Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are You Surprised By Rockstar's Incompetence?

61 replies to this topic
PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by PaulDPearl, 11 November 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Not surprised, but I'm disappointed that people have done for free what R* can't do with 250 Million Dollars.... 

Sure, lets compare GTA V to that.....LOOOOL 

yeah I know, that was actually much better than GTA:V will ever be... 

LOOL Oh you're actually serious LOOL no I cant LOOOL

I know it's hard for children like you to understand, but good graphics don't make a good game. Besides there's graphic updates to this, shown is the first generation of that game which still has over 40K people playing it. You won't see 40K people playing GTAO in five years.... Wanna break it down?

GTA:V   - 16 players

SA-MP  -  256 players

GTA:V  - Limited prperty - all properties are the same

SA-MP - Unlimited property (every property seen in the game, can be purchased in the game) - not unlimited, but every interior seen in the game can be used as an interior online.

GTA:V Jobs - are single mission events that happen once and that's it

SA-MP - included duties that had you doing things (such as running materials to be able to create guns - you then sell those guns to other players)

I could go on and on and on but there's no need. If you don't understand the point then that's your problem. Go back to bed in your R* pajamas with your R* sheets in yoru race car bed.

If you love it so much gtfo off GTA:O. Theres a reason SA-MP (whatever the f*ck that means) is a free game LOOOOOOL

Education time..

SA-MP is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Multiplayer mod (for PC only). The game isn't free, but the mod and servers are... the game might set you back $10 so be sure to ask mommy for enough before you go to the store. 

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

I love these know nothing botards, they make me laugh everyday.

I can see that real lifes guna whoop a lot you punk bitches asses.

R* has done good all things considered. Any of you hating on R* would be turned into fetal children crying in the corner if you were in their shoes.

So talk sh*t on a forum on the internet like the cowards you are, and the rest of us will enjoy the game and our lives much more than any of you colossal asshats.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Surprised that there were bugs and server/cloud issues? Not at all, it was to be expected. The amount of bugs/glitches did go beyond what I would have expected, but I still don't put R* down for it; they attempted something big, ambitious and outside of anything they've done before.

Outside of that, though, GTAO feels to me (re: my opinion) like R* came up with a lot of great ideas they just decided to throw up in the air all at the same time just to see how they would land. I know there are huge fans of both GTA and R* (and both have earned my respect as well) who will defend against any critisim of either the game or R* themselves. But you are blind if you ignore the fact that this game is in shambles, has been from day one, is far from any resemblance to a fleshed out or coherent game design, there is some issue with nearly every aspect of the game - from money to mission payouts to races to game mechanics to all points in between. In short, it's a damn train wreck. It doesn't matter if you enjoy the ride and the wreck along the way. A wreck it still remains.

Which would have been absolutely okay by me if they had advertised it as a test (which is absolutely what it is - and an alpha test at that). But they advertised it as a finished game and it clearly wasn't and isn't. That smells of, if not outright deceit, at least no respect for the gamers it was sold to. That surprises and annoys me.

• DaCosta likes this

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Not surprised, but I'm disappointed that people have done for free what R* can't do with 250 Million Dollars.... 

I know it's hard for children like you to understand, but good graphics don't make a good game. Besides there's graphic updates to this, shown is the first generation of that game which still has over 40K people playing it. You won't see 40K people playing GTAO in five years.... Wanna break it down?

SA-MP  -  256 players

SA-MP - Unlimited property (every property seen in the game, can be purchased in the game) - not unlimited, but every interior seen in the game can be used as an interior online.

SA-MP - included duties that had you doing things (such as running materials to be able to create guns - you then sell those guns to other players)

I could go on and on and on but there's no need. If you don't understand the point then that's your problem. Go back to bed in your R* pajamas with your R* sheets in yoru race car bed.

If you love it so much gtfo off GTA:O. Theres a reason SA-MP (whatever the f*ck that means) is a free game LOOOOOOL

Education time..

SA-MP is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Multiplayer mod (for PC only). The game isn't free, but the mod and servers are... the game might set you back $10 so be sure to ask mommy for enough before you go to the store. 

LOL The guy just told me to 'ask mommy', very telling of someones age that haha.

Any who why are you playing GTA:O if you have so many problems with it? You sound like you have more fun on that SA-MP.

Heres an easy solution for you, go play that instead ;)

BarryRiley
  • BarryRiley

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

For me personally, the game is a huge disappointment. It's an entire working, living, breathing, reacting, beautiful city with only a handful of very dull things to actually do in it in the way of missions and game modes. 

Why do people constantly say that those who complain should drop their sense of entitlement as its free anyway? How on earth is it free? I distinctly remember handing over money in the shop for this.

• PaulDPearl likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

He's comparing what a bunch of modders can do to what developers can do with money and a game THEY made.

That fact and the fact that you're too dumb to understand his argument are both very sad.

• PaulDPearl and rocky533 like this

PhatteeButtz
  • PhatteeButtz

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

BREAKING NEWS: People who've played the game too damn much are sick of it.

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

You're all gay shut up

PhatteeButtz
  • PhatteeButtz

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

He's comparing what a bunch of modders can do to what developers can do with money and a game THEY made.

That fact and the fact that you're too dumb to understand his argument are both very sad.

Who's the babe in your avatar pic?

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Rosie Jones. You don't know how many times I've been asked that lol. 

• PhatteeButtz likes this

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

You're all gay shut up

...que?

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

I love these know nothing botards, they make me laugh everyday.

I can see that real lifes guna whoop a lot you punk bitches asses.

R* has done good all things considered. Any of you hating on R* would be turned into fetal children crying in the corner if you were in their shoes.

So talk sh*t on a forum on the internet like the cowards you are, and the rest of us will enjoy the game and our lives much more than any of you colossal asshats.

If I was in their position I'd be doing exactly what they've been doing, taking our money and running hard and running far away.

robban
  • robban

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Come and read our cool ideas and come with your own at:

http://gtaforums.com...freemode/page-4

bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Come and read our cool ideas and come with your own at:

http://gtaforums.com...freemode/page-4

f*ck off promoting your own sh*tty thread in here

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

BREAKING NEWS: People who've played the game too damn much are sick of it.

Just for the record, I'm not sick of it (yet). Many of my friends are.... 

And yeah what hot-avatar said... I never said I didn't like GTAO I just said that GTAO should have been more like SA-MP seeing as it's so popular RIGHT NOW (45K playing a game that's 10 years old is pretty impressive - it takes some computer skillz to get SA-MP to work - imagine how many people would be playing if it were an off the shelf game...)  

A MMO type game that plays like a an action RP with real-time targeting/fighting (as opposed to turn-based fighting found in most MMOs) would be a game-changer.. could make billions for RockStar as it did for Blizzard. 

It's sad to see so much potential go to waste. I could list off about 100 things that they could change right now to improve the online experience but it will fall on deaf ears. 

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by Revoemag, 11 November 2013 - 07:04 PM.

The real thing that ruined this game was the generally horrible community of players...
Can't get passed that this is a new game and NOT GTA IV...and constantly comparing the pc version of GTA SA to the console version of V...
Those who play just to grief everyone else who's enjoying the game...
Those that glitches and hacked this game so hard after the first month of release not allowing R* to do their job of just maintaining the game but forces them to waste their time hunting down these problems..

If this game burns...then its the communities fault for breaking their new toy...
  • Munkeyhaus likes this

PhatteeButtz
  • PhatteeButtz

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Rosie Jones. You don't know how many times I've been asked that lol. 

Thanks mate! There's something eyecatching about that pic. Actually there's two eyecatching things about that pic.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

SAMP is ok but lacks peds and AI cops. Its a dead world

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

People are mad because they still hope it will become as good as they anticipated. But Rockstar are useless and that isn't happening.

tylerdaly3b
  • tylerdaly3b

Road Captain

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

SA-MP  -  256 players

Lol it obviously means San Andreas Multiplayer dude... 

And to the guy saying that SA-MP is so superior,  quit living in nostalgialand lol, it is a f*ckin awesome game but GTAO has potential to be around just as long if they can get a grip on it.  It's a little boring, and rocky right now but theyll smooth it out, even if it's not fully awesome til a couple months from now.  eventually they'll be reliable.  

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

And stop comparing GTA SA PC version against the limitations of a console game...

Compare GTA SA on ps2 to GTA V on ps3 and tell me that was a better game...

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

And stop comparing GTA SA PC version against the limitations of a console game...

There's no difference in the PC version and Console versions of GTA:SA. The only difference is the OS is locked down on the consoles, making modifications complicated (and not supported by the community). 

GTA:SA on PS2 had many more features than GTA:V - the world was bigger. The mini games were more functional (darts is the same...) Pool minigame was epic, btw.

comparisons aside, my POINT is that the FEATURES in the older game SHOULD HAVE (should be) included in this current game. 

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Seeing as how this is Rockstars first attempt at at something like this and they DID say they might have problems at launch... no, I'm not surprised.  I have the up most confidence that Rockstar WILL fix the problems eventually.

You're all gay shut up

No thank you, I'm too fabulous.

• theadmiral likes this

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

I'm more surprised this thread made it past the first page

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by rlr149, 12 November 2013 - 01:15 AM.

There's no difference in the PC version and Console versions of GTA:SA. The only difference is the OS is locked down on the consoles, making modifications complicated (and not supported by the community). 

GTA:SA on PS2 had many more features than GTA:V - the world was bigger. The mini games were more functional (darts is the same...) Pool minigame was epic, btw.

comparisons aside, my POINT is that the FEATURES in the older game SHOULD HAVE (should be) included in this current game. 

SA was the third iteration of the engine used in 3.

GTA 6 should be the one compared to SA.

if they don't switch to a new engine for it.

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

SA-MP  -  256 players

What an idiot.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

SA-MP  -  256 players

What an idiot.

Oh I forgot one important thing SA-MP had that GTAO needs... and that's a way of controlling MONEY HACKS......... you would get banned (automatically) in many servers if you attempted to hack money as it was an easy thing for the server to calculate how much money was generated by legit sources and how much money has been spent (and by whom). 

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

If you don't like it, go play Assassin's Creed 4000 or Kids of Duty 9,000,00 online.

I guess you think you're mature and sophisticated by playing Grand Theft Auto huh? Fun fact: GTA has more games than Assassins Creed, so that just makes you look stupid. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you don't like it, go play Assassin's Creed 4000 or Kids of Duty 9,000,00 online.

I guess you think you're mature and sophisticated by playing Grand Theft Auto huh? Fun fact: GTA has more games than Assassins Creed, so that just makes you look stupid. 

I think he was talking about yearly iterations. 

By all means, keep barking...

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm surprised people think R* are incompetent.  I think its a fantastic achievement on their part considering the age of the platforms running the game.

There are certainly problems but its only been out a few weeks and I'm sure in time these will be resolved.  Plus the future DLC's will just bring more to the game when they come out.

The way some people talk about them on this forum you'd think R* have been committing acts of genocide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users