Photo

Confirming theories using the game files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic
kifflom50
  • kifflom50

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by kifflom50, 10 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

We are often running in circles and we need better methods of testing our theories. We don't have much to go on, but the game files can give us insight to what goes on in R*'s head. The majority of the files have meaningful names.

Here is a full list of All the game files taken from a retail XBOX version of the game:

https://drive.google...edit?usp=sharir

Unlike previous releases of the game files, this list includes 100% of what's available in the game. There were zero extraction errors, double checked

You can view the list of files using your browser or any text editor like notepad (it is plain text about 9MB).

Keep in mind this is only a list of the file names - it does not include the files themselves. If you see an interesting file, you can request it and somebody with game file access can make it available.
  • PedoneRosso likes this

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Nice try "joined 42 mins ago" kid

kifflom50
  • kifflom50

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nice try to do what?

I opened this account for the sole purpose of sharing this file.

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Nice try "joined 42 mins ago" kid

It's legit, dude.

• theGTAking101 likes this

kifflom50
  • kifflom50

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by kifflom50, 10 November 2013 - 07:29 PM.

The textures for the Chiliad glyphs have the word "clue" in their title. You can search the list for words like these and locate interesting files. Regarding the glyphs, they're not new, this was already discovered and posted about several times.

All the searches with the word "ufo" correspond to the 4 ufos we know about. So nothing new there either.

This list includes detailed files for all the weapon and vehicle textures and models. It is worth to note that all vehicles and weapons have been accounted for and there's nothing that looks like a jet pack.

Also, the file list includes detailed lists of all the animation files (like getting into helicopter, putting on parachute). The animations have very descriptive names. There is no animation that looks related to a jet pack.

The purpose of this file list is not to discover the jetpack or new ufos, this has already been attempted in previous posts.

The purpose of this list is to help confirm theories. Nothing more. For example, people theorized that the eye in the mural is actually not an eye at all. But right next to the mural texture there's a file called "redeye" which probably refers to the drawing under the Chiliad platform. If the file is named "eye" then this is probably what it's supposed to be. So instead of running in circles, we should probably make this assumption and move forward.

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

The textures for the Chiliad glyphs have the word "clue" in their title. You can search the list for words like these and locate interesting files. Regarding the glyphs, they're not new, this was already discovered and posted about several times.

All the searches with the word "ufo" correspond to the 4 ufos we know about. So nothing new there either.

This list includes detailed files for all the weapon and vehicle textures and models. It is worth to note that all vehicles and weapons have been accounted for and there's nothing that looks like a jet pack.

Also, the file list includes detailed lists of all the animation files (like getting into helicopter, putting on parachute). The animations have very descriptive names. There is no animation that looks related to a jet pack.

The purpose of this file list is not to discover the jetpack or new ufos, this has already been attempted in previous posts.

The purpose of this list is to help confirm theories. Nothing more. For example, people theorized that the eye in the mural is actually not an eye at all. But right next to the mural texture there's a file called "redeye" which probably refers to the drawing under the Chiliad platform. If the file is named "eye" then this is probably what it's supposed to be. So instead of running in circles, we should probably make this assumption and move forward.

Thanks for sharing bro I'm having a look through right now.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Solving mysteries and myths are less fun that way.

• epoxi likes this

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 10 November 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Yes, of course, it's way more fun to be a delusional freak who can't get over the fact that there's no big thing to be found anymore. Plus seeing "clues" in textures, the way peds move and anything else. Oh my what a jolly way to "solve mysteries and myths"!

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yes, of course, it's way more fun to be a delusional freak who can't get over the fact that there's no big thing to be found anymore. Plus seeing "clues" in textures, the way peds move and anything else. Oh my what a jolly way to "solve mysteries and myths"!

No big thing to be found anymore?

Lol...the game is just 2 months out and San andreas is 9 years out and people still are finding new mysteries and mythes.

Some people really lost their patience..

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

You just proved my point by mentioning San Andreas and its "mysteries and myths". Sure, let's go hunt that nonexistent bigfoot all over again. Or maybe Pigsy. Or maybe the serial killer.

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

You just proved my point by mentioning San Andreas and its "mysteries and myths". Sure, let's go hunt that nonexistent bigfoot all over again. Or maybe Pigsy. Or maybe the serial killer.

This. If there was a jetpack it would be in the files, wouldnt be this hard to find, and if it was hard to find we definitely wouldve found it by now. 

• dakotabiscan likes this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

is "Optimus Prime" also in the list?

HellCattX
  • HellCattX

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Just a quick tib bit, This game USES CLOUD technology, IF R*  had a big secret, the files would be in there, so people could NOT find them.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

See?

There is no jetpack...

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by HakatoX, 11 November 2013 - 12:28 PM.

now you guys can go pat yourselves on the back and rest easy tonight....

You completely crushed other's good time.

I don't get this mad push to make ppl stop hunting... 

Are they ruining your game experience or how you play?

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

now you guys can go pat yourselves on the back and rest easy tonight....

I don't get this mad push to make ppl stop hunting... 

Are they ruining your game experience or how you play?

They're pretty much ruining my patience and dignity. I'm a 31 year old man, I shouldn't feel compelled to argue with children over the internet about my sexuality because I believe a frigging jetpack isn't in a frigging computer game.

• ParanoiaX and gnad like this

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:34 PM Edited by HakatoX, 11 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

They're pretty much ruining my patience and dignity. I'm a 31 year old man, I shouldn't feel compelled to argue with children over the internet about my sexuality because I believe a frigging jetpack isn't in a frigging computer game.

Um okay?

36 year old man as of last friday.....

Sorry for being a pain in your ass.....

As for the knocking on your sexuality... 

The actions of a few is staining the rest?

You are better than that....

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Wolfhuman, 11 November 2013 - 09:28 PM.

*edit some misspelling

When you reply, at least quote my post.

I didn't prove your point, i said: people are still finding NEW mysteries and myths.

How do you know if there is no big to be found anymore, the game is just 2 months old!

At least some people still try to keep the game fun while others (maybe without even knowing). ruin it,

AnEvilVet
  • AnEvilVet

Bunny

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

Um okay?

36 year old man as of last friday.....

Sorry for being a pain in your ass.....

As for the knocking on your sexuality... 

The actions of a few is staining the rest?

You are better than that....

Sorry dude, I'm not referring to you.  I get some sh*tty PMs when people find out that I'm both gay and someone that doesn't believe the jetpack is in the game.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:58 AM Edited by HakatoX, 12 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Sorry dude, I'm not referring to you.  I get some sh*tty PMs when people find out that I'm both gay and someone that doesn't believe the jetpack is in the game.

I give two sh*ts if yer gay.... 

I still think yer an asshole :pp

Nah, I get it. I do. 

It's hard to be realistic when everyone around you is in a fantasy land or visa versa.

Don't let it get to you. 

We have covered some major ground in this game.

Be it Killers, Eggs, or Glyphs. 

Let's keep rolling like we do....

Like a hat full of assholes!

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Just a quick tib bit, This game USES CLOUD technology, IF R*  had a big secret, the files would be in there, so people could NOT find them.

I don't think you know what cloud technology is. It used to be called "servers" before the marketing people decided to rebrand it. The single player game doesn't access the online servers at all, the online game only accesses them to save. The game isn't using any remote processing or storage of assets.

Unplug your network and try to play GTAV and you'll find it still works.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for sharing man.

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

this is what you call a 'good time'?

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

this is what you call a 'good time'?

It really depends....

I enjoy a community effort.
I enjoy a good puzzle.
I dig mysteries, not so much conspiracy theories.

I don't really like retreading old ground.
Having people go out of their way to prove me crazy, dumb, daft, socially inept, or all of the above.... Not so much.

But I'm no summer peach either.

So, to be truly honest.
Yes, I enjoy this time interacting with others....

DexterII
  • DexterII

What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't think you know what cloud technology is. It used to be called "servers" before the marketing people decided to rebrand it. The single player game doesn't access the online servers at all, the online game only accesses them to save. The game isn't using any remote processing or storage of assets.

Unplug your network and try to play GTAV and you'll find it still works.

I could be mistaken. I thought the stock market BAWSAQ used online servers in single player.

BlastDoorMap
  • BlastDoorMap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by BlastDoorMap, 13 November 2013 - 02:05 AM.

San andreas is 9 years out and people still are finding new mysteries and mythes

No, they're not.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Did i just read that these are textures ._.

DCXMillions
  • DCXMillions

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

here this info was posted by /u/WarBob over here

http://www.reddit.co...cret_weapon_02/

I didn't see these files in your "complete" list which seems a bit odd unless i searched retarded. You also want to check his reddit post he lists an impressive amount special files but these ones really stood out to me

==================================================

UFO 2 - Los Santos Downtown UFO gta5_citye\downtown_01\dt1_tc_rpf\dt1_tc_dufo.xtd

rsn_os_specialfloaty2_light2

rsn_os_specialfloaty2_light

rsn_os_specialfloaty2

Notice something strange? No mention of the hippy camp UFO or the Fort Zancudo UFO, and UFO 2 above is referenced to be part of downtown. Dun dun dun.

Before anyone suggests that the Downtown UFO is from the cutscene with Michael, I found that here (though feel free to correct me if someone discovers something that proves this to be incorrect)::

UFO N/A - Drug UFO gta5\generic\cutsobjects_rpf\p_spinning_anus_s.xdr

rsn_os_specialfloatymetal_n

rsn_os_specialfloatymetal

P_Spinning_Anus_S_Main

P_Spinning_Anus_S_Root

p_spinning_anus_s.

"cutsobjects" refers to "cutscene objects".

It's also hilarious dubbed a "Spinning Anus".

====================================================

Seems to be a clear distinction between the UFO files for Michael's abduction and then other files for an undiscovered UFO downtown? And judging by the 2 specialfloaty lights and the other files it's not just some weak prop it's more like the one at FZ?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

We have an entire thread dedicated to the game file hunt:

http://gtaforums.com...e-mystery-hunt/