Quantcast

» «
Photo

How many personal vehicles can you blow up...

14 replies to this topic
SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 10 November 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Per day (or session, I guess), before being sent to a bad sport lobby? Or is this one of the very unpredictable things of GTA:O? I'm not one of the asshole who actively pursue this, but every night its pretty much inevitable that I'll end up destroying at least a couple personal vehicles solely out of self-defense, but I've never once been sent to a BS lobby (or even seen myself labeled as a 'dodgy player' on the online player list. I think the most has been 4 in one session (and 24-hour period) and nothing has happened. I know there are ways around getting sent there, like turning off your system and sh*t like that, but I'd rather just keep track of my damage done if at all possible.

My main questions:

1. The amount of vehicles destroyed before getting dunce'd 

2. Any kind of game time/real life 'clock' that resets regarding personal vehicle destruction and bad sports points toward your player

3. Has my lack of being "bad sported" maybe due to not being reported by any of these people

4. If the person whose vehicle you destroyed has destroyed your vehicle several times prior affects the system at all

5. I heard a rumor that if a player has a bounty on them and is in their personal vehicle you no longer get a foul for destroying it, but I still haven't seen any confirmation on this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

For me, I have blown at least maybe 20 people's PV if not more but since I span it out over a period of time, I am still a clean player. Pay attention to your stats, when you reach dodgy status be careful. But my guess is once you hit dodgy then you're probably aiming for BS lobby

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

I still don't understand if it's based on per actual day or by length of time played.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

I still don't understand if it's based on per actual day or by length of time played.

There is a set amount of vehicles you can destroy and time in which you become a dodgy player. I do not know what that is but my theory is it has a cool down time in which you can blow up 1 car a day and not get BS'd but thats just speculation at this point.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 10 November 2013 - 11:34 PM.

It's definitely more than one a day. Like I said in my OP I think I did 3 or 4 in one session (all self-defense) and I'm still labeled as a clean player. I was level < 30 at the time, 37 as of last night. If I had to guess I've probably blown up between 12-15. If there's a stat for it I'll check it out later tonight. 

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 10 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

There is obviously a timer but hell why not dump gasoline all over someone's car and watch them start it only to blow it up paying their own insurance

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 11 November 2013 - 08:18 PM.

There is obviously a timer but hell why not dump gasoline all over someone's car and watch them start it only to blow it up paying their own insurance

Really this thread is primarily about defense. I don't actively try to destroy people's cars unless I feel they really deserve it. I'm only concerned about defending myself against people in their chrome Adders and Entitys, which is quite difficult to do with gasoline. 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Bumpin'

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by 5HT2a, 11 November 2013 - 08:27 PM.

I have no idea how it works. 

I just got Bad Sported for destroying four cars with a Lazer. I generally don't destroy cars and mess around with people, but I stole a Lazer. What else was I supposed to do with it?

I've destroyed way, way more cars than that in sessions and in days. I had been rewarded with $1000 for good behavior just two hours prior. The system seems really inconsistent, I had no idea I was even pushing it at the point I was at. 

I am now on the side of people who dislike the way Bad Sport is implemented. I like the idea, but you should be able to kill people while they are in their cars in a Grand Theft Auto game without worrying about blowing it up. They should try to find a way to punish spawn killers, as that is real bad Sportsmanship. Everybody needs to leave a game or blow up a car from time to time, nobody needs to kill somebody right as they spawn over and over again. 

Edit: Otherwise, I am one of the relatively small number of people in this forum who actually loves this game. I just don't like the way my Bad Sporting went down. If I hadn't gotten away with destroying so many cars in the past, I never would have blown up those four last night. 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 11 November 2013 - 08:30 PM.

There hasn't been a single session where I haven't gotten my regular $1k GS bonus, even after blowing up several vehicles, so I'm really hoping for some concrete answers.

Last night I just got the AP Pistol, and after destroying a cop car that was chasing me with just one clip I realized that it's probably not a great idea to use it on any player that decides to pursue me. Things a f*cking beast.

geckits4301
  • geckits4301

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

For me, I have blown at least maybe 20 people's PV if not more but since I span it out over a period of time, I am still a clean player. Pay attention to your stats, when you reach dodgy status be careful. But my guess is once you hit dodgy then you're probably aiming for BS lobby

Where does it show Clean/Dodgy/Dirty?  I've looked for this, but can't find it.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Where does it show Clean/Dodgy/Dirty?  I've looked for this, but can't find it.

Start -> Online -> Players 

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by willeyj, 11 November 2013 - 08:32 PM.

I am not sure how it works either but I find if you regulate your destruction and not go ham on every personal vehicle in a lobby you will be ok. I try to reserve it for special occasions like when someone mows you over or if there is a vehicle that is messing with me with multiple players. Do some missions/races in between free roam rampages. I have destroyed a lot of PV's and have never moved off of Clean Player.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Edit: Otherwise, I am one of the relatively small number of people in this forum who actually loves this game. 

I don't think the number is that small, I just think the people who hate the game are so vocal about it that it seems they outnumber the people who love it 10 to 1. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the people who absolutely love the game aren't in denial about the issues with it, which is something the haters don't seem to understand (LOL GET OFF R*'S DICK U FCKIN FGT). 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 12 November 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Another question to add.

A crew member became a Bad Sport last night (unintentionally), but after a couple commendations we managed to get him Dodgy Player status. Later on when we tried to race there were some issues, but it didn't say anything regarding his player status. All 3 of us that were on tried hosting, but only the Dodgy Player couldn't join, even though we could still play in the same free roam. Could that be the issue, even though he was a Dodgy Player and not a Bad Sport? When you can't play with someone because of their player status does it tell you?

Expanding on that, is that amount of commendations required to bring someone back to Clean Player from Bad Sport directly related to the amount of vehicles destroyed? I don't think he was actually reported, since the vehicles he destroyed belonged to a player who was legitimately a douchebag. 

This seems to be just one more topic no one has any concrete answers on. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users