Photo

Car Mods Necessary ?

11 replies to this topic
CoyoteX69
  • CoyoteX69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hi.. Is spending $$ on car mods worth it? I ask because I never seem to have the same car more than a short while. I either am losing it or it gets crashed up or something.
I am always just stealing a new one so is mods wasted money?
I am new to GTA so please excuse..

Thanks!

pridefc
  • pridefc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

depends on the person . i like modding cars actually but it does not make the game any better ....  if you spent money on it you want it back from the police pound 

drjonkoe
  • drjonkoe

GTA veteran

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hi.. Is spending $$ on car mods worth it? I ask because I never seem to have the same car more than a short while. I either am losing it or it gets crashed up or something.
I am always just stealing a new one so is mods wasted money?
I am new to GTA so please excuse..

Thanks!

No..spending your money on mods is not necessary. As for races, freemode or missions, they might come in handy sometimes, but I would not say you really need them. In some cases it just makes life a bit eassier when your car is faster, stronger or with bulletproof tires. 

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'd say it's worth it on Michael's Tailgater, Trevor's Bodhi, and Franklin's Buffalo and Bagger. Maybe Tracey's Issi and Amanda's Sentinel (Think it's a sentinel), as all of those cars belong to the characters and will never disappear. They're also pretty reliable, too.

• WBaker likes this

CoyoteX69
  • CoyoteX69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'd say it's worth it on Michael's Tailgater, Trevor's Bodhi, and Franklin's Buffalo and Bagger. Maybe Tracey's Issi and Amanda's Sentinel (Think it's a sentinel), as all of those cars belong to the characters and will never disappear. They're also pretty reliable, too.

When you say "don't disappear" , what exactly happens? You mean no matter how badly it's destroyed or abandoned it will always appear back at my safe house?
I just started playing this past weekend so I don't have a lot of time in the game yet...

CiviX
  • CiviX

Snitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

When you have the money, you can buy the LScustoms garage near Trevors airport. Altho you can only buy it with Franklin. When you do, all car upgrades with him are free of charge.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

It's def worth it in MP for SP it depends on what you want but i would say def mod all of Michael, Franklin & Trevors cars.. But as you start getting into the game more and more, You'll find more and more cars you'll want to keep and you'll want to mod them but don't forget that if you don't park them in your garages you'll loose them and all the mods

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

For your type? No. For me? Yes, because I keep the cars I use that I like.

Wasting money on upgrading a cars performance? It is a waste because there is no real difference what you do.

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

ur a moron for even asking this question OP, might want to try a bicycle instead

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

ur a moron for even asking this question OP, might want to try a bicycle instead

And you're an asshole saying that.

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

ur also an asshole and immature for pointing that out ^^

Therealvilla
  • Therealvilla

mass murderer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

ur also an asshole and immature for pointing that out ^^

You seem like a chode or a Troll or possibly a troll with a chode. Dude's new and is on a forum asking a simple question.

Like everyone else said - definitely worth modding the character's original cars because they won't get lost. Never towed - always go back to the save houses. It's definitely not worth it to mod cars you won't keep unless you're rolling in the dough and need something to spend money on. Some people say not to buy anything(no garages no modded cars, NOTHING) until the end so you can make optimum $$$ at the end, but what fun is that? Modding car's is sweet. But be careful taking your cars on missions unless it's the character's default car because you'll lose 'em(if you start a mission and they say "drive my car" - boom non-default cars impounded if you're lucky otherwise it's just gone) and you'll have to pay to get them out of impound.

I personally modded all the default cars to the max early BC they won't get lost and the characters will roll up in them during missions so it's nice having bulletproof cars with performance mods. But Franklin has a few maxed out car's for races - an offroad truck, dirtbike, and street car for the street races. I went ahead and got the garages early because 2 car just isn't enough.

• streetx1xracer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users