Quantcast

» «
Photo

the AI dresses the protagonists totally RIDICULOUS!

51 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

You create the outfits.
When you're changing clothes when it says "outfit updated". Or something.

lol that's not what it means.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

Well, I always seem to get the outfits I put together at the wardrobe at an earlier point.

There is even a list of outfits that are the ones that are randomly assigned when switching.

But if you put together a bad one theres no way to remove it from the list.

BGModder
  • BGModder

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

You create the outfits.
When you're changing clothes when it says "outfit updated". Or something.

lol that's not what it means.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

Well, I always seem to get the outfits I put together at the wardrobe at an earlier point.

There is even a list of outfits that are the ones that are randomly assigned when switching.

But if you put together a bad one theres no way to remove it from the list.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

I USED TO READ WORD-UP MAGAZINE

• Ermac likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

^^^ reported.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

Dressing video game characters is like playing with dolls. But they say f*ck and drink and go to strip clubs, so you know it's for adults!

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Sleeping dogs has a better wardrobe system, actually giving us the option to save and load self created outfits. However, I sticked to the clothes the protagonists got from day one. The ai mixes them alright.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

I don't like the fact that I can't dress my guys the way I want them to look, unless you can do that at your safehouse. I was trying to get Mikey with no shirt, shorts, and barefoot so that it would look more realistic while swimming...who the hell goes swimming wearing dress shoes and a suit and tie? lol

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by FromBrnoCity, 12 November 2013 - 08:06 AM.

Pre-order cancelled.

Looks like you still have it pre-order, whoa bravo. *joke don't take it so serious just saying*

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

Most of the time when I switch I'm lucky they're still in the clothes I left them in. Haven't had any issues with them looking like idiots. Unless I make them do so.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't like the fact that I can't dress my guys the way I want them to look, unless you can do that at your safehouse. I was trying to get Mikey with no shirt, shorts, and barefoot so that it would look more realistic while swimming...who the hell goes swimming wearing dress shoes and a suit and tie? lol

Have you even played the game.
The game teaches you about wardrobes, and yes they are at your home with all clothes you have bought or earned.

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Dressing video game characters is like playing with dolls. But they say f*ck and drink and go to strip clubs, so you know it's for adults!

You sissy, and what do you consider controlling some virtual figurine driving cars? It's like kindergarten kids playing with their little matchbox cars. playing getting chased by the cops. the whole TREVOR figurine is just a personification of a kindergarten kid behaviour.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

I don't have any interest in buying clothes or playing dressup in a videogame.

There's a "mission" where you have to buy a $10,000 suit that you don't actually use, a "mission" where you have to buy masks that don't actually protect your identity in any way, and a "mission" where you have to "dress nicely" in order to be allowed to move on. there are probably others that I'm forgetting.

So I finally cave in and buy clothes/change outfits, then eventually switch characters, and when I switch back the clothes have been changed back to something that looks stupid.

It's a forced shopping/douchebag simulator, and it's retarded. They removed/ignored so many fun features from their other games, but then force this kind of bullsh*t on you... the game sucks in sooo many ways.  It's seriously a prank/in-your-face joke being played on the consumers.

Oh you mean like you never had to buy certain clothes in previous GTA's to proceed on a mission. 

ahmadjufri2013
  • ahmadjufri2013

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Simple solution:

JUST CHANGE IT BACK TO WHATEVER THE f*ck U WANT IT TO WEAR

• StarFyer and Cameron like this

Fuller10
  • Fuller10

*$#* $*** *%#$*** $%**!!!!&#

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

thing is bar Trevor you're usually at home so can get instantly changed when you switch characters. I've bought pretty much every bit of clothing for Franklin, he needs to look ballin' all the time IMO, so I spend a lot of time customizing my characters.

So many people asked for more character customization before the game release now people are moaning about tattoo's and clothes, it's ridiculous. 

Some people expect to be given a real world GTA where you're options are limitless and you can do whatever you imagine it's a joke. It's a game, not real life grow up!!!

Sick of people much older than me moaning like little children, grow a pair of balls if you don't like changing clothes don't moan about clothes getting changed automatically FFS

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by bicycles?, 12 November 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Oh you mean like you never had to buy certain clothes in previous GTA's to proceed on a mission. 

I've never completed a gta game before this one. I usually have zero interest in missions, especially heavily scripted/restrictive ones. I only completed this one because I [mistakenly] thought it would open up more activities for freeplay.

GTA games used to be fun enough/full of enough actual fun activities that you could just freeplay them.  Those fun activities have been removed/dumbed way down and replaced with cosmetic/visual chores, and it's bullsh*t.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Trevor seems to get changed much less than others. I imagine that, if he were real, he'd smell like a f*cking foot. 

But seriously, just don't care. I like the fact that they change clothes and it's often entertaining to see the sh*t they throw together. 

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yea, I'm thoroughly annoyed by what Franklin chooses to wear when I'm not around.  

Fuller10
  • Fuller10

*$#* $*** *%#$*** $%**!!!!&#

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yea, I'm thoroughly annoyed by what Franklin chooses to wear when I'm not around.  

I have to agree that sometimes he does annoy me with the choice of clothes. Often he'll be wearing some god awful shorts and a vest that's dripping in sweat. I much prefer him in jeans, hoody/jacket and cap, earnings and shades

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I liked the ability to change your clothes instantly via a pause menu in L.A. Noire -- it would be nice if you could do something similar in GTAV because it's annoying as f*ck going through the trouble of buying clothes, only to have your character dress in something different when you switch back to them. 

The act of going back to your house, walking all the way into the closet, and going through all the long tedious animations for changing your clothes doesn't seem worth the effort, so i've just given up on trying to dress any of the characters.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I don't know what game you all have been playing, but they always dress nice and matched up when I switch, especially Franklin. This is a feature I've been wanting for since SA, I always had to change the clothes myself, but now I don't. I also noticed they dress appropriate to what they are doing when you switch, like Michael in shorts and shirtless at the beach or Trevor in nice clean clothes talking to a girl.

..and Franklin in that ugly tank top / basketball short combo.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Most of the time when I switch I'm lucky they're still in the clothes I left them in. Haven't had any issues with them looking like idiots. Unless I make them do so.

Same. I manually save with the phone (I have auto-save off), which is why they still wear the clothes I left them in. Autosaving the game, then reloading it apparently changes your characters look and location. Manual save does not.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

I don't have a single player with how the AI dresses the protagonists, sometimes it something random you've bought for them or its the clothes you been wearing for a couple of days. It depends on what they're doing too.

Michael will always be wearing suits or his mix of casual clothing, the suits mostly consist of a different colour coat and sunglasses.

Trevor doesn't seem to change too much, even if they're doing something they'll be on the same clothes you left them on, except on special occasions.

Franklin seems to be mostly going sporty or casual, as I usually see him with a tank-top and sweat pants.

I don't usually complaint, I just go to a safehouse and change their clothing or just let them be.

TheGTAone
  • TheGTAone

Piβwasser Founder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by TheGTAone, 13 November 2013 - 02:39 AM.

clothing2.jpg

Or just...

bra-black-open-cup-498938.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users