Photo

Vehicle Statistics and Upgrades

6 replies to this topic
Flash525
  • Flash525

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

A little bit of confusion that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me clear up.

In the garage, you can upgrade your engine, transmission and can add turbo to your vehicle. On the statistics bar that comes with any given vehicle, the acceleration bar can be maxed out simply by applying turbo, thus what is the point of upgrading your transmission or engine?

Likewise, if I were to max out the acceleration on say, the Coil Voltic, and then max it out on a Vacca, would both cars then have the same acceleration? If the bar looks maxed out on both vehicles, then surely they're performing the same on that specific bit? The only thing you can't change is the overall speed. Brakes can be altered ever so slightly, and (apparently) so can traction with the suspension.

But yeah, what's the deal with the acceleration boosts?

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by Car Lover, 10 November 2013 - 08:10 PM.

The benefits extend beyond the stat bar.  Put them all on.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Are you sure about that? What's the point in having a stat bar that is inaccurate?

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

The benefits extend beyond the stat bar.  Put them all on.

This. When I put a turbo on my banshee it was maxed out. But after adding the transmission mods it really was faster off the line.

Only wish we had more options for braking/handling and top speed

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'd love to see a few more tuning options - I can imagine that when the content creator arrives, a lot of drag racing maps will be created, and a gear ratio tuning option would be f*cking glorious.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Stat bars never tell the truth in any game. Ever.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by Flash525, 11 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

This. When I put a turbo on my banshee it was maxed out. But after adding the transmission mods it really was faster off the line.

Only wish we had more options for braking/handling and top speed

I wish we had more options in general. I wouldn't mind turning my Elgy into something out of Tokyo Drift (neon lights, a crazy paint job etc). Shame they couldn't give us some custom paint art to utilize.

I'd love to see a few more tuning options - I can imagine that when the content creator arrives, a lot of drag racing maps will be created, and a gear ratio tuning option would be f*cking glorious.

Tragic. If races turn out to be anything like they are at the moment, people will be create as many short races as possible; easy wins, easy money, no challenge, no skill. Wave goodbye to enjoyment people.

Stat bars never tell the truth in any game. Ever.

Well that's a lot of good. How are any of us suppose to see how good/bad our vehicles are when our upgrades are not shown true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users