Photo

Entity XF - Best Offroading Vehicle ?

34 replies to this topic
twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I just recently saved up enough for a fully custo Entity. After off-roading with it , i threw on some off-roading tires and oh my god this thing is incredible. Its very light-weight and has great brakes and handling , and of course is ridiculously fast. If you have the resources i highly encourage an Entity , i got rid of my truck specifically for my off-roading Entity. 

0_0.jpg

Not the best pic , but you get the idea ;)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

I think this would be much better in the Cheats & Tricks section

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Cheats and Tricks ? its not really a cheat or a trick.. more or less a debate / tip ? I wanted others to throw me some opinion , maybe others have given there super car a dirt bath ? Im not in the know how of moving threads but if another person hints that i should ill delve deeper. Besides that point , what did you think of my Off-Roading Entity ?

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Dude i didnt even realize your signature.. Ive ben trying to uncover various deets on North Yankton. I give you respect for noticing its obvious glamour and ability to be more than just a scene for 2 missions. Ill have to check out your thread you have linked to it. Good job man  :r*:

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Do the tires really affect driving?

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Do the tires really affect driving?

Yes it does - all tire types change slightly from one another. No statistics change but you can experiment and find out that it does vary the way it handles / drives. 

For Example , Offroad effects obvious all terrain better , if you notice once u hit dirt you go faster.

Tuner gives more grip to the street

Muscle gives a more driftier ride , etc etc

Wug
  • Wug

Wez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Great focking news!

Spoiler

Why can't people pay attention?

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Great focking news!

Spoiler

Why can't people pay attention?

I dont understand lol

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

With enough momentum anything can go offroad with ease, the deal is can you rock crawl with a car so low to the ground, can you cross a river without jumping it??  See I believe to be an offroad vehicle it has to meet certain requirements.

1. it needs to sit at least 2 feet off the ground, imo higher the better.

2. Ramping off any incline does not make it offroad, speed+momentum means anything can do jumps. It has to be able to climb not jump and must be able to go over rocks. Again Crawling not Jumping.

3. Durability. if it explodes from high falls it's no good, I've had trucks fall off the western face of Mt. Chiliad and survive.  I don't know if armor in the game makes all vehicles equally durable, maybe testing needs to be done. 

4. Does it look like a Redneck's wet dream, like a lifted pickup, because if you show up at an offroad event in real life with a supercar everyone will immediately think your about to make an expensive mistake and laugh at you.  It's gotta look offroad, big tires, lifted suspension. roll cage. etc.

Whenever I start a mission, we all run to our vehicles, I jump in my Bodhi, the other players usually jump in entitys or adders.  They immediately run offroad as if to say "We're better at offroad than your truck."  I follow them then laugh my butt off when my truck passes their supercars because they spun out or hit a tree or hit a rock.  Even better is when they jump and can't control it.  Is there a tortoise and the hare parable in their? My point is that you gotta be offroad, offroad mindset where your preparing ahead for whats in front of you. You know you can trust your ride because you've been everywhere in it and it's never failed you or you've claimed insurance on it because you've lost it in a river 15 times a day like a do or get it stuck nose down between 2 huge rocks so you have to use a frag to destroy it.  When I blow up my Bodhi I pay like 200 bucks insurance, how much do you have to pay for Entity?

• Cutter De Blanc and WildBrick142 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Carrera ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Quite a shame that a supercar is the best offroading vehicle. :dozing:

• twc97 likes this

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

With enough momentum anything can go offroad with ease, the deal is can you rock crawl with a car so low to the ground, can you cross a river without jumping it??  See I believe to be an offroad vehicle it has to meet certain requirements.

2. Ramping off any incline does not make it offroad, speed+momentum means anything can do jumps. It has to be able to climb not jump and must be able to go over rocks. Again Crawling not Jumping.

3. Durability. if it explodes from high falls it's no good, I've had trucks fall off the western face of Mt. Chiliad and survive.  I don't know if armor in the game makes all vehicles equally durable, maybe testing needs to be done. 

4. Does it look like a Redneck's wet dream, like a lifted pickup, because if you show up at an offroad event in real life with a supercar everyone will immediately think your about to make an expensive mistake and laugh at you.  It's gotta look offroad, big tires, lifted suspension. roll cage. etc.

Whenever I start a mission, we all run to our vehicles, I jump in my Bodhi, the other players usually jump in entitys or adders.  They immediately run offroad as if to say "We're better at offroad than your truck."  I follow them then laugh my butt off when my truck passes their supercars because they spun out or hit a tree or hit a rock.  Even better is when they jump and can't control it.  Is there a tortoise and the hare parable in their? My point is that you gotta be offroad, offroad mindset where your preparing ahead for whats in front of you. You know you can trust your ride because you've been everywhere in it and it's never failed you or you've claimed insurance on it because you've lost it in a river 15 times a day like a do or get it stuck nose down between 2 huge rocks so you have to use a frag to destroy it.  When I blow up my Bodhi I pay like 200 bucks insurance, how much do you have to pay for Entity?

I get you like your trucks but your rather hostile towards my Entity. I can assure you my Entity is better , atleast in my opinion. I can go up inclines at about 70-80 degrees ( yes really , its f*cking incredible ). Its insanely durable , ive never blown it up due to offroading. The low height off the ground gives it more of a base and helps it go up inclines. It can cross rivers due to its high speed ( both jumping over them and driving through them , ive driven through huge bodies of water ). The whole people would laugh at real life events ? thats just it no one in the world would offroad with a super car so i dont see your point. It looks great , has offroad tires and a sexy offroad-esque paint job. Sure it doesnt have a lift kit but like i said , this adds to its base and speed ratio. It can go over rocks , it can jump better than any vehicles ive used including Rebel and Sand King XL.. its just OMHO the best offroading but im open to discussion , i apprecaite your input. 

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Quite a shame that a supercar is the best offroading vehicle. :dozing:

Its so crazy , it might just work lol

Tabrizi
  • Tabrizi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Well twx97 is mostly correct not because this can be done in real life. in gta games especially gta 5 you can pretty much take anything on a mountain and it will go if u can manage control of the vehicle. I have an adder and it goes on mountains easily...which isn't great or a good news at all. The fact the entity can crawl up mountains like that are WILDLY UNREALISTIC.but what to say the game physics engine has no restriction whatsoever its just designed that way.

Its one one of the few things i would like to suggest rockstar. GTA cars and things should be Balanced. like i said FUEL will add balance economy etc etc so a Dillentte is also a respectable car, similarly OFF ROAD cars should be important if ur really gonna go off road just like in real life. Whats the point of creating and wasting so many time in developing something that people would never like to drive or pay attention..

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

The motorcycles are the best off-road vehicles. I'm not speaking about the dirt bikes either.

• Jordando likes this

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

The motorcycles are the best off-road vehicles. I'm not speaking about the dirt bikes either.

yeah the Bati rr blows the competition away during of road.

and as for the entity, it is the car with the most traction in its status bars.

like the previous post, it is all about momentum.

and armor makes your car stronger with crashes.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

It bugs the hell out of me that supercars don't simply get stuck in the mud or get wedged on rocks etc. Evenmore annoying is the fact that the 4x4 /awd cars are few and far between and when you do find one, they still behave like a rwd. I love taking time out in my merryweather offroader to... go offroading but, why the hell is in not 4x4?

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

sure supercars can fly up mountains but no, its not a better offroader.. they dont even climb over low walls. or other cars.

or actual rocks.

skralogy
  • skralogy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Nope offroaders are worthless. I can do everything better in a super car or sports car,  they can go up way steeper hills than an offroad vehicle(except sanchez). they can also be driven slowly and crawl up a hill. Offroad vehicles should give you that "holy crap it is still climbing" feeling but they dont. heck the sedans can climb just as far as a sand king they just can go over guardrails and rocks

fdmp1
  • fdmp1

Rare Car Collecterzofficia

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I disagree I think Sultan RS is considering it is a 4 wheel drive and a replica of the Subra (Rally car) To find them: Take a bravado Gauntlet to sandy shores, THEY SPAWN EVERYWHERE!

idrift
  • idrift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

I disagree I think Sultan RS is considering it is a 4 wheel drive and a replica of the Subra (Rally car) To find them: Take a bravado Gauntlet to sandy shores, THEY SPAWN EVERYWHERE!

S U B A R U

idrift
  • idrift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

The adder is a better off roader than the entity (I have had both for weeks now) you can climb near vertical faces if you approach them correctly, it is 4wd with good soft suspension as standard to soak up all of the bumps, I will have to test out your tire theory..

DFL8
  • DFL8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by DFL8, 12 November 2013 - 07:57 PM.

I just took my vette up chiliad and I gotta say... What the hell R*? Those cars can't get through the really gnarly stuff but still, the amount of traction you get with a fast car on a steep grade is insane.

Maybe the byproduct of such an authentic world is that the inconsistencies become that much more apparent. They have to serve the gameplay first, and if none of th cars could go very far off-road, people would shift focus on the cops being impossible to outrun unless on the city... I think.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

single file line str8 out the do'

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

sucks that a low slung car can climb up mountains with ease.

car balancing is just f*cking ruined. In GTA4, a Super GT (slowest supecar) and the Comet (fastest) both have an equal chance of winning. In V, you NEED a fully tuned Entity or Adder, otherwise you have no chance of winning unless you're racing a moron.

I mean f*ck, even doing offroad bike races. What's the f*cking point in the Sanchez if the Double T is STILL faster offroad? What's the point in the trucks in the offroad class when the Sanchez would win? Can the trucks take alternate routes and climb up hills, or smash through objects? NO. The only thing that matters in this game is speed. Traction? What's the f*cking point in a traction stat, if EVERY car has sh*tloads of grip? Braking? Yeah, like you need to brake in a game where you can steer 90 degrees at high speeds.

There's only two games I've seen where you have a good chance of winning no matter what type of car you use. Burnout Paradise and Motorstorm.

Burnout Paradise less, because you could just win with an F1 anyway. If nobody uses the F1 or the Extreme Hot Rod, then even muscle cars have a good chance of winning. And each class had an advantage. With a muscle car you can ram people off the road, with a sports car you can take jumps and corners better, and with supercars you have more speed, but only if you can keep it up by chaining your boosts, NOT by holding R2 and pretending to be a "sick street racer" like in GTAV.

KillaBlaze
  • KillaBlaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I think it is really stupid that a supercar can climb better than a jeep in this game because it is SOOO unrealistic. What is the point of having a car for offroading if a supercar can outdo it. It defeats the whole purpose of even having jeeps and trucks in this game!

C4-_-GIBBfather
  • C4-_-GIBBfather

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

Wy care about wich whicle are the best? Every car offers a different kind of challenge. I have spend like 50+H offroading in gtao with 4 different trucks. I ditched the supercars for offroad after 5 minutes beqouse it was not fun or challening. An beside i like to keep it as real as i can. :)

To bad the offroad aspect of the game dident get a bigger fokus from launch. hopfully we may see a offroad dlc in future and mayby.... just mayby they do something about the weird physics in the offroad driving aspect.

I would love to see that no 2wd vickle coud tackle mc for example. and some mud/dirt aspect where non offroad cars get stuck!

DFL8
  • DFL8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I would love to see that no 2wd vickle coud tackle mc for example. and some mud/dirt aspect where non offroad cars get stuck!

Adding mud would be phenomenal. Even if it wasn't so much a visual thing (for implementation purposes and practicality), and it was just a matter of traction... Earlier in the thread I said that the cars can't get through the real gnarly stuff, but that turns out to not be true as I shot up a 4ft tall rock in the vette and it launched me into the air up the hill about 15 in game feet. Sigh...

KillaBlaze
  • KillaBlaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

Adding mud would be phenomenal. Even if it wasn't so much a visual thing (for implementation purposes and practicality), and it was just a matter of traction... Earlier in the thread I said that the cars can't get through the real gnarly stuff, but that turns out to not be true as I shot up a 4ft tall rock in the vette and it launched me into the air up the hill about 15 in game feet. Sigh...

+1 for mud

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

The adder is a better off roader than the entity (I have had both for weeks now) you can climb near vertical faces if you approach them correctly, it is 4wd with good soft suspension as standard to soak up all of the bumps, I will have to test out your tire theory..

Let me know how your results turn out on that tire theory , im nearly positive its correct. 

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

I think it is really stupid that a supercar can climb better than a jeep in this game because it is SOOO unrealistic. What is the point of having a car for offroading if a supercar can outdo it. It defeats the whole purpose of even having jeeps and trucks in this game!

I know what you mean i expected a Jeep to be wayyy better than it is , very dissapointing. I feel more balanced cars would be a great thing.. And COMPLETELY agree with the Dirt/Mud aspect , that would be awesome. I have seen mud near sandy/watery areas and its fun as hell to drift in , would like to see more of that for sure. 

twc97
  • twc97

Herbalistic

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Well twx97 is mostly correct not because this can be done in real life. in gta games especially gta 5 you can pretty much take anything on a mountain and it will go if u can manage control of the vehicle. I have an adder and it goes on mountains easily...which isn't great or a good news at all. The fact the entity can crawl up mountains like that are WILDLY UNREALISTIC.but what to say the game physics engine has no restriction whatsoever its just designed that way.

Its one one of the few things i would like to suggest rockstar. GTA cars and things should be Balanced. like i said FUEL will add balance economy etc etc so a Dillentte is also a respectable car, similarly OFF ROAD cars should be important if ur really gonna go off road just like in real life. Whats the point of creating and wasting so many time in developing something that people would never like to drive or pay attention..

+1 , great points and great ideas. I would love to see Rockstar clean up the balancing , really would be great. Not just making a certain advantage in one area but disadvantages in others , it seems bad cars are overall bad cars , and super cars can do anything. It is cool , but i would deff. like to see a change..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users