Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are You Surprised By Rockstar's Incompetence?

61 replies to this topic
bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

their botched handling of the entire GTA:O saga and them sabotaging their own game by killing the community?

does any of this surprise you at all?

leeco
  • leeco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I am sick of the game. You can only go round blowing sh*t up in a tank before you get bored. There is nothing to do online.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I don't see what you mean.

GTA Online is alright right now, sure it's not perfect but I gotta say that we are the most ungrateful consumers ever.

We just need to be patient, money isn't magic. If it was then GTA: O would be complete and there won't be any glitches, ect.

• SuperSpartan747 and JackWren like this

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

All you've done is go on about how the game is dead. Just shut up why don't you.

leeco
  • leeco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

16 players on a map this size is poor but when you can only find 6 people its pathetic.

• RAS_ZeroZ and Gazolene like this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Entitled.
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.

So, except for the broad sword... where is the incompetence? 

What are we talking about, specifically? Cheating? Bugs? Aliens landing on Mars?

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Im surprised you still play a game you're not enjoying, you would think you'd move onto another game, but no....

Fascinating how some of your minds work.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

their botched handling of the entire GTA:O saga and them sabotaging their own game by killing the community?

does any of this surprise you at all?

Yes and no! :p

I'm not surprised that they had major server problems in the first month (especially the first two weeks.) It was a massive project. Even R* admitted issues were likely to happen and to be patient with them.

I'm also not surprised that they are holding back the content creators and heists for so long, because of the initial problems. I think that's sensible.

But I'm very surprised that the core mechanics are so crude and simple. There is no personalisation, no personal journey, no long-term goals, along with a bad introduction, an underwhelming first experience and a pointless (non-existent) story line. Also, every single component of the game has minor, easily correctable, flaws while the free-roam is fundamentally flawed (in my opinion) due to the constant white blips on the map and the fact that missions are voluntary.

I'm very surprised about all that! :p

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by PaulDPearl, 11 November 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Not surprised, but I'm disappointed that people have done for free what R* can't do with 250 Million Dollars.... 

• teh_g likes this

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Not surprised, but I'm disappointed that people have done for free what R* can't do with 250 Million Dollars.... 

Sure, lets compare GTA V to that.....LOOOOL 

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Oh here we go with the "I'm bored of GTA Online because I glitched through it all and found my way to rich misery" thread. If you'd paid attention to the Story you'd realize Michael expained not to get rich or you'd get miserable.
  • stonedpimpso likes this

bogey_j
  • bogey_j

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

All you've done is go on about how the game is dead. Just shut up why don't you.

you're a grown man into little ponies. shut the f*ck up.

• 727gta likes this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

yeah I know, that was actually much better than GTA:V will ever be... 

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

LOOL Oh you're actually serious LOOL no I cant LOOOL

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm ready to trade it in. I got the cars I want the legit way. I'm level 70 and just about everything is already unlocked. Matchmaking is broken. I can't even get put in a server with more than 4 people. We're a month into this thing and I have nothing else to work for. I can't play a race that isn't The Commute, Down the Drain, or Criminal Records. I can't even bang it out in free roam because there's only 3 other people in free roam and they're all just not interested in having a battle royale.
The only thing making me hold back is future content they may or may not release. They are so tight lipped about it I'm just not sure if it's worth my time waiting. The game had huge potential. Sad story.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I know it's hard for children like you to understand, but good graphics don't make a good game. Besides there's graphic updates to this, shown is the first generation of that game which still has over 40K people playing it. You won't see 40K people playing GTAO in five years.... Wanna break it down?

GTA:V   - 16 players

SA-MP  -  256 players

GTA:V  - Limited prperty - all properties are the same

SA-MP - Unlimited property (every property seen in the game, can be purchased in the game) - not unlimited, but every interior seen in the game can be used as an interior online.

GTA:V Jobs - are single mission events that happen once and that's it

SA-MP - included duties that had you doing things (such as running materials to be able to create guns - you then sell those guns to other players)

I could go on and on and on but there's no need. If you don't understand the point then that's your problem. Go back to bed in your R* pajamas with your R* sheets in yoru race car bed.

• infiniteammo and 727gta like this

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

you're a grown man into little ponies. shut the f*ck up.

I fail to see your point.

(I'm 17 btw)

Caveit77777
  • Caveit77777

Straight GTAV GOON

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm actually very surprised. I've never had an issue with R* in my life and I've always enjoyed their games. Everybody who is upset is a little broke immature teenager who probably spent 2 weeks of savings on this and are mad because the game isn't perfect right away. See, my parents taught me about this little thing called patience. You guys should try it out sometime. 

99% of the people hating on R* will never be able to code as well as them or go as far as them in their own careers. This isn't some Hello World project, this is 6 years of straight coding and graphic design. It's bound to have errors. Deal with it pussies

• Black Rabbit and teh_g like this

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

They had the right ideas but their execution was terrible. Perhaps it'll get better down the line but now everyones grinding the same few activities. The whole class system with money and rank was way to ambitious. If their was decent mission variety and rewards for doing missions it be a different story. But when the majority of your community thats not in free roam is just running laps around a prison that says something. Ive got nascar games i can play online if i just want to race in a circle all day.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

If you don't like it, go play Assassin's Creed 4000 or Kids of Duty 9,000,00 online.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I love these people pushing for patience. I don't spend my money for something that doesn't work. If you're cool with paying money for something that's not working the way it should, good luck to you. I don't have 4 months to wait around to see what this game is going to be like. It either does it for me or it doesn't. This game did it for me for the first couple weeks and then it got old fast. Matchmaking is a huge problem. If I join a friends invite only session and we host a race or do a mission it NEVER puts me back into his invite only session. Why would I want to waste another minute trying to have him send me another invite and join him? Also the fact that I've been in a handful of servers that are 60% empty is a joke. Inviting skill matched players doesn't work. The list goes on and on and on. I've never purchased a game with this many problems. Ever.
  • rnb010 likes this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

I love these people pushing for patience. I don't spend my money for something that doesn't work. If you're cool with paying money for something that's not working the way it should, good luck to you. I don't have 4 months to wait around to see what this game is going to be like. It either does it for me or it doesn't. This game did it for me for the first couple weeks and then it got old fast. Matchmaking is a huge problem. If I join a friends invite only session and we host a race or do a mission it NEVER puts me back into his invite only session. Why would I want to waste another minute trying to have him send me another invite and join him? Also the fact that I've been in a handful of servers that are 60% empty is a joke. Inviting skill matched players doesn't work. The list goes on and on and on. I've never purchased a game with this many problems. Ever.

Yeah one thing they could do with minimal coding to improve the expurince is add a server browser. Even better, would be making the browser divide the servers up regionally (I know, who would have ever thought of that?!). Instead of randomly joining random sessions and allowing auto-match making to do your work, just add a browser (similar to EA and Butterfield). 

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

I didn't glitch and guess what? The game is still really boring and has NOTHING on any other game. I don't even think it'll get any better either. Most people have got sick of waiting around for rockstar, and moved to other games. The only thing that bugs me is, is the way they hyped it up to be the best game of our time. Yeah right... I find my self driving up and down the same road too lazy to turn my console off. It's a huge disappointment and a YOU Know it.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Lol you guys hate the game because you simply don't understand it.

Saying your bored because all you can do is drive around in tank and blow stuff up is a lie.

Gta v is meant to be a role play game. I can't shut this game off I'm having so much fun and I haven't even touched a tank.

What I hear is. I'm getting bored blowing stuff so I'm. Going to iv or cod to blow stuff up....
  • PhatteeButtz likes this

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

common sense

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

Don't you guys have friends?  When I play with friends online we have the best time we have had playing a game in long time.

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm very disappointed in Rockstar, although I am enjoying GTA Online. For a game titled Grand Theft Auto, they sure have tried to tame their fans. Awarding bad sport points for destroying personal vehicles has proved to be a huge problem with the game. I don't understand why they didn't just charge the perpetrator and have the insurance process the replacement automatically. The lack of official communication is the worst aspect though.

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Don't you guys have friends?  When I play with friends online we have the best time we have had playing a game in long time.

Been in bad sports for a total of 4 weeks. How can I play with friends? And don't embarrass yourself by telling me to stop blowing up personal cars. I blew up two tanks to receive my 16 days bad sports.

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

I know it's hard for children like you to understand, but good graphics don't make a good game. Besides there's graphic updates to this, shown is the first generation of that game which still has over 40K people playing it. You won't see 40K people playing GTAO in five years.... Wanna break it down?

GTA:V   - 16 players

SA-MP  -  256 players

GTA:V  - Limited prperty - all properties are the same

SA-MP - Unlimited property (every property seen in the game, can be purchased in the game) - not unlimited, but every interior seen in the game can be used as an interior online.

GTA:V Jobs - are single mission events that happen once and that's it

SA-MP - included duties that had you doing things (such as running materials to be able to create guns - you then sell those guns to other players)

I could go on and on and on but there's no need. If you don't understand the point then that's your problem. Go back to bed in your R* pajamas with your R* sheets in yoru race car bed.

If you love it so much gtfo off GTA:O. Theres a reason SA-MP (whatever the f*ck that means) is a free game LOOOOOOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users