Photo

Platinum Awards

9 replies to this topic
erbalist
  • erbalist

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Anyone have any advice towards what 30 to go for? I was hoping i would pick them up naturally on the way to rank 100 but i'm 81 now and only have about 15 awards.

I don't really play Deathmatches so it's tough as i am not going to naturally get any of the weapon ones or the kills and headshots.

Anyone come up with a list of easyish ones to go for not including those?

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Anyone have any advice towards what 30 to go for? I was hoping i would pick them up naturally on the way to rank 100 but i'm 81 now and only have about 15 awards.

I don't really play Deathmatches so it's tough as i am not going to naturally get any of the weapon ones or the kills and headshots.

interesting, im level 86 now and have 26 and havent really gone for them besides naturally, go to your stats, awards page from the start menu and check what you need, thats the best advice i suppose, im now only starting to do that, some are stupid and impossible like hold a world record as those are glitched but there are some easy ones.

Dead Silence
  • Dead Silence

I don't know?

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

I have obtained over 30 awards now, here are a few that are easy/you can grind out/ get a friend to help you with:

- Road Rage, kill at least 3 people in a GTA race and win. I played with 1 friend and just shot rockets at him over and over. He didn't know I was going for the award so I still had to try and win.

- Granny, Colour all targets in a target grind match at the shooting range. Invite a friend and ask them not to shoot.

- Nick of Time, Deploy your parachute below 100 feet and survive. Go to the airport and hover a chopper just above the height of one of the buildings. Jump out and Parachute to safety. 25 will get you platinum.

- Clear out, complete 5 gang hideouts in one session.

- Lapping it up. Get 25 lap dances, Go into the strip club and buy a private dance. Touch the dancer and then end the dance. You can then start another. Just do that over and over. Takes about 10 minutes for Platinum.

- Hairy Encounters, 25 Haircuts. Just go to the barbers and buy 25 cheap haircuts in a row. 

- Snappy Dresser, wear 25 different outfits.

Like stated above you can press start --> stats --> awards, to look for all of the requirements.

erbalist
  • erbalist

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Good tips guys thanks. I think the reason i haven;t got many is because i am primarily a racer so most of mine are from that category.

Haircut and clothes are 2 i hadn't thought off, the parachute seems a little long winded just becaus eof getting back in the chopper again but i guess if i get to the point of needing a couple it's one to consider.

I guess really what i was asking is are there 30 fairly easy ones to get without playing deathmatches

The annoying thing i find about that stat requirement is that it doesn't always tell you how many you'll need for platinum, like if your going for gold it will only tell you how many you have left to hit gold. And the ones where it is win all types or play all types etc it doesn't tell you what your missing. Side note on that i haven't had the trophy for enjoying all LS has too offer, i think what i might be missing is a hooker. Can i just invite the stripclup dancer to my apartment or do i need to find a street walker? And where would i find a street walker?

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

"Stay on Target" is pretty easy - 25 total parachute landings on target. Just host Terminal Velocity by yourself and repeat until you're done. Shouldn't take more than half an hour.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Good tips guys thanks. I think the reason i haven;t got many is because i am primarily a racer so most of mine are from that category.

Haircut and clothes are 2 i hadn't thought off, the parachute seems a little long winded just becaus eof getting back in the chopper again but i guess if i get to the point of needing a couple it's one to consider.

I guess really what i was asking is are there 30 fairly easy ones to get without playing deathmatches

The annoying thing i find about that stat requirement is that it doesn't always tell you how many you'll need for platinum, like if your going for gold it will only tell you how many you have left to hit gold. And the ones where it is win all types or play all types etc it doesn't tell you what your missing. Side note on that i haven't had the trophy for enjoying all LS has too offer, i think what i might be missing is a hooker. Can i just invite the stripclup dancer to my apartment or do i need to find a street walker? And where would i find a street walker?

You gotta find one, the stripper doesn't count. I'd say look around Franklins starting neighborhood. 

Jokerzreality
  • Jokerzreality

Sublime Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

interesting, im level 86 now and have 26 and havent really gone for them besides naturally, go to your stats, awards page from the start menu and check what you need, thats the best advice i suppose, im now only starting to do that, some are stupid and impossible like hold a world record as those are glitched but there are some easy ones.

How is holding a World record glitched exactly? I am really curious to know, because i have achieved the platinum Award for holding a world record somehow. It was in one of the very first races i did when i started out and i didn't do any glitching to do it. Now however, they seem impossible to achieve.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

How is holding a World record glitched exactly? I am really curious to know, because i have achieved the platinum Award for holding a world record somehow. It was in one of the very first races i did when i started out and i didn't do any glitching to do it. Now however, they seem impossible to achieve.

Many of the world records are obviously cheated, maybe they get pruned every now and again but still there were some 10 second lap times for minute long races. However it's also possible for the servers to glitch out and start awarding world records for literally any laptime.

davemorgan09
  • davemorgan09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

The world record one is glitched.

What happened to me is that i did a race and got the fastest lap the same day we had cloud server issues.

It told me i broke the world record in my sultan....

Pretty hard to do with all the Carbo, Comet and Feltzers in races.

Thats how i got mine anyway hope this helps :)

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Example: to hold a criminal records world record you have to do a lap in under a second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users