Photo

Morality of cash cards?

38 replies to this topic
jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Just curious, now that you can buy them, what's everyone's opinion on cash cards? Do you feel its fair? Or do you look down on players who buy them?

Pay to win options are becoming more and more frequent in newer online games. I think they're a good option for players like me who work a lot of hours and don't have a lot of time to save $ doing missions ect..

Thoughts on pay to win inclusions in games?

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

If people choose to waste their real money on cash cards, then it's their call. I've done it in the past with some other games. It's all about being impatient. Everything anyone would ever want on GTAO can be acquired by patients, and collecting money. There's no need for anyone to buy these cashcards, as everything (via time) is avaliable to everyone.

The only reason purchases would be wise, is if there were certain items you couldn't buy with mere cash. Lets say for arguments sake that Rockstar released batches of Gold Bars which could be purchased (lets say £5 for 50 Bars of Gold). They'd then make specific items or vehicles in game only purchasable via Gold. People who buy the Gold Bars get access to these specific, sometimes unique items. Everyone else goes without. From a business point of view, this would make sense, and would encourage players to buy more into the game.

As it stands (and with the 500k package) I'm sitting on 700k and I have all the vehicles I really want. I'm only level #61 too, and that's been through casual playing.

• WBaker likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

You would have to be plain stupid to spend money on GTA:O currency.. if one of my friends did.. I don't think we could hang out anymore lol

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, Hooves07 and SubtlyAgressive like this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by tresshold, 11 November 2013 - 11:46 AM.

I think 17,- euro for 1.500.000 R* dollars is just crazy and you can't even buy a tank or annihilator..

and then you can't sell those vehicles either.

they should of sold houses or mansion with helipad or guns shortcuts or extra car mods.(that I would buy)

but not money, that just stinks

and they made the glitching far to easy.....

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Morality?...dont get it...well to the topic.
Cash cards are not necessary for the time being, atleast we get a good stable online experience and importantly how the economy of the GTAO works for future updates.
I still have no idea how the entire online world of GTA compares to the vision seen and talked about by rockstar.
I am not saying good or bad but rockstar should focus on missions, rules of the game and increasing the appeal rather introducing new elements week after week with bugs still showing their ugly face at times.
What were they thinking all these years is a big mystery to me, they are working on GTAO as if starting from scratch, unfinished.
For the moment if the players take the time to explore, engage in missions and carry out various tasks there's no need for cash cards, atleast if it doesn't become a necessity.
They should put up more rewarding and exciting missions over easy money mechanism in game.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

I think they should bother more with fixing the sound and things like frame rate.

and the spawn system online is sh*t, you get killed before you spawn sometimes.

its even worse on deathmatch.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

From a business stand point I can understand the benefit of selling cash cards.  My experience gaming online has led me to conclude that most younger players get more joy from winning than playing.  People endlessly boosting in Call Of Duty was evidence of that.  They'd be happy to sit in their basement for hours simply pressing a win button  I couldn't care less if such people are ripped off.

The problem with it though is that it undermines other players' efforts to progress the old fashioned way.

At the end of the day though it's just a game and playing GTA Online is boring to me.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Used to get the occasional money for cash things for a game called Omerta, but these prices are just ridiculous for what you get..

Some may be happy with it, that's cool, but i think if they want more money then they have to get the field level and clean the sh*t up, then we'll talk. I'm not paying more for a buggy, empty experience anymore than i already have.

Xh0sa_NightMare
  • Xh0sa_NightMare

Youtuber :D

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

No point, someone sent me $1,000,000,000 the other day, so if the game is modded why pay?

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Lmao

Why pay for cash cards if you can contact hackers to give you any amount you want for free?

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Cash cards are more fairer than glitching. And since nearly everyone playing GTAO is glitching I think morality (and cash cards) are dead in the water.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Why can't I get that lucky :(

I think the whole thing is fuc*ed. The clutching and hacking really screwed up the whole online game in my opinion.

I can imagine if there were no glitches or hacks and no one was able to cheat their way to millions, and everyone was only able to get what they earned from missions ect... The game would be much better for me at least. I like competition, it'd be fun to only see one or two adders or entity's driving around. Now it seems everyone has the best cars and apartments and everything else.

R* screwed up big time by letting it happen. Either should of tested more to make sure there were no $ exploits or better yet, ban everyone who abused the system. Its gotta piss them off now that they're trying to sell cash cards, they would of sold many many more had no one been able to cheat their way to millions and crash the economy

/end rant

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

The way I see it is:

It's pointless to buy the cash cards if you intend to play the game's many missions/game modes. 

It's pointless to even play if you're just going to buy the cash cards and side step any missions that could potentially be fun to play. 

So, basically, if you're not going to play the game, why bother even turning the game on? If you want to throw real money away just so you can LOOK like you've been playing the game, you might as well just not have the game at all. 

If you're playing the game fairly but need cash quick for something in particular, I don't see any issues with having the cards. Other than that, I don't really see the point of them. Sure, it's maybe a little bit cynical on R*'s part to have a cash-cow in game, as they know that there are guaranteed sales attached. But really, those servers, whether they're accessible or not, don't pay for themselves, so there has to be a way to fund the continuing online mode beyond the initial sales. And before anyone says BUT THEY MADE A BILLION DOLLARS...

Yeah, sure they did. Do you not think they have staff and production costs to cover? Bonuses for a job well done? Marketing fees? Money isn't f*cking endless. Oh that it were. 

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

You would have to be plain stupid to spend money on GTA:O currency.. if one of my friends did.. I don't think we could hang out anymore lol

You're a class friend ;) haha

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by fish61324, 11 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

If people choose to waste their real money on cash cards, then it's their call. I've done it in the past with some other games. It's all about being impatient. Everything anyone would ever want on GTAO can be acquired by patients, and collecting money. There's no need for anyone to buy these cashcards, as everything (via time) is avaliable to everyone.

It may take patience... but there is a line.  what if someone is working and has kids and only has maybe 8-10 hours a week to play video games? Actually I just described my brother-in-law (so there are people out there who do exist like that).  But like you said, patience.... but should people really have to wait 1-2 years in order to unlock/buy some thing in a game, that would take someone else maybe 1 month to unlock/buy because they have more time on their hands. And now that person that plays only 8-10 hours per week has to play online for 1 year against some one else who has better weapons/vehicles/upgrades. Does that sound like fun to you?  That is who the cash cards are for.

Will people who play 40 hours a week buy cash cards? Yes..... those are the idiots.  I will never buy anything remotely related to "cash cards" in any video game.  I can usually fit in around 20-25 hours per week of video games.

So again, yes... it all boils down to patience... but there is a line

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

When THQ closed did they infiltrate R* and take it over? I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror with any respect if I wasted real money on fake money. It seems maybe R* had a plan for online all along...to milk the suckers of the gaming community. Cha-ching muthf*ckas

• HoleInTheSky likes this

SubtlyAgressive
  • SubtlyAgressive

Camper

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

GTAO has fallen short of my expectations for what online play should be like - which is a topic for another discussion.  I already bought the Collector's Edition which I'm regretting very much.  There's no way R* is getting any more of my hard earned cash.

You want to talk about morality?  How about something better than special cars (that you can't sell or give to other players - i.e. crew members, friends, et al) for people that bought the Special and/or Collector's Edition?  Or maybe that's asking too much.

• gtarelatedusername2 likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

I've grown weary of complaining about matters such as these. As vocal as we are in objecting, too many people keep buying and/or making excuses. At this point, I think I'm ready to let them offer a Pay-To-Win features for both Single and Multiplayer. While a lot of us hate it, there seem to be way too many gamers who are willing to buy anything and want to be ripped off. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

I personally couldn't give a damn, and nobody else should give a damn. I don't care if someone is wasting their money for virtual money -- even if the variety of purchasable things suck -- I don't care if it is or isn't fair.

If you're going to berate those who purchase these money packs, then get a life. Sames goes for if you really feel insulted that it isn't "fair". :yawn:

The game isn't fair to begin with. Who cares? Just worry about yourself. I agree with the OP, some people don't have time to earn $8k an hour and waste time just to get their characters set, et cetera. Online is about having fun, it shouldn't be all money this or money that to begin with because it just isn't worth it in the end. I have 3 of my favorite cars, the $331k apartment with what I feel is the best view, and some good weapons. So? Who cares about money, I want fun.

If you feel these cash cards insult you, then maybe you should just stop gaming, because you're taking gaming way too seriously. H-how would players buying money even affect you? I don't see the problem.
  • carisstr likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Who needs cash cards when you got money glitches?

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I was actually thinking last night that the endless money exploits in this game actually may help R* sell these cash cards in the long run. There are many people like me who refuse to glitch so might be tempted to buy in game cash just to have some of the nicer things in the game that the glitchers have. i personally wouldnt as i want to feel anything i have got in any game has been earned by actually playing but im sure many would.

In my opinion, before these cash cards were introduced R* should have patched the glitches and reset EVERYBODY. Sure a few people would be pissed off but the people like me who love the game would still play and be happy and of course the option of quick advancement would be avaliable via the cards.

Oh...and glitchers are SCRUBS ;)

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 11 November 2013 - 08:45 PM.

i couldnt care less about cash card...

i dont think its pay-to-win because unlike other games, i can still get the same item wether i use ingame cash or buy cash card.

you can have all the money in the world and you would still need to level up to unlock stuff, so.

i'd be pissed if R* sell RP, now thats a game changer.

Enterprise
  • Enterprise

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

dont care about cash cards if u can duplicate non insured cars or even franklins buffalo and make 120k every hour

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

I was actually thinking last night that the endless money exploits in this game actually may help R* sell these cash cards in the long run. There are many people like me who refuse to glitch so might be tempted to buy in game cash just to have some of the nicer things in the game that the glitchers have. i personally wouldnt as i want to feel anything i have got in any game has been earned by actually playing but im sure many would.

In my opinion, before these cash cards were introduced R* should have patched the glitches and reset EVERYBODY. Sure a few people would be pissed off but the people like me who love the game would still play and be happy and of course the option of quick advancement would be avaliable via the cards.

Dude I completely agree. The glitchers and exploiters literally killed the in game economy. There's no joy now in finally saving enough cash for a supercar or nice apartment, because so many D-bags who cheated already have them. That's just my opinion fwiw. I'm pretty competitve and when online first hit I wanted the supercars and awesome apartments to be a trophy for a dedicated player. Now we got people running around with millions who put almost no work in for it.

Infuriates me that R* has done nothing to punish these players. No ban, no reset, no warnings, Nothing...

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

i couldnt care less about cash card...

i dont think its pay-to-win because unlike other games, i can still get the same item wether i use ingame cash or buy cash card.

you can have all the money in the world and you would still need to level up to unlock stuff, so.

i'd be pissed if R* sell RP, now thats a game changer.

Hmm... Didn't think about that. Selling RP would actually be a good way for R* to get some more income. Since I'm assuming their cash card sales probably are not selling like they could of since so many glitchers/exploiters have millions and are giving away millions daily.

Honestly, I would buy RP/rank if possible. I work around 60 hours a week so I dont have a ton of time to rank up. Would be a way for people who can put forth the cash to negate the lack of playing time they don't have. And if players can cheat their way to everything in the game except RP/ranking up, then I should be able to use my hard earned money to have an advantage that was obtained in an honest manner.

Just my 2 ¢

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

I would never pay for them out of my own pocket but I have about forty in PS3 network gift cards I won at a game at the shore and I can't figure out what to use it on. I am debating but I would never actually put out money.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Dude I completely agree. The glitchers and exploiters literally killed the in game economy. There's no joy now in finally saving enough cash for a supercar or nice apartment, because so many D-bags who cheated already have them. That's just my opinion fwiw. I'm pretty competitve and when online first hit I wanted the supercars and awesome apartments to be a trophy for a dedicated player. Now we got people running around with millions who put almost no work in for it.

Infuriates me that R* has done nothing to punish these players. No ban, no reset, no warnings, Nothing...

I still find fun in saving for the nice things and working towards in-game goals tbh. What other people have has never bothered me. I actually feel sorry for the people that glitched there way to endless money as they have no interest in normal play and in most cases no skill whatsoever, I recently deleted my character for a couple reasons ( mainly to change looks ) and im enjoying just working towards that Richards majestic Apt and some cars again. Actually ran into a couple of glitchers in their Adders when i hit level four who decided it would be fun to try and grief me while i was in my stock Felon. Knew i wasnt going to outrun them so led them to a nice spot and proceded to go 7-0 and 3-0 on both them while armed with a pistol. Those Scrubs raged HARD ahaha

Glitching fake money really does not make many players any better.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just curious, now that you can buy them, what's everyone's opinion on cash cards? Do you feel its fair? Or do you look down on players who buy them?
Pay to win options are becoming more and more frequent in newer online games. I think they're a good option for players like me who work a lot of hours and don't have a lot of time to save $ doing missions ect..
Thoughts on pay to win inclusions in games?

I hate the entire micro transaction system. Not just in GTA.
It's now mainstream. Alot of developers will follow suit and they'll even give payers better stuff that can't be earned through normal play.

It's a horrible system that will eventually force gamers out of what they love doing. Gaming.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

who is so f*ckin stupid to buy it when u can glitch it?!

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

It doesn't bother me at all, nor does it effect me. It's their money, why should I care what other people spend it on? But me personally, I'll never buy in-game money with real money. I'd rather work on it the hard way or get it the other easy way (LSC glitch.)

And besides, there isn't really much to buy in online anyways. :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users