Photo

GtaVC / Gta3 / GtaSA Xbox Console SIMPLE QUESTION

8 replies to this topic
mister5
  • mister5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

The three games all support playing custom music from the consoles harddrive, using the default folders? that the console rips music to from the dashboard feature to rip audio cds right?

What is the location of this ripped music folder on the console harddrive? C drive somewhere? E drive with the saves? Looking for the exact path.
THIS IS NOT FOR A 360, FIRST GEN XBOX CONSOLE

Thanks for the help

DoubleVision
  • DoubleVision

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi. The music saves in your E Partition. So, go to E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music. Then in that music folder theres sub folders with music files with ".wma" extensions. There's also E:\UDATA\fffe0000\TitleMeta.xbx. Don't know what it's for, though.

• mister5 likes this

mister5
  • mister5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

OMG THANK YOU!

Xbox support even told me to go screw myself, and I tried to dupe them with 'I also have a 360 (which is still supported) and wanted to know the same thing." to which they didn't take the bait or reply.

I'm trying to upload my mp3 collection directly to the folder to import into the game's tapedeck.  I guess all the files have to be wma, the mp3s wouldn't play.

Thanks for the help.

DoubleVision
  • DoubleVision

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

You can try burning your music on a cd. Then load your Xbox1's Microsoft dashboard to burn your music from your cd.

And of course you can figure out the rest :) If you burn it to a different folder you'll have to change which track from that folder or you can burn/add it into an existing folder through your dashboard. For more fun you can use a program to combine music files together as one and replace it with one in GTA Vice City, for example. Like let's say you want to install a custom bg to replace Malibu Club's bgm. I have no idea how to do it for GTA SA for xbox since the tools that exist either don't work for the game's music files (like the ambience) or the tools will corrupt the music files. And you're welcome. Sorry they blew you off at a different website.

• mister5 likes this

mister5
  • mister5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by mister5, 13 November 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Well the problem (you guys probably don't care about modded systems since you offer mod downloads right?) Is my xbox only plays games from the harddrive.  The cd / dvd rom doesn't work or read discs at all.
I ftp'd my music into the box in mp3 format, which plays fine in the dash (well the dash distorts it for some reason) and xbmc (which plays fine) but not the game and I could only assume its because it wasn't in the default folder.

I moved it into that folder but it's still mp3 format, so the tape deck didn't play anything.  I'll have to experiment... I hope that one .xbx file isn't important but judging by the looks of it it looks like it is only a compiled database of the meta id3 tags of the individual tracks, and probably doesn't hold any relevant information for actually playing the tracks.  I hope.

Can you confirm for me the music has to be in wma format? You sound experienced.

I'd love the idea of changing the club music, if you hang out there for longer than a few minutes it stops... and everyone dances anyway.  Same for the strip club.

You can try burning your music on a cd. Then load your Xbox1's Microsoft dashboard to burn your music from your cd.

And of course you can figure out the rest :) If you burn it to a different folder you'll have to change which track from that folder or you can burn/add it into an existing folder through your dashboard. For more fun you can use a program to combine music files together as one and replace it with one in GTA Vice City, for example. Like let's say you want to install a custom bg to replace Malibu Club's bgm. I have no idea how to do it for GTA SA for xbox since the tools that exist either don't work for the game's music files (like the ambience) or the tools will corrupt the music files. And you're welcome. Sorry they blew you off at a different website.

mister5
  • mister5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

And of course you can figure out the rest :) If you burn it to a different folder you'll have to change which track from that folder or you can burn/add it into an existing folder through your dashboard.

Well it seems it's not as simple as placing files in the folder.  I uploaded my mp3s to that folder but they didn't play, so I figured they would need to be the same format the box rips in and they love everything microsoft.

So I converted to wma... the files still play ok in the dash (I just had to update which folder) but the game (gta 3 and gta vc both) still won't play tape deck music for me in vehicle or menus.

Any suggestions? I tried putting them inside another folder in the music folder, and also tried the music folder itself.
I wonder now if that other file in the udata folder is to blame...

DoubleVision
  • DoubleVision

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm just like you. I'm a member. I'm not part of the admins.I just happened to read your question and answered it, because I had experience with your question. In the music folder where you have your ".wma's" saved there's a file. That file is not in the sub folders. I believe it's what keeps record of exactly which music you copied from your dashboard. It's like that one file in your gta III era games' audio folder.I remember I deleted some music from E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music. Then when I tried to burn more music from the dashboard it kept telling me something about music limit reached. Then I deleted that little file in the music folder and everything was fixed. Except that I had to burn the music all over again.

I remember I had a tool I found online that allowed you to edit your music through ftping. I'll help you look for it. I'll look on my pc and if I can't find it I'll look for it online. I'll get back to you. That way you won't require dashboard to burn music.

mister5
  • mister5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by mister5, 13 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

I'm just like you. I'm a member. I'm not part of the admins.I just happened to read your question and answered it, because I had experience with your question. In the music folder where you have your ".wma's" saved there's a file. That file is not in the sub folders. I believe it's what keeps record of exactly which music you copied from your dashboard. It's like that one file in your gta III era games' audio folder.I remember I deleted some music from E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music. Then when I tried to burn more music from the dashboard it kept telling me something about music limit reached. Then I deleted that little file in the music folder and everything was fixed. Except that I had to burn the music all over again.

I remember I had a tool I found online that allowed you to edit your music through ftping. I'll help you look for it. I'll look on my pc and if I can't find it I'll look for it online. I'll get back to you. That way you won't require dashboard to burn music.

I have the dashboard but yeah I don't have a cd rom that works to use with it.  I see the E:\UDATA\fffe0000\TitleMeta.xbx file but there's also a file in the E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music folder with a .db extension.

If the dash writes those files, then in theory I just have to edit or write them myself to match the contents and link? properly to my music. 
I appreciate you trying to get me linked up with that music ftp tool, it sounds like what I need.

DoubleVision
  • DoubleVision

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

mister5: I'm going to pm you the link to two tools, because I don't think I'm allowed to post the link here. Check your Pm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users