Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why Are Some Players So Butthurt About...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic
BloodRedSpark
  • BloodRedSpark

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by BloodRedSpark, 11 November 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Why are some players so butthurt about anybody who doesn't play like them? "Legit" players post themselves on the highest pedestal, while riding a very high horse. Glitchers brag nonstop, and claim legit players are jealous of their money, and both sides are basically dicks.

Why does it even matter? You're never going to see the person more than once, unless you send them a friend request or something.

Is it the fact that people can't stand people who are different from the "norm" or just from them, or are people just out of things to cry about?
  • SOHC_VTEC, Funkwalrus, Miss Malevolent and 3 others like this

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

bro story cool.

• BuyMeTheMoon and Laveerre like this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

i dont brag.... no need to its virtual cash i just like playing with friends and bad sport has hindered me thats my only gripe :(

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

Cause people in general are Ignorant dicks, Imposing their will on others. Do it my way or your wrong, dont like it leave. Stuff like that. Plus its a message board the only place you can register your disgust and where your opinion might matter to someone.

• WBaker, Funkwalrus, Miss Malevolent and 1 other like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

i dont brag

i even upgrade peoples cars if they havent insured them yet

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Were you born yesturday? Or, have you been living under a rock on a mountain away from civilization your entire life?

If not, why are you asking these questions?

People are people and will always have different opinions, likes, and dislikes. This thread is pointless.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Why are some players so butthurt about anybody who doesn't play like them? "Legit" players post themselves on the highest pedestal, while riding a very high horse. Glitchers brag nonstop, and claim legit players are jealous of their money, and both sides are basically dicks.

Why does it even matter? You're never going to see the person more than once, unless you send them a friend request or something.

Is it the fact that people can't stand people who are different from the "norm" or just from them, or are people just out of things to cry about?

I just don't like how glitchers and hackers boast like they actually earned something. 

• MoeBeerz likes this

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

I just don't like how glitchers and hackers boast like they actually earned something. 

I want you to look at me when we make love and not just at my balls.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

This always bothered me as well, fruitcakes has got nothing better to do then complain about other "play style" seems like some nosey mofos. Chill the f*ck out and enjoy the game like everyone else and start posting some legit/ informative threads!

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

I dont like how non glitches boast about how they did it legit as if it makes them better.

a guy grinds 24 hours and buys an adder legit. the only person who cares that he did that is himself. no one else really gives a crap.

a guy glitches 1 hour and buys an adder again the only person that cares is himself no one else gives a crap.

a guy works 1 hour in real life and buys a cash card. the only person who cares is really himself (maybe his wife whos pissed they didnt go out that night cause he bought a cash card instead.) still point stands no one else gives a crap.

really it all boils down to people want others to envy them. for whatever reason its part of the monkey still in us that alpha mentality and everyone at their core desires to be envied and have people go wow cool i wish i was you.

legit guys think people will envy them more if they are legit so they perpetuate that idea.

glitchers want others to envy them so they perpetuate the jealous of all my fake in game $$$.

in the end though really no one gives a crap about anyone but themselves. the only reason people like "rare" things is not everyone can have them so if they get one it makes others envious or so they hope. in reality no one gives a crap its a video game lol

play it have fun thats what everyone should do worry about yourselves if you find it fun to not glitch more power to you. if you find it fun to glitch more power to you. where i draw the line is the hackers or people that impose THEIR play style onto others and theres no way out. such as random gifts of 2 billion to legit guys, invincibility stuff, other glitches like that.

• .Polar_Bear., sslickk1 and XxHawkmoonxX like this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

The irony inherent in the OP is pretty lol worthy.
  • .Polar_Bear. likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

it's because us legit players don't cheat, we grinde away to earn our money.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

No I think it's more about other players cheating and devaluing the only form of progress and recognition the game has and ruining it for everyone else within the first month of release.

Yeah I think that's it.

Also imo "farming" is no better. Farming racing, jobs, what ever is pathetic. If you're doing it because it's fun like say.. Top Fun, because let's be real you can't just play one game of that, then that's fine. But farming an easy job like the one that only required you to go to a parking garage and throw a bomb in there and collect a hefty pay out for an hour straight then you might as well go glitch that money because it'll save you the time.

While reduced job payouts stopped that to a degree, it's also a double edged sword. You f*cked all us legit players from the damn near only FUN and easy and great way to make money because you can't just play a game like a normal person. If you want that instant gratification, then f*cking grow up and pay for it. 

• muhmuhhuh likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

OP is trying to say cheaters are the same as normal players, rammers are the same than clean racers and people shooting their coop partners after a mission are the same that a normal player.

And that sir is bullsh*t. I don´t try to to impose in anyone the way I play, but I´ll tell you cheaters, rammers and coop backstabbers are scumbag.

• Caligastia likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm reading this as a legit player from my golden tower at the moment.

• Phyxsius- and mealymouthmongolian like this

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm reading this as a legit player from my golden tower at the moment.

This...

JackWren
  • JackWren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

My penthouse in the Ivory Tower of Legitimacy has a way better view than Eclipse Towers.
  • tenpennyisplainevil, Odesza and mealymouthmongolian like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

My penthouse in the Ivory Tower of Legitimacy has a way better view than Eclipse Towers.

That just happened.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

The answer is very simple, "legit" players are just reacting to douchebags who constantly brag about their "achievements" that are accomplished through cheating or taking advantage of glitches. It may be annoying, but the fact that retards feel the need to brag about something they should feel ashamed about is why there is a backlash. It's not enough to simply get away with cheating or glitching, but these same idiots have to gloat about it, and you're SURPRISED that anyone might turn around and point out that there is a difference between EARNING something, and STEALING it?

• Phyxsius- and Skoader like this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

OP complaining about why others don't think like him.

dorcy
  • dorcy

"Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits."

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by dorcy, 11 November 2013 - 04:43 PM.

I want you to look at me when we make love and not just at my balls.

Randy? :colgate:

OT cheating is bad mmmkay? if you're cheater, you're bad cos cheating is bad.

not even a complex idea to grasp is it? if you're OK with cheating send yer wife round to mine and i'll pimp her out for airmiles. win win right? cos you're OK with cheaters.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Glitchers

Ruining their own game and lasting appeal, won't feel any kind of success in getting e.g. Entity (didn't say Adder because I don't like it), likely to get bored after obtaining everything that is the most expensive in the game much sooner than R* expected.

Legit players

Likely to get bored to the sheer need to do that many Jobs in order to get something expensive, but feel more joy when actually getting something you worked for.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Glitchers

Ruining their own game and lasting appeal, won't feel any kind of success in getting e.g. Entity (didn't say Adder because I don't like it), likely to get bored after obtaining everything that is the most expensive in the game much sooner than R* expected.

Legit players

Likely to get bored to the sheer need to do that many Jobs in order to get something expensive, but feel more joy when actually getting something you worked for.

There is no mission grind for money in this game, you can do a few missions, rob a few trucks, and play plenty of TDMs as a legit player and make an insane amount of money quickly.

• WinterEdit, Skoader and JackWren like this

JackWren
  • JackWren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

^ This.
Played a couple survivals, handful of missions and races, sold two Ballers and robbed a couple of armored cars mixed in with some free roam with friends. Pulled in about 90k in two hours. I don't have an awful lot of free time to play, but it's hardly a grind if you're just mixing it up with decent people instead of farming Boneyard or Criminal Records.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think glitch players only respond to "legit" players in a manor that they may come off like rich assholes, however i find glitchers mind their own business. I have yet see a thread started by a glitcher like, "These broke motherfu*kers" or "I hate these poor players". However, ive seen countless hate threads for glitchers from "legit" players...everything from glitchers are cheaters to threads enticing others to wage war on glitchers. For god sake, they wait at LSC to blow up cars, not caring if non glitchers get caught in the crossfire. So IMO, legit players tend to be the trouble makers.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 11 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Glitchers

Legit players

There is no mission grind for money in this game, you can do a few missions, rob a few trucks, and play plenty of TDMs as a legit player and make an insane amount of money quickly.

Or you could play Races, too... either way, doing Jobs can get boring regardless of whether it is Missions, Deathmatches, Races... or Parachute Jumps.

About Free Roam... even though your post wasn't really even related to this subject, but anyway...

Some people get bored even in Free Roam, since most people in-game are like "Oh look, another player! I'ma kill that guy and feel awesome about it.". Believe it or not, but that kind of behavior makes it boring since the action in the game is monotonous (pew, pew, boom, pew). You could try random stuff not requiring killing in the game with others but no, they must kill you for lulz.

Yeah, playing with Friends indeed is a valid option... if it wasn't so rare sight to see friendly people in there.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

The answer is very simple, "legit" players are just reacting to douchebags who constantly brag about their "achievements" that are accomplished through cheating or taking advantage of glitches. It may be annoying, but the fact that retards feel the need to brag about something they should feel ashamed about is why there is a backlash. It's not enough to simply get away with cheating or glitching, but these same idiots have to gloat about it, and you're SURPRISED that anyone might turn around and point out that there is a difference between EARNING something, and STEALING it?

Relax_and_Get_High
  • Relax_and_Get_High

I smoked with Johnny Hopkins

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

dumb topic. You can't speak on behalf of all the Glitchers you wouldn't understand, I ran into a glitcher on here who called me a peasent because he had more money lol what a sweaty try hard.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Personally I haven't really noticed glitchers bragging unless it's a defense to being insulted by a 'legit player'.

You might get the occasional kid who does, but it's pretty rare. 

Get Trevomized
  • Get Trevomized

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thisbsh*t is silly.. Its a video game. You don't work hard earning money in it.. Who cares how anyone comes across their money, garages/cars? Get a life.
  • Gasmasks likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users