Photo

Racing. Will you let me win?!

17 replies to this topic
Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

So I'm having trouble actually winning racing to unlock all my upgrades. This dumb game makes me race with people 50 and higher and I'm at level 25. Of course they always want custom cars on so that leaves me with a very slim chance to win a race.

Is there anyone out there that is high in level that would just let me win a bunch of races? We can make it as quick as possible. It sucks that it has to resort to this but I don't see Amy other way.

Thanks for the help guys.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Depends on what console are you playing. 

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Shame you don't see Amy. I'm sure she's nice

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Trigger Warning!

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

On XBL?

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Lol. That was a typo. Stupid auto correct. *any. I'm on the ps3. Anyone?

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

I BET AMY'S HOT HUHUHU

I may do it, it'd be especially helpful if you have imo for mobile so we can communicate, PS3 messaging is annoying. Ik how you feel though, I just boosted with a friend of mine.

OnlineGazettE, tell me when/if you added me, not home atm though.

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

I know what you mean. I just bought the most expensive car in the game and have been joining races for custom bikes but I don't have 1 so had to pick a normal bike. Lol I was going really slow but even managed to overtake people that crashed but they still caught up :(

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yup, I hear ya with the racing.  Hit me up on PSN (DrDetroit70) or just send request if you want.  I'll race with you and we can swap the wins and unlock parts.

I'm usually online later in the evenings (USA - EST).

DrDetroit

wapez
  • wapez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I am having trouble winning also if anyones interested helping me I will return the favor. I also need some freinds to just play missions and stuff. I dont normaly bend the rules to my advantage I just want to upgrade my cars. You can find me on xbox 360 under gamertag (wapez)

Thanks

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

For more long-term benefits, it would be better to improve your racing skill.

Firstly, custom cars don't seem to make a difference performance-wise. I've always used stock cars and haven't noticed anyone being noticeably faster than me, mixed with catch-up there's no difference.

Learn to slipstream, especially at the end; don't be in first nearer the end if someone's on your tail, try to be in a very close second then overtake them at the end. 

Don't aim for speed, but for crashing as little as possible; this is easier if you know the track and when to brake and when to slow down so you don't fly over a guardrail.

Don't play aggressively, because when the person you're PITTing tries to fix themselves, you'll also crash with them 4/5 times. Ramming into the back of the person only speeds them up, and gives an equal chance of spinning you out instead of them.

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Thank you guys. I will start adding you as soon as I get home. I'm usually on in the evening as well.

As for your comment reddragon modified cars do make a huge difference. Yes precision is everything! And I'm not one to crash often at all. I have beat custom cars before but not often enough. I do consider myself a very good driver in this game but for those straight runs they kill me. And yeah I've learned the hard way playing aggressively doesn't help much. Maybe if you're lucky.

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Drdetroit I will definitely swap races with you. Quick races we take turns. I'll add you. Thanks man.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:38 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 11 November 2013 - 08:40 PM.

For more long-term benefits, it would be better to improve your racing skill.

Firstly, custom cars don't seem to make a difference performance-wise. I've always used stock cars and haven't noticed anyone being noticeably faster than me, mixed with catch-up there's no difference.

Learn to slipstream, especially at the end; don't be in first nearer the end if someone's on your tail, try to be in a very close second then overtake them at the end. 

Don't aim for speed, but for crashing as little as possible; this is easier if you know the track and when to brake and when to slow down so you don't fly over a guardrail.

Don't play aggressively, because when the person you're PITTing tries to fix themselves, you'll also crash with them 4/5 times. Ramming into the back of the person only speeds them up, and gives an equal chance of spinning you out instead of them.

Yup, the main key is to be smooth, pick decent lines and don't crash.  Speed is not the key, a good line through corners is.  Let the crash happy idiots knock themselves out of the race, then jump into 2nd, then 1st.  I always try to race clean and pick good and fast lines.  Although the bumping happens, you can usually tell if intentional.

My issue is mainly nobody is racing online when I seem to be online.  

DrDetroit

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Add me too PSN AiraCobra1686.

I like to do Criminal Record

3 Laps / Personal Best

You get about 950RP points for first

Make sure you have the Record on Personal Best instead of World Record that way everytime you beat your own time you will get RP points.

Tbones981
  • Tbones981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

So what you're saying is you don't want to do the work to actually deserve those wins?

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yes tbones. I am a father of a 15 month old working long hours. I don't have time to do this game hours out of my days like most people here do.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Depends on what console are you playing. 

If on XBL, myself and Tycek would likely be up for this, so long as the favour's returned.

I for example would insist on a deposit - £10,000 - in case the person in question would then turn around and refuse to let me win the next one. The deposit would be returned.

Alternatively, for a small fee per race, I'd happily do it.

@Tbones - what he's saying is he's in the same boat as me - he's crap. I've been in races, and i just can not win these races. I'm just not very good. People out there that are good have the advantage. It's about levelling the playing field. Games are fun, not social elitism commentary.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Anybody on XBL who wants to do this, add me and send me a message to let me know when you're ready.

I'm on most nights after 6pm (UK GMT) and will definitely be on tonight. We can take turns in winning as I really want the upgrades too.

(RE: "be a better racer", it's pretty hard to win races when there's 8-16 of you and you're constantly getting spun out on the first lap or if you don't get spun out you get screwed over by "catchup". I can't say that skill doesn't come into it at all but luck is definitely a big factor too)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users