Quantcast

» «
Photo

Soundtracks, anyone likes to listen to them?

32 replies to this topic
WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

No, I didn't use search function to see if there were other threads of this. You can call me lazy if you want - I guess I probably am.

As a person who commonly likes to listen movie/game/TV-series soundtracks, I wanted to ask you people this. Does anyone here like to listen to soundtracks? If you want, you can tell which one(s) are your favorite.

And yeah, I am asking whether you like the OST. I'm not really asking if you like a song used in the movie/game, but you can post those too if you wish.

Movie: Has varied throughout the years... ones I have listened have included the OST's of Tron: Legacy, Pirates of the Caribbean and main themes of numerous movies. :p

Game: Ones I remember include BioShock 2, The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. 3 of my favorites probably... main themes of other games I have listened too. First to come to mind would be Crysis 2.

And yeah I have listened to all the GTA main themes there are. :)

TV-series: Only main themes of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead... if I am allowed to "break" my own rules, then technically Knife Party - Bonfire from Breaking Bad too.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yes.

I hardly ever listen to modern songs anymore, really. The ones that I do are usually featured in a game I've played, or a movie/TV series I've watched.

Been preferring composed soundtracks for the longest time now. Specifically a ton of Assassin's Creed soundtracks. 

Jesper Kyd is amazing;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-11s1rWrH9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJx4rKoCKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHcSboWuA4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqVIQKyCXAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1e774TdMM

Bonus mandatory Hitman track;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU3t5Xr-Tvc

• LCJ likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

The scores in Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon were amazing.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

I don't really hear to movie/game made scores but the Platoon one is quite awesome.

About videogames, gotta agree with Xerukal, the Assassins Creed II score was pretty good.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Ye, i got alot on my ipod ( tony hawks 1 2 3 4, mortal kombat stages and ofcourse gta radio stations, From movie commando = very good to, lil jungle kinda tune with amazing part that you just want to load a sh*tload of guns and blow up whole neighbour hood. Lethal weapon has this epic tunes like you see murthaugs face and you hear this jazz sound, im to old for this sh*t + jazz tune = to epic.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by Mr Scratch, 12 November 2013 - 07:16 PM.

I don't really hear to movie/game made scores but the Platoon one is quite awesome.

About videogames, gotta agree with Xerukal, the Assassins Creed II score was pretty good.

Hate to break it to you but that piece was composed by Samuel Barber in 1938. As far as movie scores go Super 8 and Men in Black are some of my favorites

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by Werebot85, 12 November 2013 - 10:26 PM.

^ Michael Giacchino is great...

(So all JJ Abrams' movie soundtracks are awesome I think :) )

I also love Pacific Rim's soundtrack:

And also...

Just some of the ones I like. Too lazy to think harder lol
  • WinterEdit likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 14 November 2013 - 01:42 AM.

I enjoy watching the credits after a movie I like ad then I make my own soundtracks

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

I like of many old games, maybe this is my favorite.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:28 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 15 November 2013 - 05:30 PM.

I guess I'll be the first to say it.
GTA V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBhzs2NGwvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArA3bkumvoI

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 16 November 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Yeah, I really like video game music. My favourites are Devil May Cry, Tekken, Bully, Red Dead and Fallout.

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Movies: Little Miss Sunshine's soundtrack was amazing. I also really liked Juno's soundtrack, although it has become a bit played out, just like 500 Days of Summer's soundtrack. I thought Sucker Punch's soundtrack fit the movie very well. I also must admit The Great Gatsby (2013) had an awesome soundtrack, "Young & Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey was a great addition to the film (sorry if that broke the rules...).

Video games: Honestly, I don't listen to much video game soundtracks but the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack is absolutely amazing. I listen to it on what seems to be a weekly basis, it's probably the best soundtrack in the whole SH franchise. The Tekken games always have great music in them, as well as the Dead or Alive games.

TV: Have to agree, The Walking Dead does have a pretty good soundtrack, despite me feeling the series is going downhill (not even gonna get into it...), there's some great scores nonetheless. Game of Thrones has some very epic music in it (what else would you expect from the greatest tv show ever?). True Blood has great music as well, I really wish they'd release the full length version of certain scores, though. For example, the theme that plays when the vampires "glamour" other beings is very pleasant sounding but has yet to be released in a complete format. United States of Tara (still angry that Showtime cancelled it...) had some pretty great tracks, too.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:35 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 17 February 2015 - 08:33 PM.

Soundtracks have been my thing for a long time. Actually when I was younger, I hardly listened to anything else.

I used to like Hans Zimmer a lot, but these days I lean more towards stuff like this:

Cliff Martinez is my favorite modern movie composer. He also did the soundtrack for Far Cry 4. Haven't played the game, but I listened to the soundtrack on spotify.

• Mr. Scratch and Verdant like this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

The score is just as amazing as the show.

And from an equally amazing film.

Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

A lot of people didn't like this movie(I still did mainly, because I love its atmosphere and style), but I think a lot of people who hated the movie still liked the soundtrack:

• Hyperglide likes this

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:10 PM Edited by Stephan90, 20 February 2015 - 04:12 PM.

I love many video game soundtracks, for example:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X and also the piano collections and live albums

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3

The last of us (hearing it makes me really tired. So I listen to it before going to bed)

Shadow of the collosus

Turtles in time

Resident evil remake

GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas

Red Dead Redemption

SSX 3

Burnout Takedown

TV and movie:

Dragonball and Dragonball Z soundtrack

Scarface

Terminator 2

• Nutsack McQueen likes this

Mar.K
  • Mar.K

Hitman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

Ofc.:pp

From movie soundtracks the O.S.T for Brian De Palma's "Scarface" (1983) is one of my personal favorites.

When it comes to tv soundtracks; Jan Hammer's and Tim Truman's scores from "Miami Vice" (1984 - 1989) -

are the thing for me. Also, Hironobu Kageyama from Japan singing the main theme and other songs -

for "Dragon Ball/DBZ" tv series. movies and games...that's some sweet stuff right there.

In video games; I like the scores in SNES and other classic console games. Who can forget -

the ending theme for "GTA: Vice City" (2002) either. "Finale"'s the song called.

The song "Deadman's Gun" in "Red Dead Redemption"'s (2010) soundtrack..wow.

Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:57 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 20 February 2015 - 06:59 PM.

The atmosphere in this classic is just magical:

Don't watch a lot of anime, but this was an exciting and interesting film with a great soundtrack(mind your ears there's kind of a loud sound effect in the beginning, but the rest is good):

• Mar.K likes this

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:24 AM Edited by Verdant, 21 February 2015 - 12:25 AM.

I love the Heat (1995) OST.

The suspense in this track leading up to that amazing shootout scene with the LAPD!

'God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters' by Moby (Heat Soundtrack). I don't think there was any other way to finish off the movie without this track.

Another one of my favorites is the 1983 Scarface OST

• Mar.K likes this

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:23 AM Edited by Scarface187, 21 February 2015 - 03:25 AM.

John Carpenter: Not just one of the greatest directors ever but one of the best film composers as well.

And possibly the greatest composer of all time, Bernard Herrmann.

• Mar.K likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

The soundtrack for Interstellar is probably one of the better scores I've heard in a film. The extensive use of organs is a unique and welcome change of pace for Hans Zimmer as opposed to the usual big drum sound he's been more known for recently in the Dark Knight trilogy and Inception. No Time for Caution is the standout for me. The tension it adds to the scene it's used in is awesome, especially from 2:34 onwards.

As far as movies using licensed songs, my favorite soundtrack in that category would probably be Boogie Nights. It has a perfect blend of tunes from the '70s and early '80s.

With games, I'd say my favorite original soundtrack is what Rockstar created for V. I really love playing intense missions both off and online to the beat of some synthesizers. However I think that VCS had the best radio stations yet in a GTA. I feel that they flawlessly capture the sounds and overall mood of the early '80s.

Favorite song from VCS: The Passions - I'm In Love With a German Film Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVPgzh20AZY

• Scarface187 likes this

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

Both Vice City games hands down have the best soundtracks. I am really hoping GTA 6 is set in Vice City in the 80's.

And Interstellar's score was one of the few things I enjoyed about that film.

• Vanilla Shake likes this

Hyperglide
  • Hyperglide

Addicted to Synthahol

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:31 AM

Didn't have to use the search.  There's a thread on it on the first damn page man.

http://gtaforums.com...om-gamesmovies/

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

To be fair, it looks like this one was here first, that being said I didn't even see the more recent one till now.

Hyperglide
  • Hyperglide

Addicted to Synthahol

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

To be fair, it looks like this one was here first, that being said I didn't even see the more recent one till now.

Bah sh*t, my bad, didn't see the post date.  Seems like a weird necro though.

Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Bah sh*t, my bad, didn't see the post date.  Seems like a weird necro though.

Interesting how that one got more popular so suddenly. I guess it's named a bit better. Imma start posting stuff there then.

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

Born To Lose

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Massive soundtrack fan here.

My collection of about 450 score CDs covers films and TV from 1940 - 2003. I don't watch new films anymore, and with the deaths of John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith and Elmer Bernstein I've drawn a line under the acquisition of new scores.

Absolute favourites include many by Goldsmith, Morricone, Herrmann, and Barry. Also into more obscure stuff like Ron Grainer's The Omega Man and several Roy Budd titles. My favourite era is 1971 plus or minus 9 years. The age of the Echoplex and experimentation.

• Nutsack McQueen likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users