Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is clear now that the cheater pool is confirmed?

272 replies to this topic
TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I have to disagree that the cheater's pool even exists. I can't even stay in the same lobby having three systems/games/users in my house. We always get sent to different sessions after missions and it's rare we spend more than 30 minutes without having to reinvite everyone to the same session again. This goes for all of their session types. Free aim is dead but it was the same with Red Dead and GTA IV also. You've got to be good to play in that type of environment and the average GTA O player needs auto aim (my wife). This is why you are seeing empty sessions. That and the Bad Sport system.

As to why you can't join a decent job or playlist, it's simply because they are now grinding sessions so you're only going to see the same races and jobs repeatedly. Blame Rockstar either way, for the asshat lobbies and overall design of San Andreas free mode. 

thatcrazypenguin
  • thatcrazypenguin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

the op makes me laugh, what a pathetic individual....your reporting people for actions in a video game eh? are you really that bored?

noone likes a grass online or offline they are the lowest of the low pondscum........you want to be rockstars unofficial police force or something?

what a pathetic waste of oxygen

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

There were cheating modders all over IV, ruining the game for everyone else. Rockstar did nothing about it. If they aren't going to ban actual cheats in IV what makes you think they'll do anything about glitching money in V? Especially seeing that it doesn't directly affect anyone else?

I'm not a glitcher, btw, just realistic.

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by madwullie, 11 November 2013 - 03:11 PM.

There were cheating modders all over IV, ruining the game for everyone else. Rockstar did nothing about it. If they aren't going to ban actual cheats in IV what makes you think they'll do anything about glitching money in V? Especially seeing that it doesn't directly affect anyone else?

Are you really asking this?

What makes him think they will do anything about it is that people are creating virtual money out of nowhere while at the same time Rockstar are actually trying to sell the exact same virtual money to people for real money.

Can you honestly not see why they might be a bit upset about that?

If you can't, please kill self forthwith as you are potentially polluting the gene pool with idiocy.

ETA: castration may be an acceptable alternative.

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

What makes him think they will do anything about it is that people are creating virtual money out of nowhere while at the same time Rockstar are actually trying to sell the exact same virtual money to people for real money.

If you can't, please kill self forthwith as you are potentially polluting the gene pool with idiocy.

The argument that glitchers cost Rockstar money is erroneous. Just because someone glitches extra money DOES NOT mean that they would have paid for said money if the glitch didn't exist.

I'm citing evidence when it comes to policing their own games; you are doing no such thing and are just blindly hoping.

The fact that you can get so emotional about a stranger making a legitimate point and start throwing insults about, implies you are quite young. Probably better if you abandon your school-yard logic and calm down.

• who-dat likes this

madwullie
  • madwullie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Sorry you'll need to point out where I said that it costs Rockstar any money in that post (being completely honest I do actually think this but any evidence is purely anecdotal so I'm not putting it forward). But in this case my point is that Rockstar will not like people doing this.

You are comparing apples with oranges. None of Rockstar's previous titles have involved them trying to sell virtual money for real money so what action they took for those games is pretty much immaterial, and can't be taken as a guide. Whether or not you or I think glitching money costs them money doesn't really matter btw.

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by Odesza, 11 November 2013 - 03:33 PM.

The argument that glitchers cost Rockstar money is erroneous. Just because someone glitches extra money DOES NOT mean that they would have paid for said money if the glitch didn't exist.

I'm citing evidence when it comes to policing their own games; you are doing no such thing and are just blindly hoping.

The fact that you can get so emotional about a stranger making a legitimate point and start throwing insults about, implies you are quite young. Probably better if you abandon your school-yard logic and calm down.

Exploits and glitches can delay the release of new content and possibly open up more problems if not bigger ones, you don't seem to understand that just because they haven't said anything about working on a fix doesn't mean they aren't.

It's no surprise the first fixes they have been releasing are ones regarding stability of the servers and data/cloud crashes and losses, I wouldn't expect them to focus on rolling out some giant ban hammer as opposed to focusing on the previous issues I just talked about.

Also you yourself cannot say that people that glitch would have not ended up spending more time playing the game, bought cash cards, or anything.  It's just pure ignorance.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

I find it ironic that in a game where you play a criminal (and a violent one at that), people are complaining about glitchers and modders and cheaters.

• who-dat likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

I find it ironic that in a game where you play a criminal (and a violent one at that), people are complaining about glitchers and modders and cheaters.

Are you mentally challenged lol.

ooMrmojoRisin
  • ooMrmojoRisin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by ooMrmojoRisin, 11 November 2013 - 03:41 PM.

If they were so troubled by people glitching money,it is their friking resposiblity to do a public statement regarding those glitches,and urge people not to exploit them or else there will be bans/resets/whatever..

they would have focused all their resources to fix those glitches,not leave them available for how long now?..

instead of that-nothing..and what should one think-do?

and how could they mass ban people after this much time and this much inactivity from their side?..

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

If they were so troubled by people glitching money,it is their friking resposiblity to do a public statement regarding those glitches,and urge people not to exploit them or else there will be bans/resets/whatever..

they would have focused all their resources to fix those glitches,not leave them available for how long now?..

instead of that-nothing..and what should one think-do?

and how could they mass ban people after this much time and this much inactivity from their side?..

Try reading this post;

http://gtaforums.com...d/?p=1064045605

Also I mean come on, are you slow or something?  Do you really need a public statement to know that cheating/exploiting is wrong?  Give me a break.

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by Zarathustra71, 11 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Sorry you'll need to point out where I said that it costs Rockstar any money in that post (being completely honest I do actually think this but any evidence is purely anecdotal so I'm not putting it forward). But in this case my point is that Rockstar will not like people doing this.

You are comparing apples with oranges. None of Rockstar's previous titles have involved them trying to sell virtual money for real money so what action they took for those games is pretty much immaterial, and can't be taken as a guide. Whether or not you or I think glitching money costs them money doesn't really matter btw.

So Rockstar will ban people simply because they "will not like" people glitching? If that is their motivation, why didn't they ban modders in IV? Or did they "like" players cheating?

If it isn't about the cash cards then why can't I compare IV to V? That, as you rightly say, is the only difference.

In the end, neither of us know and it is just our opinion. Which is fine. No need for the insults though.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Go to a Counter Strike server and yell "I am in a game about terrorists", while running an aimbot and a speed hack (cheating - just to make sure you understand the point).

Come back and tell us the story about an admin thinking it`s ironic and not banning your sorry ass for a lifetime.

• madwullie likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

So Rockstar will ban people simply because they "will not like" people glitching? If that is their motivation, why didn't they ban modders in IV? Or did they "like" players cheating?

If it isn't about the cash cards then why can't I compare IV to V. That, as you rightly say, is the only difference.

In the end, neither of us know and it is just our opinion. Which is fine. No need for the insults though.

Because GTA V Online is a much bigger thing than IV online for starters, according to what R* has said GTAO is supposed to be a huge on-going landmark in the GTA franchise, so it's pretty obvious they will work harder for this than they did for GTA IV.

Common sense really.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

False Shepherd

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

Whoever doesn't believe that Rockstar is taking care of the scum slowly but surely, do what you want and see what happens.

In case you didn't know, read this:

http://support.rocks...eft-Auto-Online

That is a link to a real Rockstar email address known simply as the GTA ban hammer. I have already used this to report users who used garage-glitched vehicles such as tanks.

To the legits fed up with the glitching, cheating degenerates, use this email address, and always include the user's PSN/XBOX gamer tag. Take a pic of the screen and what they are doing... or record video with your phone. Attaching concrete evidence helps insure swift action.

We can help clean up the mess.

Also, always use the in game report function accessible through the pause menu.

I don't think that players are tracked until they are reported at least once, so if somebody is glitching or exploiting report them and encourage others in your session to report them.

Rockstar can then verify exploiting by accessing their online game statistics and activity and take action on their account.

This is a guy that takes life too seriously and probably doesn't have a lot of friends

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

This is a guy that takes life too seriously and probably doesn't have a lot of friends

Nah.. he`s right. It`s really funny how you are threatened by him...

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Also you yourself cannot say that people that glitch would have not ended up spending more time playing the game, bought cash cards, or anything.  It's just pure ignorance.

I can not and did not say that. Read it again. 

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by Zarathustra71, 11 November 2013 - 03:52 PM.

If it isn't about the cash cards then why can't I compare IV to V. That, as you rightly say, is the only difference.

Because GTA V Online is a much bigger thing than IV online for starters, according to what R* has said GTAO is supposed to be a huge on-going landmark in the GTA franchise, so it's pretty obvious they will work harder for this than they did for GTA IV.

Common sense really.

I'm a huge landmark human being. A leap in evolution as it were.

Can you see how that statement isn't very convincing because I said it about myself?

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by Odesza, 11 November 2013 - 03:54 PM.

I can not and did not say that. Read it again. 

"Just because someone glitches extra money DOES NOT mean that they would have paid for said money if the glitch didn't exist."

Implying or not, nobody here can say that glitching isn't costing R* money, it's extremely likely that even a small % of the people cheating/glitching might at some point bought cash cards.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Common sense really.

This lil` piece of sh*t guy said something about landmarks and revolutions:

Other MMOs are doing a nasty thing that isn`t very heroic, so we imply that we won`t be doing it... but we ARE doing it. Yup! Totally understandable and clear.

We all know that he was speaking the truth now... http://i.imgur.com/kET1L.jpg

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

False Shepherd

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hmmm... at the request of dirtyoldbear, I checked out his Social Club profile (it's public):

http://socialclub.ro...rview/gtaonline

A few things... yes, clearly, you are a glitcher. You weren't lying.

+$12,000,000 in car sales, +$2,900,000 from jobs. +$15,000,000 total earned. ~8 days played.

2 hours spent racing... 4 minutes spent playing deathmatches. 1 parachuting event done.

12 hours spent wanted....

For the racing, there was probably a lot more time spent in lobbies... joining, etc... you could probably add 2 more hours for that.

For the 2.9 million from jobs, since you lost more than 2/3 of your races, I'm going to put the amount earned from races at <250k.

So most of your job money came from actual missions, which take anywhere from 5-25 minutes, and that's if you don't retry them. Earn somewhere between 2k-25k for each mission...

A conservative estimate would say that you spent at least 5 days of the time you've spent playing, playing jobs... don't ask how I got that... do the math yourself. I assure you it is a CONSERVATIVE estimate.

Gotta wait 48 minutes in game time to sell a car about, right? You've got about 3 days of time left to get all those car sales........

Obviously that's impossible. Totally impossible. So yes, this guy is a really bad glitcher, and should definitely be reported.

Go outside and take a breather son. 

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by Odesza, 11 November 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Common sense really.

This lil` piece of sh*t guy said something about landmarks and revolutions:

Other MMOs are doign a nasty thing that isn`t very heroic, so we imply that we won`t be doing it... but we ARE doing it. Yup! Totally understandable and clear.

We all know that he was speaking the truth now... http://i.imgur.com/kET1L.jpg

In all fairness TOR was a huge mess and a poor replacement for a KOTOR 3.  I don't really think anyone expected anything of it lol.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 03:59 PM.

In all fairness TOR was a huge mess and a poor replacement for a KOTOR 3.  I don't really think anyone expected anything of it lol.

Just as GTA 5 is not a MMO :) And all that R* said, or most of it, is a bunch of bullsh*t.

Just like GTA:O is a poor replacement for a multiplayer and sold as a MMO, even if it is not one.

pholic
  • pholic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

OP needs a police car to patrol and report glitchers in, too bad he'd have to use an exploit to get it....

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:02 PM Edited by Odesza, 11 November 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Just as GTA 5 is not a MMO :) And all that R* said, or most of it, is a bunch of bullsh*t.

Just like GTA:O is a poor replacement for a multiplayer and sold as a MMO, even if it is not one.

For a game like GTA it's not that bad to be honest, you also need to realize the restrictions and inexperience of the company making this, it isn't some Korean developing company or some Japanese developing company that just pops out MMOs every other week.  

I'd say they have a lot of room for improvement but it's been such a short amount of time since it's release that I'd rather give it more time before I give up on it.

I'm not sure how it's a poor replacement for multiplayer.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 04:10 PM.

For a game like GTA it's not that bad to be honest, you also need to realize the restrictions and inexperience of the company making this, it isn't some Korean developing company or some Japanese developing company that just pops out MMOs every other week.

I'd say they have a lot of room for improvement but it's been such a short amount of time since it's release that I'd rather give it more time before I give up on it.

I`ll ask you a question, based on something Rockstar has said: They said that it is a persistent world, right? 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=olEGtoYs_8A <-- 0:23. I am being gracious and not say anything about the 1:03 incident about the stealing of a car that never spawns in MP - Cheetah.

Here is the question: If it is persistent, can I find a car, park in in front of a friend`s house and disconnect from the invite only lobby? Will the car still be there if my friend logs in 5 minutes later?

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by Odesza, 11 November 2013 - 04:12 PM.

I`ll ask you a question, based on something Rockstar has said: They said that it is a persistent world, right? 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=olEGtoYs_8A <-- 0:23. I am being gracious and not say anything about the 1:03 incident about the stealing of a car that never spawns in MP - Cheetah.

Here is the question: If it is persistent, can I find a car, park in in front of a friend`s house and disconnect from the invite only lobby? Will the car still be there if my friend logs in 5 minutes later?

It's a trailer, it's obviously gonna be a bit exaggerated, the cheetah part is pretty bad though.  The question you asked can only be answered with the obvious words, hardware/developing restrictions.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 November 2013 - 04:16 PM.

It's a trailer, it's obviously gonna be a bit exaggerated, the cheetah part is pretty bad though.  The question you asked can only be answered with the obvious words, hardware/developing restrictions.

This is not what I have asked.

I asked if a car will still be where I left it 5 minutes later, in a persistent world, regardless of people online and regardless of the fact that I am on the other side of the map.

Because, no matter how hard I`d try, if I lose line of sight, the car vanishes. Which isn`t very persistent ...

Odesza
  • Odesza

Fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

This is not what I have asked.

It's a rhetorical question lol.

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Lies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users