Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Use of Cash Packs: Cheating or Not?

46 replies to this topic

Poll: Cheating: You're Perspective (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you feel buying cash packs is a form of cheating?

1. Yes it is cheating (40 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. No it is not cheating (64 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SaintsRowDaBest
  • SaintsRowDaBest

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Let's all have a community vote to see how the community view this as a whole.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

10 votes so far for it's cheating. I'm not a fan of the practice but I haven't seen a good argument why it isn't 100% legit. It is, after all, R* endorsed.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

10 votes so far for it's cheating. I'm not a fan of the practice but I haven't seen a good argument why it isn't 100% legit. It is, after all, R* endorsed.

Because you can have lets say 1 million dollars and be a level one. How is that really fair? Cash cards don't belong in this game. Its the same as glitching but I give more respect to those that glitch cause they don't give Rockstar more money for this broken product we play. 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

I'd say no, but it really depends upon how much of an advantage it can give someone. If a few cash packs make it so they someone can easily overtake the other people they play with then it's pretty much paying to win, which I would consider cheating. However, if it's balanced out enough and doesn't give too much of an advantage I don't see why it would be cheating. Either way, Rockstar is offering it and as long as it doesn't effect me I don't care. Let people pay to not play the game they bought. 

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

Its not cheating if its available to anyone who participates. Its just an edge they choose to take.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Since its offered by R* then its not cheating. Exploiting and glitching IS cheating.

And there is already an active thread on this topic:

http://gtaforums.com...-of-cash-cards/

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

its not cheating... i can be level 1 with all the money i can buy but guess what?

i still have to play the game, to level up and unlock stuff... 

money cards are not a real game changer. selling RP/Rank Ups could be a game changer, money is not.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Because you can have lets say 1 million dollars and be a level one. How is that really fair? Cash cards don't belong in this game. Its the same as glitching but I give more respect to those that glitch cause they don't give Rockstar more money for this broken product we play. 

It is fair! Its fair to the people who don't have enough time to sit their playing for hours just to get 50k

• spongebob83 and Bizdaddy like this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

Since its offered by R* then its not cheating. Exploiting and glitching IS cheating.
And there is already an active thread on this topic:
http://gtaforums.com...-of-cash-cards/

Even though they produce the same results.
It's a stupid system.
You are cheating yourself.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

It is fair! Its fair to the people who don't have enough time to sit their playing for hours just to get 50k

Just like with Battlefield 3. When people can buy the shortcut and have everything unlocked it ruins it for people who do it legit. If you can't spend the time getting the money then you shouldn't get it. 

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

No not cheating. The money only gets really usefull after having a high level. It may give you an advantage for a lil while, but thats why you pay for it. It's not for cheaters, but for people looking for a easy way out or people who don't have as much time to play and grind or do alot of missions as much as other people do.

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I think cash packs are stupid, but $1,000,000 at level 1 isn't going to do much for you since weapon/vehicle mods, as well as customisation options are all pretty much locked until you advance levels.

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

It may not be cheating but it certainly is lame.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

It's not cheating to pay for it. To glitch/exploit a mission is cheating.

Why is this even being discussed? This seems like cold-light-of-day logic to me. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

That green text is hard to read but I'll tell you right now life isn't fair and it's not an argument for it not being legit.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Only difference between cash card kids and glitchers is that R profits off one.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

Only difference between cash card kids and glitchers is that R profits off one.

Lol rockstar profits from both.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Where's there "I don't give a f__k, you can't buy anything good anyways" option?

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Hustler

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Funny how R* itself parody the modern use of DLC ("buy more DLC, it makes you a better marksman") and cash packs ("Level up even faster!". Purchase upgrades so you can destroy those with more skill and less money than you - just like in real life), but at the end they do the same thing. Ok, MAYBE they are less greedy than other company, but that's not an excuse.

I think cash packs is a way to cheat, because you're gaining an illegal boost that you CAN'T have in a normal game. On the contrary, the use of glitches and bugs isn't totally acceptable, but it's not technically cheating since you're just using a tool that is ALREADY in the game (and open to everyone).

Kushedout510
  • Kushedout510

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Not cheating at all. Some people would rather work at a real job earning real money instead of working in a virtual world earning fake money. The ones complaining are probably kids with no real income.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Cash cards and glitching are both cheating. They usually drive crome adders or entitys and drive by backwards so they can't get shot and set infinite amounts of 9k bounties. If my crew sees one of these guys we try to blow them up, spawn trap and repeatedly spawn kill them and make sure we kill them fast enough before they can leave.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Cash cards and glitching are cheating. They usually drive crome adders or entitys and drive by backwards so they can't get shot and set infinite amounts of 9k bounties. If my crew sees one of these guys we try to blow them up, spawn trap and repeatedly spawn kill them and make sure we kill them fast enough before they can leave.

I get the rage against glitchers, but doing all that messed up stuff to someone just because they have a nice car? Or because they bought a cash card? Wtf is your problem? Bad parenting?

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

What's the difference between entering a cheat code to receive fictional ingame money to advance your gameplay and pay real money to receive fictional ingame money to advance your gameplay?

Non other than you actually pay or you don't pay to cheat. It's quite obvious whether it's for the purpose of game progression or just for pure fun, and whether you like cheating or not, a cheat is a cheat. Those Nej-voters are delusional.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

I just used one of my PSN gift cards to buy one and I am only using it to put bounties on people's heads after they attack me or steal my car. I would never actually pay for one but I figure this is a good use.

• jmack3d likes this

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Not cheating at all. Some people would rather work at a real job earning real money instead of working in a virtual world earning fake money. The ones complaining are probably kids with no real income.

Oh lawd Jesus This!

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

Some may think it's not fair.. But it's certainly not cheating.. The cash packs are there for you to buy to help you get ahead in the game.. Cheating usually involves exploiting a glitch in the game.. Cash packs are not glitches, therefore not cheating..

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

like i said in a earlier post... cash card mean sh*t when things get unlocked by ranking up...

i can be level 1 and have $20million in my account and i would still have to play, to level up so i can unlock the guns, car mods, etc etc etc...

END OF THREAD

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Those that can afford it will say it's not cheating. Those that can't will say it is.

• Massive Roy likes this

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

What's the difference between entering a cheat code to receive fictional ingame money to advance your gameplay and pay real money to receive fictional ingame money to advance your gameplay?

Non other than you actually pay or you don't pay to cheat. It's quite obvious whether it's for the purpose of game progression or just for pure fun, and whether you like cheating or not, a cheat is a cheat. Those Nej-voters are delusional.

Cheating definition: to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something.

Buying a cash card is not breaking a rule since its a legal option put in the game by the games maker. Your logic is simply wrong. And howabout not calling anyone delusional because they have a different opinion than you.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

If glitching money is cheating, then so are Cash cards, Same concept, different methods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users