Photo

Money-Glitching is a Conspiracy

43 replies to this topic
BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

If Rockstar wanted, money-glitching would have been gone long ago.

Think about that.

Tacoburgher327
  • Tacoburgher327

Dr. Toboggan

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

There were issues of characters not saving and people losing cars/ money/ weapons. They fixed those issues before addressing the money and RP glitches...

Think about that...

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I still can't load a session without losing all 20 of my rockets.

• DDBX337 likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Or Rockstar have more pressing things to worry about than money glitches, they already have a strategy to handle the glitches worked out and will implement when ready.

We both can't be right... ;)

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by BurningBalls, 11 November 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Or Rockstar have more pressing things to worry about than money glitches, they already have a strategy to handle the glitches worked out and will implement when ready.

They've had more than a month to fix it. Yet all the glitches are still working.

It's not exactly difficult, all they have to do is make the game save when you get the money from a car sale.

Instead, you sell a car, get the money... then wait 10-15 seconds for some pointless cut scene to end, then end up on the road, then the game is saved.

It makes no sense at all, even in single player it was annoying to have to wait so long to leave LSC.

What other online game does that? Gives you a big chunk of money from an item sale, then waits 10-15 seconds before saving, plenty of time for you to exit and come back, so that you get the money and keep the item?

If they had an open beta for a week, like most other games do, then all these problems (not to mention connection failure issues and saving issues) could have been patched on release. But they chose not to do that, and as a result there are countless game-breaking bugs, so that even a few days after release most people could not even play.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Raylion, 11 November 2013 - 03:19 PM.

They've had more than a month to fix it. Yet all the glitches are still working.

It's not exactly difficult, all they have to do is make the game save when you get the money from a car sale.

Instead, you sell a car, get the money... then wait 10-15 seconds for some pointless cut scene to end, then end up on the road, then the game is saved.

It makes no sense at all, even in single player it was annoying to have to wait so long to leave LSC.

What other online game does that? Gives you a big chunk of money from an item sale, then waits 10-15 seconds before saving, plenty of time for you to exit and come back, so that you get the money and keep the item?

If they had an open beta for a week, like most other games do, then all these problems (not to mention connection failure issues and saving issues) could have been patched on release. But they chose not to do that, and as a result there are countless game-breaking bugs, so that even a few days after release most people could not even play.

I can't claim to have any knowledge of how easy or hard it is to close these bugs but I would definitely consider people losing their characters or having serious network issues to be a more pressing problem then some people abusing the system for personal gain. 

As you say, there are countless game breaking bugs...R* decides what order they should be tackled in...not you or I.

The people who have glitched huge amounts of money can be tracked and dealt with if and when R* choose to do so.  I don't believe R* will do nothing about this as it is in direct conflict with their desire to sell virtual dollars for real money.

How and when they choose to act on these matters is a decision for them but its currently sending a very poor message to legitimate players who wish to use R*'s services and I'm sure R* will want to rectify this.

Taking action against those that have abused the system will, in all likelihood, be on R* list of things to do.  In what shape, form or severity I can only guess at.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I can't claim to have any knowledge of how easy or hard it is to close these bugs but I would definitely consider people losing their characters or having serious network issues to be a more pressing problem then some people abusing the system for personal gain. 

As you say, there are countless game breaking bugs...R* decides what order they should be tackled in...not you or I.

The people who have glitched huge amounts of money can be tracked and dealt with if and when R* choose to do so.  I don't believe R* will do nothing about this as it is in direct conflict with their desire to sell virtual dollars for real money.

How and when they choose to act on these matters is a decision for them but its currently sending a very poor message to legitimate players who wish to use R*'s services and I'm sure R* will want to rectify this.

Taking action against those that have abused the system will be on R* list of things to do.  In what shape, form or severity I can only guess at.

It's too late anyway.

After a month, most gamers move on to other games.

As you said, it is VERY easy to see who glitched. It would probably take 5 minutes to do a database search for those who sold multiple cars in less than a 48-minute time span, which is supposed to be the time limit before you can sell another one.

They could have sorted this all out a week after release. Yet it has been a month, and no glitchers have been banned. Not a single one. Hell, even the glitches themselves have not been patched.

Being banned now is meaningless, and just look at GTA 4's online to see what punishment the HACKERS (not glitchers but actual hackers) got. Nothing.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

i am kewlstrem an i am 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Taking action against those that have abused the system will be on R* list of things to do.  In what shape, form or severity I can only guess at.

It's too late anyway.

As you said, it is VERY easy to see who glitched. It would probably take 5 minutes to do a database search for those who sold multiple cars in less than a 48-minute time span, which is supposed to be the time limit before you can sell another one.

They could have sorted this all out a week after release. Yet it has been a month, and no glitchers have been banned. Not a single one. Hell, even the glitches themselves have not been patched.

Being banned now is meaningless, and just look at GTA 4's online to see what punishment the HACKERS (not glitchers but actual hackers) got. Nothing.

Who cares, I'd take having fun for a few weeks over grinding sh*tty missions every single day for a month just to be able to finally afford the Adder.

• joeyboxodonuts and BurningBalls like this

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Who cares, I'd take having fun for a few weeks over grinding sh*tty missions every single day for a month just to be able to finally afford the Adder.

Don't get the Adder though. In terms of supercars the Entity is superior in every practical way.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

i am kewlstrem an i am 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Don't get the Adder though. In terms of supercars the Entity is superior in every practical way.

Got both, the Adder is sweet for going offroad though.

But still, the point being, I'd rather have a blast for a few weeks over being bored for a longer stretch of time.

• BurningBalls likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Raylion, 11 November 2013 - 03:56 PM.

It's too late anyway.

I can't comment about the GTA 4's hacking problems as I really don't know anything about it.

But I agree current problems have been going on for too long and am surprised that this glitch hasn't been closed sooner.  With that said, future DLC releases should keep breathing new life into the game and I would be amazed if this problem will still exist once the DLC cycle begins.

I don't think players should necessarily be banned but a clear message from R* is needed if they are serious about selling virtual dollars.  However, no message in many ways just as loud as a statement on their website and the continued silence from R* on this issue is certainly curious.

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

R* is in working for the smoking man

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Stability first.

And by the looks, they didn`t do sh*t: I never had stuck phone, now I do. More bugs with contacts not answering, requesting relogs, more lobby splits, more problems with missions connects .. etc. ASSUMING they will patch them, that is.

I think we still have a bit to wait for the anti-cheat measures, if any are planned.

• Raylion likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Here is my logic behind why there aren't going to be any bans, resets, or cheaters pools (except for hackers which is entirely different than glitchers):

They always intended to sell cash cards. The gitching theoretically cuts into cash card sales ASSUMING those who glitch would have ever bought them. Despite the save and cloud issues I have to believe if they were that concerned with glitching they would have had resources allocated to putting a stop to that ASAP; not in lieu of fixing server issues, but it conjunction with.

My theory (and it's just speculation) is that they may symbolically come down on the most egregious offenders, but honestly, their lack of action speaks volumes.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:02 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Here is my logic behind why there aren't going to be any bans, resets, or cheaters pools (except for hackers which is entirely different than glitchers):

They always intended to sell cash cards. The gitching theoretically cuts into cash card sales ASSUMING those who glitch would have ever bought them. Despite the save and cloud issues I have to believe if they were that concerned with glitching they would have had resources allocated to putting a stop to that ASAP; not in lieu of fixing server issues, but it conjunction with.

My theory (and it's just speculation) is that they may symbolically come down on the most egregious offenders, but honestly, their lack of action speaks volumes.

Stop being right! Now glitchers will put gigantic holes in my arguments! :p

"We won`t get a baaan, we won`t get a baaan, neener neener neener!" :p

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Think about that.

Pretty sure that wouldn't qualify as a conspiracy, even if it turned to be the case. More like laziness and/or not caring...but seeing as how they're pushing cash cards I'm pretty sure they're not thrilled about LSC glitching. Whether they'll ban anyone over it or not remains to be seen, but my guess is they'll only go after the most vocal/notable offenders and not care about the other 99% of people who glitched.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

I do wonder at times just how wide spread the glitching issue is.  Its hard to determine from forums such as these as the most vocal don't always represent the views of the silent majority.

Might even be possible that the scale of glitching isn't significant enough for R* to even worry about yet.

Who knows, I'm just guessing like we all are about whats going on.  Thought I might as well give the speculation pot another stir! ;)

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I do wonder at times just how wide spread the glitching issue is.  Its hard to determine from forums such as these as the most vocal don't always represent the views of the silent majority.

Might even be possible that the scale of glitching isn't significant enough for R* to even worry about yet.

Who knows, I'm just guessing like we all are about whats going on.  Thought I might as well give the speculation pot another stir! ;)

I concur. I've been in 20 servers where conversation among those with mics was "I don't know how to glitch...someone tell me how to glitch...." for every one that I've been in where it was clear glitching was happening.

You have to remember, a large portion of the playerbase has to have their mommies buy the game for them. They live in a world where everything is handed to them. To do the glitch you have to look up the method and then follow directions....most of them can't wipe their asses without a diagram.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

I worded that badly. I meant 99% of the glitchers, wasn't implying that 99% of people glitched.

From what I've seen it's probably about 10-15% of people playing who glich/ed.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 05:13 PM.

I worded that badly. I meant 99% of the glitchers, wasn't implying that 99% of people glitched.

I haven`t glitched a second. I have access to jdice`s 2 bils though, so I COULD get money from there. I will be seen as a glitcher, if I`d decide to troll everybody with a chrome Adder. Thing is, he received those as a gift and shared some with me.

Problem is.. a stranger will never know and being the paranoiac f*cktards that most are, will automatically assume I`m a glitcher. TO THE FORUUUMS!!!!

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I don't see why peoples think that.

It's not that simple. They have a lot of money but it cannot just make a new patch appear in a second.

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 11 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.

I haven`t glitched a second. I have access to jdice`s 2 bils though, so I COULD get money from there. I will be seen as a glitcher, if I`d decide to troll everybody with a chrome Adder. Thing is, he received those as a gift and shared some with me.

Problem is.. a stranger will never know and being the paranoiac f*cktards that most are, will automatically assume I`m a glitcher. TO THE FORUUUMS!!!!

I don't assume anyone who drives a supercar to be a glitcher, but I've seen plenty of people go in and out of LSC dozens of times in a row, and I can only think of one reason why they'd be doing that. (not gonna lie, I'm one of those assholes who snipes people when they come out of the LSC garage...it's just too fun to resist doing :p )

BTW, I don't mind LSC glitchers, it's the tow truck glitchers that annoy me.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 05:22 PM.

I don't assume anyone who drives a supercar to be a glitcher, but I've seen plenty of people go in and out of LSC dozens of times in a row, and I can only think of one reason why they'd be doing that. (not gonna lie, I'm one of those assholes who snipes people when they come out of the LSC garage...it's just too fun to resist doing :p )

Nice story time: I end up with Jdice on a server, which had one more guy from one of his crews. That guy promptly decides to collect my 5000 bounty with C4. He does it. jdice votes kick, the guy assumes I did and votes for me.

Funny thing, no? Never doubt people`s stupidity and paranoia. Just look at the threads about people automatically assuming any rank above 80 is a cheater and kicking / voting.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't think anyone is going to accuse you of glitching based on what you drive, sir. You're garage is the epitome of taste, and unlike my obsession with a certain color, your mods choices are understated.

Remember when we first started doing races? There is a reason I never used the Adder. Because sadly, people associate it with glitching. It wasn't until I was away from the screen and it was picked as default that you saw that car.

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Nice story time: I end up with Jdice on a server, which had one more guy from one of his crews. That guy promptly decides to collect my 5000 bounty with C4. He does it. jdice votes kick, the guy assumes I did and votes for me.

Funny thing, no? Never doubt people`s stupidity and paranoia. Just look at the threads about people automatically assuming any rank above 80 is a cheater and kicking / voting.

Same ass that blew me up when I was about to gift a car to a level 6. That crew is a band of assholes. They just wanted me in for my tank. Thanks for reminding me I need to dump their asses.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Think about that.

I think the coding is more than we believe, and theyre trying to eliminate several major things at once. Sure, others may follow, however, money glitch wise, i think theyre analyzing all possible forms they can think off. Maybe that glitch shows a more major coding error than we all know, and now they see.
  • WBaker likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

I don't think anyone is going to accuse you of glitching based on what you drive, sir. You're garage is the epitome of taste, and unlike my obsession with a certain color, your mods choices are understated.

Remember when we first started doing races? There is a reason I never used the Adder. Because sadly, people associate it with glitching. It wasn't until I was away from the screen and it was picked as default that you saw that car.

Yes, but if all they would see would be a chrome Adder, without having seen my garage, chances are I`ll be classed as a "glitcher" :) Key word - chrome, since I am banking on hasty generalization and not logic thought :)

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

All Rockstar had to do was make a statement about cheating on their website and any punishments and they havent even done that. Instead we got a "possibility" of a cheaters pool in the comments section of their website. The PR department dosent work on fixing bugs.

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

While the lifespan of many games is only a month or two I think rockstar is aiming for gta online to be a constant revenue stream for them. If rockstar is going to work on gta online for the long haul they will have an interest in protecting the integrity of the product by dealing with the glitchers once the network issues are stabilized. Ultimately the potential for new players joining down the road goes way down if the game develops a bad reputation.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

LOL, how is that any different from glitching?

Those money "gifts" are from people actually hacking the game code, which is a big step up from glitching.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users