Photo

Servers dying

41 replies to this topic
Madstacks
  • Madstacks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Every session i go to only have 3 people in it. What happened i just came back from a break.

Nolifeloser
  • Nolifeloser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Same thing was happening to me the other day even after finding new sessions. I finally found a server of about 10 but ended up in dunce hat. Bad sport lobbies are full. Lol

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

cod is setting records for players on at one time and play time for XBL

and plus BF4 is out too which is very popular 

also batman, wwe, nba2k, madden...there's a lot of other games that are more fun online and provide every bit as much fun as GTA if not more. 

sorry man, people have moved on...this culture is like, consume the game, move on, consume next game, move on. 

• 727gta likes this

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Also the issues that seem to have cropped up after Rockstar released the latest patch. The matchmaking system seems to have been screwed up. Otherwise there would still be full servers, albeit quite a bit less of them.

Madstacks
  • Madstacks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Lol they should just pack sessions and not make tons.

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Lol they should just pack sessions and not make tons.

That's the problem. That's what the matchmaking system should be doing but since patch 1.05 it hasn't been. The last update broke something.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by Suppa K, 10 November 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Why are people so f*cking dense? It's not because of other games. If that were the case then no multiplayer game would still have hundreds of thousands of people still playing.

There are still thousands of people who play Battlefeld 2 still and even older games online. I swear to god some people in this forum have no concept for reality or how things work. You have no idea how many players GTA:O sees everyday.

The problem is that the game isn't throwing people into servers with room but instead creating new ones and putting people into nearly empty rooms. GTA:O works the way it does because of its seamless transition to free roam lobbies to racing and more.

It started after the patch I think. The point is it's not the number of people are less its that the game isn't grouping all these people together. There could be only 100 people online, and you would still get a full lobby as long as the game correctly was putting people into servers.

It's clearly a f*cking technical problem on the servers end, not a matter of people playing something else because none of us only play GTA:O exclusively or any game for that matter, and you also seem to forget how many millions of people are playing online games at any given time. Down the line there be a drop off yeah but you won't notice it because if things are working as they should then lobbies will always be constantly bringing people in and out, so you should never see an empty server regardless of the amount of players.
  • Hamsterbaffle, Masher8559, helresa and 8 others like this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yeah I wouldn't expect you to read it since you're the kind of moron I'm talking about.
  • Seanathon and a20characterusername like this

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

Why are people so f*cking dense? It's not because of other games. If that were the case then no multiplayer game would still have hundreds of thousands of people still playing.

There are still thousands of people who play Battlefeld 2 still and even older games online. I swear to god some people in this forum have no concept for reality or how things work. You have no idea how many players GTA:O sees everyday.

The problem is that the game isn't throwing people into servers with room but instead creating new ones and putting people into nearly empty rooms. GTA:O works the way it does because of its seamless transition to free roam lobbies to racing and more.

It started after the patch I think. The point is it's not the number of people are less its that the game isn't grouping all these people together. There could be only 100 people online, and you would still get a full lobby as long as the game correctly was putting people into servers.

It's clearly a f*cking technical problem on the servers end, not a matter of people playing something else because none of us only play GTA:O exclusively or any game for that matter, and you also seem to forget how many millions of people are playing online games at any given time. Down the line there be a drop off yeah but you won't notice it because if things are working as they should then lobbies will always be constantly bringing people in and out, so you should never see an empty server regardless of the amount of players.

Exactly this.

• Seanathon likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

It's clearly a f*cking technical problem on the servers end.

This is really all you had to say, because it's mostly true. People like myself have been unable to access the online aspect of the game for three days, now. Several posts on this forum have addressed it, already. "The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable at this time. Please try again later." It's very frustrating, but the only thing to do is either play single player or do something else. This is likely causing havoc at R* HQ and with a holiday tomorrow, Tuesday is going to be a good day to call in sick there! ;)

SneakerzOtoole
  • SneakerzOtoole

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

1.05 disrupted matchmaking.  No one is leaving GTA, it's still the best online game out right now and has much more to offer than COD, BF4, and whatever else is out there at the moment.

• Benteke and Seanathon like this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Every session I join is packed. Check your NAT settings and your rep / zone has a lot to do with who you get matched up with.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Every session I join is packed. Check your NAT settings and your rep / zone has a lot to do with who you get matched up with.

The first night people started complaining about it I was having no problems, then at like 3 am it just started throwing me into near empty rooms.

As much as it sucks it's not the worst, all the glitchers and assholes probably aren't playing right now so take advantage and go enjoy the world.

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

so true.. and to the guy who posted that GIF saying "LOL DIDNT READ" 

you're the exact dumbass this text is describing. 

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Can I just go off topic for a moment here to point out one little thing that continues to annoy me? Who the hell cares whether GTA Online is or isn't losing players to COD, BF or whatnot? It's not a big deal as long as it's still possible to get a full lobby. That should be the only thing we should be concerned about. Meanwhile, it seems that in this and other threads people are going nuts arguing whether everyone has jumped ship to Ghosts or not. Who cares? Even if they have, even if 70% of GTA:O players stopped playing, there would still be thousands of players. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

• Suppa K likes this

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Philly is a known troll moron that gets a b0ner over cod, the most rehashed game ever yet this is the repetitive boring game... Right..

Anyways - if there were was one thing that Rockstar really seems to neglect is the matchmaking.

This game sold so much yet even since launch, I never match up with more then 5-7 in free aim modes, but free roams are fine. I know it's not the most popular mode, but there are still at least thousands playing it at any given time.

After latest patch, first session of free roam typically has low player count. If you choose to join another I get in fuller free roams.

The matchmaking needs a rehaul.
  • Suppa K likes this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Philly is a known troll moron that gets a b0ner over cod, the most rehashed game ever yet this is the repetitive boring game... Right..

Anyways - if there were was one thing that Rockstar really seems to neglect is the matchmaking.

This game sold so much yet even since launch, I never match up with more then 5-7 in free aim modes, but free roams are fine. I know it's not the most popular mode, but there are still at least thousands playing it at any given time.

After latest patch, first session of free roam typically has low player count. If you choose to join another I get in fuller free roams.

The matchmaking needs a rehaul.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Can I just go off topic for a moment here to point out one little thing that continues to annoy me? Who the hell cares whether GTA Online is or isn't losing players to COD, BF or whatnot? It's not a big deal as long as it's still possible to get a full lobby. That should be the only thing we should be concerned about. Meanwhile, it seems that in this and other threads people are going nuts arguing whether everyone has jumped ship to Ghosts or not. Who cares? Even if they have, even if 70% of GTA:O players stopped playing, there would still be thousands of players. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Those of us who play GTA:O a lot don't care that's for sure. It's just the little scrubs who will move onto CoD or something that say this sh*t. Also as I said before it really wouldn't matter because you would still be getting full lobbies. All that matters is that we have enough people to play with.

It's just fanboys trying to stir up sh*t.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

I hope they sort it out soon because it totally sucks not being able to get into full race lobbies, deathmatches, or anything except maybe Survival or missions that only require 2 or 3. It's made online seem extremely boring. 

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

it's still the best online game out right now

stop right there.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

it's still the best online game out right now .

Lmao

These kids are on crack

I could sh*t a better turd than this game I just played a match only 3 people

Nobody is playing this sh*t dog. U silly bro.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

so true.. and to the guy who posted that GIF saying "LOL DIDNT READ" 

you're the exact dumbass this text is describing. 

Why waste the energy addressing that one?  It's fairly obvious GTAPhilly1 has yet to grow hair on his nuts i.e. has quite a ways to go before graduating 12th grade. :colgate:

GTA 2012
  • GTA 2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but people pretending that GTA Online losing people to other things like COD/DF/Next-gen etc are just silly.

COD usually has around 300,000 people and that still isn't sometimes enough to fill all modes, I mean, GTA online has hundreds of missions, filling that up would be tough.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by darkdayz, 11 November 2013 - 02:10 AM.

I've been in full servers all day, it was actually more full in the missions today than it has ever been for me.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but people pretending that GTA Online losing people to other things like COD/DF/Next-gen etc are just silly.

COD usually has around 300,000 people and that still isn't sometimes enough to fill all modes, I mean, GTA online has hundreds of missions, filling that up would be tough.

Umm idiot

Cod has 600k right now

GTA 2012
  • GTA 2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

Umm idiot

Cod has 600k right now

Err moron

That's the initial population, it always levels around 300,000.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

I HAVE FEELINGS ASSHOLE! BE MORE RESPECTFUL!

SneakerzOtoole
  • SneakerzOtoole

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

it's still the best online game out right now .

Lmao

These kids are on crack

I could sh*t a better turd than this game I just played a match only 3 people

Nobody is playing this sh*t dog. U silly bro.

Kid?  I'm 29 and I'm not your bro, so don't say it.  If anyone is on crack it's the people still playing cod these days, that's a turd that just gets polished every year and people are dumb enough to keep paying $60 for it, I stopped playing cod in 2010.  So no, you silly.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yeah I wouldn't expect you to read it since you're the kind of moron I'm talking about.

'No need to explain anything to "GTAphilly", he just doesn't comprehend :)

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

What do you mean "fill all modes", why would every game type need to be filled? How is 300k people a low amount?

As long as there are enough people that are switching from free roam to and from other game types you will never see an empty room unless something is not working like it is now.

Also once again why do any other games have anything to do with? Yes people will start playing other games and some will abandon it for good but you will never see these servers empty from people not playing enough. There's just too many people in the world and playing the game for that to happen. People move onto other games, and I will too but GTA is something I always go back to, I've put hundreds of hours into IV and SA, and that was without multiplayer. I try to keep my multiplayer game pool limited because I don't like playing 4 different online games at once, so right now it's battlefield 4 and GTA:O. If I ever get tired of online I have the campaign to go through again. People come and go, it's the normal cycle of online games, I can assure you GTA:O isn't going anywhere and it won't be a game I get tired of anytime soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users