Photo

Questions with gta vc iphone/ipad version

6 replies to this topic
Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Seems the game only takes about 1.1gb of disk space according to the 'Usage'. It's a little bit smaller than the disk pc version, but the texture is much better. So why it's smaller? Maybe the audio quality is downgraded? Like go from 256k to 192k or 128k or the format of audio files are changed to mp3? So weird. I know the chatterbox of 10th anniversary gta 3 is compressed at 96k 32khz, but does the samething happen to other stations? Thanks

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Are you sure you want to know it :D?

I haven't looked into VC mobile files, but they may simply be better compressed. GTA3 mobile uses mp3 files as radio instead of heavy WAVEs. VC used always mp3 (renamed to adf),

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

Are you sure you want to know it :D?

I haven't looked into VC mobile files, but they may simply be better compressed. GTA3 mobile uses mp3 files as radio instead of heavy WAVEs. VC used always mp3 (renamed to adf),

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Sorry i quoted your post... My first time posting a topic, i don't know how to quote someone's reply... And thanks for replying my post :-) So the vc radios can be played by wmp by changing the adf to mp3? Wow that's great! I remember gta2 uses wav for radios, but the file is less dense than 256k mp3 at a low sound quality (such as head radio which weighs around 30mb at 24 minutes long), so gta3's wav is at the same quality, or it is improved? And... The gta sa pc has 1.1gb of radio content, does the ps2 uses lower quality soundtrack like gta3 do? What about lcs and vcs? I heard there are some audio differences between versions too. Thanks again

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Nono, you can't rename ADF to MP3. ADF is like a modified MP3. If you are interested for technical details, visit http://www.gtamoddin...x.php?title=ADF . If you want to listen VC radio in WMP, search for a "ADF to MP3 converter" or download an already converted file from YT.

I can't reply to your question GTA2 vs 3 radio quality, but I am sure GTA3 quality can't be worse than 2. Either equal or better.

I haven't heard SA PS2 radio. But I think it's on a similar quality level as the PC version.

If you are more interested about radios in GTA, I suggest you dig around GTWiki. Did you know that Flash FM in VC PS2 features a song by Lionel Richie, which was removed from the PC version? And the mobile version comes with less songs than PC version?

Cherokee3
  • Cherokee3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Nono, you can't rename ADF to MP3. ADF is like a modified MP3. If you are interested for technical details, visit http://www.gtamoddin...x.php?title=ADF . If you want to listen VC radio in WMP, search for a "ADF to MP3 converter" or download an already converted file from YT.

I can't reply to your question GTA2 vs 3 radio quality, but I am sure GTA3 quality can't be worse than 2. Either equal or better.

I haven't heard SA PS2 radio. But I think it's on a similar quality level as the PC version.

If you are more interested about radios in GTA, I suggest you dig around GTWiki. Did you know that Flash FM in VC PS2 features a song by Lionel Richie, which was removed from the PC version? And the mobile version comes with less songs than PC version?

Thanks a lot!  :cookie:  :^:

I know the cut song in Flash FM, but I didn't realize there is more. Can you tell me the differences?

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Seems the game only takes about 1.1gb of disk space according to the 'Usage'. It's a little bit smaller than the disk pc version, but the texture is much better. So why it's smaller? Maybe the audio quality is downgraded? Like go from 256k to 192k or 128k or the format of audio files are changed to mp3? So weird. I know the chatterbox of 10th anniversary gta 3 is compressed at 96k 32khz, but does the samething happen to other stations? Thanks

It's probably due to audio compression. A lot of audio files are encoded in WAV on the PC version. The graphics on the mobile versions are not improved a lot. Only vehicles and particle effects are improved (same as Xbox version), everything else is the same.

The gta sa pc has 1.1gb of radio content, does the ps2 uses lower quality soundtrack like gta3 do?

What about lcs and vcs? I heard there are some audio differences between versions too. Thanks again

I don't know about audio, but the PC version has higher quality textures which contribute to the file size of the game.

It's possible. I know for a fact that both games are direct PSP ports for the PS2 (I had a look at the files), so the graphics haven't been improved at all for the PS2 version (except for resolution).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users