Songs from V into SA

6 replies to this topic
hc41
  • hc41

The Project

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Is it possible to put the songs from V into the corresponding radio station in SA? For example, putting "Higher Love" from V in the K-DST station in SA.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Yyess. Play around with SAAT carefully and you should be able to import some songs into the game :p

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Good luck... I don't think I've ever seen a successful replacement of any type of audio without serious bugs. I've looked at many (but not all) ingenius attempts and always found something broken somewhere. As I recall, you have to import the same file type with exactly the same track length in exactly the same spot etc. Otherwise there's a wide range of predictable and unpredictable results.

Test what I'm saying by removing or editing 1 station. You will discover blank sound when there should be audio, and/or a station that only plays 1 track and then nothing, and/or an inability to change stations in-game unless you re-scan your mp3 directory etc. Not fun at all.

Read the tutorials for sure and really, best of luck to you. :)

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

you have to import the same file type with exactly the same track length in exactly the same spot etc. Otherwise there's a wide range of predictable and unpredictable results.

That's only an issue (yet) with SFX, not with streams.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Mmmm but I'm not convinced. From simple experiments, messing with stream files breaks the radio. You can't remove the adverts one. You can't replace one station with another. You can't remove a station either. Hello bugs. I think I tried every combo imaginable.

In a final experiment: I removed the adverts stream file and each radio stream file completely and filled the user track folder with mp3s. I had to manually scan the user track folder at first game launch but after that: All radio stations would automatically play music from that directory. Interesting. Each station started at the first song in that folder and would play for a prescripted amount of time and then dead air. The user track station played as it should. What do you make of this behavior?

I would love a modified adverts stream that has the same exact duration and file structure but instead of ads, plays nothing but radio static or emergency broadcast beeps. That would be useful for testing purposes... And a few mods.

As an aside, does anyone actually know how much data (or duration) can be played from the user track directory if the stations and adverts are left in place and intact? (I love the default radio but I was trying to make a clean version of it for someone else.)

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Why dont you just put the mp3 files in a folder and make a script that disables radio stations and plays a file randomly whenever the player is in a car ? 

• SergeantSavidge likes this

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by Midnightz, 26 November 2013 - 01:02 AM.

Why?  I can't make the radio name text (at the top of the screen) disappear... permanently.  The solution for this crashes the game when executed more than once.  So, if I simply bypass the built in radio with my own, there will always be an on-screen text mismatch or an eventual game crash.  This is also why released radio hud replacements do not work as intended.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users