My problem with GTA V Story,

43 replies to this topic
AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Ok, so this isn't every other topic about how it was boring, I found it very interesting and entertaining, what I hated was the length, GTA IV took me 2 months to complete the first time through, second and third only took me 15 hours and every time I replayed it I had a lot of fun, The GTA V story has no replay value, I could go back and replay GTA IV right now and have a lot of fun, I think with 3 characters 69 missions is not a lot. They all seemed generic too, just like online. I love GTA:O but not for the missions. All in all its a good game but i think they neglected the main story a bit.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

there may be 3 characters but this is just one story, and length wise. it is as long if not longer in GTA IV. Dont let the actual number of missions fool you, the missions in GTA V were actually longer than they were in IV. Like 1 mission from V would be as long as about 3 missions in IV. Missions in V have multiple objectives. They just condensed the story because lets face it in IV it hat A LOT of repetition, drive here, kill goons, drive home. In GTA V, you never do the same thing twice. One mission you could be repelling down a building and in the next one you would be torturing some dude. 

Basically its the classic "Quality over Quantity" 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

No its not liar. They couldve made more missions and you know it. They overrushed it cause of online.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

The missions are definitely more detailed. In IV, you'd go to an open area and kill a bunch of dudes. In V, you'd go to a fully modelled interior, and move through the area with fully motion captured team mates. I'd rather go for the latter.

Also, maybe there are only 69 missions but let's not forget the "Strangers and Freaks" missions, which are similar to IV's missions - not very detailed and don't progress the story.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

Are you kidding me more detailed?? How is getting a mask and some cars a mission? That's less than GTA IV missions, so shut up.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

The missions are definitely more detailed. In IV, you'd go to an open area and kill a bunch of dudes. In V, you'd go to a fully modelled interior, and move through the area with fully motion captured team mates. I'd rather go for the latter.

Also, maybe there are only 69 missions but let's not forget the "Strangers and Freaks" missions, which are similar to IV's missions - not very detailed and don't progress the story.

What? Are you forgetting missions like "Late Checkout" and "Museum Piece"? One is a fully detailed hotel and the other is well a museum. I suppose "Final Interview" should be put in there also. That was in a fully detailed lawyer office.

Mr_Goldcard: That's easily my biggest gripe with GTA V's missions/story. The heist prep missions should all have been included in 1 mission for each respective heist instead of being split up into smaller ones. Most of them don't last aslong as some of GTA IV's minor missions. I wouldn't have cared if the tasks were all apart of a single mission as that would've been more justified, but because most of them are so brief that's 3 or 4 missions gone in a heartbeat.

Anyway I like the length of most of the missions, but the reduced mission count was a reaction to the ADD crowd that bitched and moaned about GTA IV's story dragging on too long so now we're dealt with less missions. Some of which are no better than the "Drive here, kill" missions people moan about in GTA IV.

I hope for GTA VI R* show the balls they had with GTA IV and make it their way instead of bending over and getting reamed like they did with GTA V.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

What? Are you forgetting missions like "Late Checkout" and "Museum Piece"? One is a fully detailed hotel and the other is well a museum. I suppose "Final Interview" should be put in there also. That was in a fully detailed lawyer office.

Mr_Goldcard: That's easily my biggest gripe with GTA V's missions/story. The heist prep missions should all have been included in 1 mission for each respective heist instead of being split up into smaller ones. Most of them don't last aslong as some of GTA IV's minor missions. I wouldn't have cared if the tasks were all apart of a single mission as that would've been more justified, but because most of them are so brief that's 3 or 4 missions gone in a heartbeat.

Anyway I like the length of most of the missions, but the reduced mission count was a reaction to the ADD crowd that bitched and moaned about GTA IV's story dragging on too long so now we're dealt with less missions. Some of which are no better than the "Drive here, kill" missions people moan about in GTA IV.

I hope for GTA VI R* show the balls they had with GTA IV and make it their way instead of bending over and getting reamed like they did with GTA V.

What he said. Most people that moaned and cried about GTA IV are not real fans anyway.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:25 AM

They had the balls to make GTA III, VC, and SA their own way too. I think V was made the way R* wanted; to attract as many people and garner as much money as possible.

• BenniMBXD likes this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

1.  THis game has more choices to make, and as such, that adds replayability.  

2.  This game's story missions are shorter because people whined that they couldn't finish IV because it was too long.  Blame the whiners not Rockstar. 

ahmadjufri2013
  • ahmadjufri2013

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm hoping for a Story DLC.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

V has more mission variety but splitting heists out so much was tedious, constantly driving to mission markers, I feel V had more variety than IV but still wasn't that great, clunky mechanics ruined it for me again.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

I think GTA IV's story has more "replay value" for two reasons.  For one, I find GTA IV to have a much better cast of characters than GTA V.  If I were to construct a list of my top ten (or even top twenty) GTA characters, I most likely won't have a single GTA V character on there.  However, I most certainly would have multiple GTA IV characters on there.  Secondly, the vast majority of missions don't even reward you.  When you do get a reward, it just feels like a gimmick.

*Second to last mission rolls by.*  "We didn't pay you sh*t in the previous missions.  So, we're just going to give you over 95% of your storyline pay in this single mission."

As far as rewards go, I like the Space Docker and that custom Blazer.  Otherwise, you doesn't seem like you get many special rewards.  There's no doubt that GTA V is technically superior to its predecessors, but I find that GTA SA still has the most replay value in the series.  That game gives you a cool vehicle or weapon for just about everything you do.  Getting all the gold medals in any of schools gives you three vehicles.  In GTA V, you don't even get a "pilot's license" for getting all the gold medals in the flight school.

I applaud R* for trying new things, but the execution of the game could have been slightly better.  Still, this is definitely one of the best games I've played on current generation consoles.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 12 November 2013 - 04:35 PM.

Seems I forgot about those missions. But again, GTAV has the motion capture which adds quite a lot.

I agree, it does suck that V didn't have as many missions. They pushed away the early introduction missions too quick. They develop an awesome lifestyle for Franklin (car repos for Simeon, gang wars with lamar) and just throw them out the window. Franklin should've kep his job, house and lifestyle, which could've made for an awesome set of sidemissions. But no, we're just working for the FIB the whole game with missions that weren't too memorable.

"Monkey Business" was definitely a brilliant mission, same with "I Fought The Law". Those two and the Prologue are my favourite missions in the game.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

There is one other thing though.  GTAIV did not have mission checkpoints, so if you failed a mission, you had to do the whole thing from scratch.  I'm quite sure you did not beat every mission on the first try.  GTAV did have checkpoints, so it makes it take less time to get through them.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I don't measure a game in quantity I measure them in quality ,and sorry to say 5 falls a little short.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM Edited by Official General, 12 November 2013 - 05:50 PM.

@ Lazyboy

Franklin should've kep his job, house and lifestyle, which could've made for an awesome set of sidemissions. But no, we're just working for the FIB the whole game with missions that weren't too memorable.

This was my main complaint about the main storyline. I will never understand what possessed Rockstar to believe that many of us would find this FIB and cop sh*t so interesting and exciting, when it was in fact just one big bore in the end. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

@ Lazyboy

Franklin should've kep his job, house and lifestyle, which could've made for an awesome set of sidemissions. But no, we're just working for the FIB the whole game with missions that weren't too memorable.

This was my main complaint about the main storyline. I will never understand what possessed Rockstar to believe that many of us would find this FIB and cop sh*t so interesting and exciting, when it was in fact just one big bore in the end. 

Is this you trying to speak for everyone again?...

You really are having a difficult time accepting the reality that you are part of the minority who feel this way, aren't you chief?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 12 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

@ Lazyboy

The story goes down hill pretty much after michael and trevor reunite. Its an O K story to me. but lacks too much of everything. hell im already over 5 and on to AC4

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

I didn't have any problem with the story in V.

For me working for feds wasn't a problem, I was already sick of being the lapdog for Drug cartels, Italian mobs and even Jews (Not being racist here)

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

For me working for feds wasn't a problem, I was already sick of being the lapdog for Drug cartels, Italian mobs and even Jews (Not being racist here)

This is a point I've tried making over and over again. I liked that we were given some new element of criminal enterprise to participate in. The gang stuff was getting a bit stale and cliché to be honest.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

This is a point I've tried making over and over again. I liked that we were given some new element of criminal enterprise to participate in. The gang stuff was getting a bit stale and cliché to be honest.

i understand that  people want change but rockstars last 3 major releases are LA Norie, MaxPayne, GTA 5 all games that the main story lines are police related. The last open world game i got done playing was Sleeping Dogs, which has a similar story line.  I for one did not want to go from one game to basically the same game. Which it felt like to me, which could also be why i got burnt out of GTA5 so fast.  GTA 5 too me wouldve been better if Madarzo was the main story line with the FIB/IAA crap being the major side story line. 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

I agree with you completely because there were soo many missions in GTA IV the story was long and very good

We also had various mission givers and compared to GTA V side characters they are f*cking awesome ... damm I don't even know what to say Mcreary Family, Pegorino, Dirty Cops, Russian Mob, Drugdealers like Playboy X or Elizabetha.... and the list goes on and now GTA V : Devin Weston, Steve Haines, that moviemaker forgot his name.. and thats almost it

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

and the corrupt goverment thing is not cliche?? wtf man please if you have to argue then at least do it right

Steve Haines was the most cliche corrupt goverment dude there was nothing memorable about him

and to @ Tenxax so being the lapdogs for Italian Mafia, Drug Cartels is boring but being the bitches of some corrupt FIB guys is somehow exciting??

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

@ Lazyboy

you speak the truth official general (again) its sad there are soo many crazy fanboys here who try to justifiy everything Rockstar does wrong ( like that guy in this thread who said working for gangsters is cliche but for corrupt goverment officials is exciting)

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by Official General, 12 November 2013 - 08:02 PM.

@ Lazyboy

Is this you trying to speak for everyone again?...

You really are having a difficult time accepting the reality that you are part of the minority who feel this way, aren't you chief?

I don't care bro, I'm gonna voice my opinions regardless. Your the last person on here whose opinions are would take very seriously. So please, stop wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise. 

You love the game's boring and uninteresting government stuff, whoopie for for you. Each day, you can clearly see the flurry of threads criticizing GTA V's story hard. This is just one of many. And not just on here, but I spoke to my cousin to day about GTA V and he don't even play it no more right now, he borrowed it to his brother. He too reckoned the story was weak in places. Ignorance is bliss, but it's all good if living in denial makes you happy, then you've achieved your nirvana. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Official General, 12 November 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Yeah, because when I last checked, the reason why the GTA series became popular in the first place, was because it was a game about working for cops and federal government agents :sarcasm:

@ niko bellic half brother

That Tenxax guy you quoted mentioned nothing about black gangs - yet you still chipped in with all that hate for gangs/hood stuff. And you wonder why people label you a racist ? You always moan and cry about being called one. You sure don't help yourself at all. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

GTA wasn't know for you working as the Errand boy of Crime factions or starting gang wars.

Its know for giving you the ability to have a damn Minigun pulled out of your ass or steal a Passenger jet and fly it like a jackass.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

The length is really the cause of most of my issues with the storyline. I don't want a gang-war sidequest, but more time spent with Franklin's gang and the reaction to his

Spoiler
would have been nice to see. It also would have been nicer to have more of a battle with the Lost with Trevor and
Spoiler

It's not like it's too short to be enjoyable, but using stuff like "Buy Masks" as a separate mission makes it likely that they didn't write enough material or cut too much material to keep the game at the length they were going for. 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

GTA wasn't know for you working as the Errand boy of Crime factions or starting gang wars.

Its know for giving you the ability to have a damn Minigun pulled out of your ass or steal a Passenger jet and fly it like a jackass.

Considering GTA - GTA 3 all were about doing errands for criminal factions, and a Minigun was not introduced until Vice City, and Passenger jets weren't introduced until San Andreas...

I would say GTA was known for doing errands for criminals and committing crimes more than whipping out miniguns and being crazy. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Official General, 12 November 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Considering GTA - GTA 3 all were about doing errands for criminal factions, and a Minigun was not introduced until Vice City, and Passenger jets weren't introduced until San Andreas...

I would say GTA was known for doing errands for criminals and committing crimes more than whipping out miniguns and being crazy. 

@ spamtackey

Good you put that dumba*s in his place. I couldn't even be bothered to respond to that joke of a statement he made, he clearly knows nothing about GTA if he can say such bullsh*t like that  :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users