» «
Photo

GTAO car Mods/Customization lacking

14 replies to this topic
loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by loki993, 11 November 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Anyone have any idea why the decided to limit the car customization so much in the online version of the game as opposed to the SP version? There are so many mods you can do to cars in the SP that simply aren't available for the online version of the cars.

Hopefully maybe these will become available in a future patch or DLC? Though somehow Im not holding my breath.... 

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

???

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Did they really cut them or are you saying 1 car has many customization that you noticed in SP but when you drove a different car into the garage you noticed it didn't have as many mods as the other one?

I have not noticed a shortage of mods when comparing SP to MP. I have just noticed a shortage in mods on specific cars compared to others.

• rnb010 likes this

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Buy Midnight Club LA

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

He is saying some cars are missing the customizations they have in single player.

The Tornado is missing wheelie bars and suspension in online for example.

The Hotknife is missing the option to completely remove the fenders also.

There are many cars that have mods in single Ayer but not online.

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

He is saying some cars are missing the customizations they have in single player.

The Tornado is missing wheelie bars and suspension in online for example.

The Hotknife is missing the option to completely remove the fenders also.

There are many cars that have mods in single Ayer but not online.

Thats exactly what Im saying....the roll bar for example....Its available on nearly every car in SP but in MP its hardly available on any of them....exhaust options are another one...

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by loki993, 12 November 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Buy Midnight Club LA

At least Im not asking for spinners and underbody lights like in some other thread I just saw..I just want what's available in the SP game....more performance mods would be nice but what we have is good enough I suppose...

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Buy Midnight Club LA

At least Im not asking for sponners and underbody lights like in some other thread I just saw..I just want what's available in the SP game....more performance mods would be nice but what we have is good enough I suppose...

I agree. I'm a drag racer irl, so I thought the wheelie bars were a really cool addition. I wanted a Tornado for sports classics races, but I can't lower it or put the bars on, so I can't accomplish the pro-street look I'm after.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 November 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Some voices claim they made MP graphics worse than the SP, too. I`d guess some mods impact game / FPS performance more than others - so they removed them?

That or plain sloppiness.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

The hot knife has two different models to it. One that fenders can be removed and one that can't. Just buy another one and hope for the best
  • TheQuestfor100Percent likes this

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by TheQuestfor100Percent, 12 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Some voices claim they made MP graphics worse than the SP, too. I`d guess some mods impact game / FPS performance more than others - so they removed them?

I assume that is the reason, but I don't get why the mods are ok for some cars and not others, even if they a visually the exact same mod. (Roll cages, wheelie bars, etc.)

Didn't know that about the Hotknife, I'll try it out tonight.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 November 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I assume that is the reason, but I don't get why the mods are ok for some cars and not others, even if they a visually the exact same mod. (Roll cages, wheelie bars, etc.)

Your guess is as good as mine on this one. We have only sloppiness left as reason :)

Interesting fact - my garage was "stuttering" really bad if I would look inside, at a certain angle, with 10 cars. Unmodded AND modded.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Your guess is as good as mine on this one. We have only sloppiness left as reason :)

Interesting fact - my garage was "stuttering" really bad if I would look inside, at a certain angle, with 10 cars. Unmodded AND modded.

Sometimes mine stutters if someone else with the same garage is in there fully stocked garage too. Doesn't happen too much as I bought a less popular apartment, that IMO had the best view in the game.

loki993
  • loki993

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Buy Midnight Club LA

At least Im not asking for sponners and underbody lights like in some other thread I just saw..I just want what's available in the SP game....more performance mods would be nice but what we have is good enough I suppose...

I agree. I'm a drag racer irl, so I thought the wheelie bars were a really cool addition. I wanted a Tornado for sports classics races, but I can't lower it or put the bars on, so I can't accomplish the pro-street look I'm after.

Right

I honestly wouldn't doubt that..reduction in graphics quality is probably to increase in game performance....Im fine with giving up a little flash for a smooth running game...

The only thing I can think of that may makes sense is server space and what the game has to process at any given time. Limiting the amount of mods and cars you can mod reduces the number of combinations the servers have to keep track of. So who knows maybe it's simply a matter of limited capacity....I really hope not though

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sometimes mine stutters if someone else with the same garage is in there fully stocked garage too. Doesn't happen too much as I bought a less popular apartment, that IMO had the best view in the game.

If it`s any help, I own the 335k apt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users