Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best tire type for high speed no brake turns in an Infernus?

38 replies to this topic
pr0n-
  • pr0n-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

The wheels are all the same, they dont handle different if you put others on it..

There are just different categories so you have it easy to find your type of taste.

Placebo is one powerful force to reckon with though. It's like the miracle of sugar pills healing people, but only because they believed the sugar pill to be some super drug that would fix them.

If you believe in the myth, you will see the differences in the handling, not because it is there, but because it is expected.

Do some benchmarking and you will see, tuner, off-road, whatever you like, is for looks. I have tried this, my Futo drifts the same with off-road tires as it does with tuner tires. That is to say, it doesn't.

Honestly, if they added the option to add a working LSD, then most of the cars would be able to drift, the physics are there, the LSD is not.

909s.png I agree people are stupid

Why stupid? The dude is right

Excuse me? I said 'I agree people are stupid'

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

The wheels are all the same, they dont handle different if you put others on it..

There are just different categories so you have it easy to find your type of taste.

Placebo is one powerful force to reckon with though. It's like the miracle of sugar pills healing people, but only because they believed the sugar pill to be some super drug that would fix them.

If you believe in the myth, you will see the differences in the handling, not because it is there, but because it is expected.

Do some benchmarking and you will see, tuner, off-road, whatever you like, is for looks. I have tried this, my Futo drifts the same with off-road tires as it does with tuner tires. That is to say, it doesn't.

Honestly, if they added the option to add a working LSD, then most of the cars would be able to drift, the physics are there, the LSD is not.

909s.png I agree people are stupid

Why stupid? The dude is right

Excuse me? I said 'I agree people are stupid'

Okay cool, my bad, thought you you agreed with the other people.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Don't forget, placebos still work even after you are told it was only a placebo.

The mind has already decided the answer, any further research is just a waste of your time.

There are no numbers to back up the theory, there is only opinions based upon how people "feel" it changes. Exactly how a placebo would function.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by kABUSE, 12 November 2013 - 11:54 AM.

But its actually pretty easy to test it. Just do the same race in the same car with all sorts of tires, hold R2 and the left stick to the left all the time (already during countdown), film the entire thing and compare it afterwards.

it should be exactly the same turn.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

I know, i have the same thing going on in APB Reloaded. Theres those two guns, N-TEC 5 and Joker CR5, except the sound and the model theres nothing different, yet i play better with the ntec.

Shellfish
  • Shellfish

COYI

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

With the tuner tires, the car feels very stiff, it doesn't want to lift from the road. With the muscle tires, it gives way about half way through the turn, and the aft end swings out.

Edit: "It's almost like having bald tires in real life, the car slides around a lot."

Actually it's the opposite way round. "Bald tires ie: racing slicks should give more grip as all of the rubber is in contact with the road not just part of it like normal road going tyres.

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

With the tuner tires, the car feels very stiff, it doesn't want to lift from the road. With the muscle tires, it gives way about half way through the turn, and the aft end swings out.

Edit: "It's almost like having bald tires in real life, the car slides around a lot."

Actually it's the opposite way round. "Bald tires ie: racing slicks should give more grip as all of the rubber is in contact with the road not just part of it like normal road going tyres.

Until it gets wet, then the extra contact patch actually works against you as it's easier to aquaplane without treads to channel the water.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

If you are wanting to take corners at full speed then use a motorcycle...

u still need to use the break on a motorcycle....

but if you know how to get in to a corner using the out-in-out method, a very small push on it will be very enought

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I pretty much Always use the high end wheels
chrome GT or split ten are pretty much the only wheels I put on my cars because they just look so damn awesome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users