Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why Option C can not work. (MAJOR SPOILERS!)

39 replies to this topic
Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

But the whole game you run along and play ball to satisfy Haines & Weston.

If Mike & Trevor are really so pissed and dislike them, why they don't kill'em right away?

For Michael, doing what Haines wanted was a way to ensure the FIB get off their back, and while Weston was a bit of a dick, he did introduce Mike to Solomon.  It's only in the aftermath of the Meltdown affair that Weston becomes a real threat.

For Trevor, doing the FIB's dirty work was one way to try and get Brad out of prision.  By the time he finds out that Brad is dead, he is finished doing anything for Haines and Norton.  Weston was supposed to be a payday for Trevor.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

It's disappointing how many people point out these "logic flaws" ("Why didn't they just do this?") without even paying attention to the story.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:21 AM Edited by Flexx, 14 November 2013 - 03:35 AM.

The only option that makes sense is C. Seems like R* added the other two "options" late in development just so they can throw that "different endings" crap on there.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

C was the only option that made sense to me. Especially so soon after Tanisha goading Franklin into helping Lamar out of loyalty, it was inconceivable to me that Franklin would be enough of an asshole to turn on Michael or Trevor.  I managed to be unspoiled so when I chose C I did not know if Franklin would live or not. I expected one character would die no matter what so I was pleasantly surprised that a "happy" ending was even offered.

I only have one playthrough saved with C chosen, so I experienced A and B via replay, just to get gold on them. I suppose other players might feel differently.

If you figure that you win at a video game by having the most powers and abilities and options at the end, then C is the winning choice in GTAV (and by the same rule Revenge is the winning choice in GTAIV).  C delivers more gameplay than A or B, and you have more post-story gameplay options with all three characters alive.

Ellie Hunt
  • Ellie Hunt

Sonofa Gun

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

All I can think of for the endings is that, A - You become Haines' little bitch, B - You end up turning into Weston's bitch, and C - You make everyone your bitch.

The problem is that when you choose C, you can't help but think that Franklin is a backstabbing A-hole [STRIKED OUT TEXT MAY LEAD TO SPOILER!] because you burn Trevor alive or you end up murdering Mikey. But when you choose option B - Kill Michael, Trevor doesn't want to get involved, which makes him the better person because for Trevor, friendship and loyalty is suddenly something he cares about. But when you go to 'Kill Trevor' option, Micheal is hesitant to jump on the bandwagon but does it anyway. C was by far the best ending for me

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

dude... I just got on to season 5 of breaking bad, not cool, not cool at all brah 

Hey you little sissies, where did I exactly spoil anything from BB? I say it's dramatic. the series was dramatic right from the start you no-nut-bullsh*tters.

on topic:

sure a story has to be developed and I can agree on Michael trying the approach to play along until Haines gets off his back.

But Trevor, it's about Trevor. He wouldn't go all along trusting them feds when he despises them and can't even trust Michael.

And in the end, they just kill 'em anyway, Merrywhether, the feds, Weston, the chinks, stretch, everybody. So in the end they ain't scared to kill'em all, why earlier? The risk is the same.

also you got to consider that these white supremacists shoot Steve Gomez and Hank dead, Walter kills himself with the M60 and is hated by his son. Jesse survives, so do Gretchen and Ellitot. Todd gets strangled by Pinkman. The nazis die by Walt's m60, just like himself.

• kasheku likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

A and B simply don't fit the theme. They are like making an ending in IV where Niko takes down both Pegorino and Rascalov, ties them up in a boat and burns them alive like a viking funeral, while Niko walks away with a cigar and wearing sunglasses with Kate and Roman.
"What are we gonna do now, Niko?" Roman asks
"You know what, Roman? I'm feeling like playing some bowling." says Niko, while they all laugh and the boat with Peg and Dim randomly explodes and '80s music plays in the background.

Then the GTA IV logo.

Credits roll.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by darkdayz, 12 November 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Everyone with some brain cells left would pick Option C. Who really wants to get rid of a playable character you build up with skills, clothes, cars and followed the story? 

But Option C makes the whole game obsolete. Everything you did after the jewelry heist was mainly for Devin Weston and Steve Haines.

Wei Cheng and Stretch are just cannon fodder. 

But the whole game you run along and play ball to satisfy Haines & Weston.

If Mike & Trevor are really so pissed and dislike them, why they don't kill'em right away?

Trevor kills lots of people without remorse, criminals, peds and feds.

He could just pop Haines & Weston right away.

This Mike-Trev-Frank-conspiracy against Haines & Weston could have started right away.

But no. 

The end has to be dramatic like in Breaking Bad, with either Mike or Trevor dying.

Option C is an utopia of an ending.

Hollywood Happy end.

And?

Some people prefer to choose C, Rockstar, Dan Houser specifically have said are all about giving the gamer the directors chair. They did exactly that throughout with these important plot decisions and multiple character switching at important points during action sequences. I for one chose C because

Spoiler

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Here's the story of GTA V.  Three mass murderers rob people and get away with it.  The story has to be that dumb or there would be no shooting, stealing or driving wrecklessly.  It's silly to complain about the plot in such a game.

GTA V has some snappy dialogue and better characters than previous games in the series but it does little to elevate gaming from it's status as absolutely the dumbest form of entertainment.  Don't get me wrong the game is totally bitchin but let's not kid ourselves.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

OPTION B: dumbest ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users