have problems. If you're really getting that upset over  THE INTERNET then you gotta go see a therapist or something. You are such an embarrassment at this point.

To stay on topic, I just wanna say that it's obvious that the evolvement of culture (in regards to music and such) have basically nullified the use of the word "ni**er" which eventually adopted the variant "nigga" which as we all know is widely used today as a completely different form as opposed to how it was used back in the 60's and such when racism was still prevalent. As time went on rap music was formed, some rappers began to wing the word "nigga" around and eventually the term became completely loose and sort of lost its integrity as a racial slur, even though some people still use it today to imply an Afro-American (or any dark person of African descent for that matter).

Nigga. 

I'm not upset I was annoyed at someone telling me unless I'm black I should be quiet....there's a difference; like wise I'm not upset at you thinking I'm an embarrassment...it's the internet.  And I can assure that the word N***** has not lost its integrity as an offensive word in the slightest to many black Americans; all hip hop has done is allowed for those who listen to that genre to feel it's okay to use the word even if they are not black. End.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by Raavi, 15 November 2013 - 12:47 PM.

Rice ni**er, spics, sand ni**ers, wetbacks, bush ni**er, mess-in-a-can, timber ni**er.. I could go on and on, for every nationality and religion there is a derogatory nickname. However ni**er/Nigga can also be used in a (endearing) non-racially-sensitive context, which can't be said for the above. This is such a non-issue and a ridiculous double standard.

• bread and rudy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users