Photo

Does anyone think the driving in IV feels more "natural" than

67 replies to this topic
peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by peluche503, 14 February 2014 - 10:15 PM.

The only thing V is more realistic at, from my experience, is... not going to lie there isn't really anything I can think of.
From my experience, IV is more like driving in real life. The lack of weight shifting in V is odd because if you observe the way cars steer in real life, you'll see body roll is prevelant -- boatyness in other words, lol.

The turns in GTA IV are not realistic, a real car makes turns fast and doesn't feel like you are slipping off the street or driving in snowy roads , it almost makes you feel like you are driving a boat and also how is a car supposed to slip in good streets. that is not very unrealistic. Especially if the car is heavy and they seem to be manual as well. In GTA V the turns are more realistic and the lack of weight depends on the car you have and cars are better in drifting. GTA IV is more realistic when it comes when it comes to damage, but that's it. As far as the driving difficulty in GTA IV, I've never really had a hard time getting used to the driving, it was easy. So I don't feel like I accomplished nothing.
You've never been behind the wheel of a car nor observed one have you? You cannot say all cars are easy to turn and you cannot say cars slipped when they turned in IV because that is subjective. In the real world, if you are speeding hard into a corner and then steer, you will feel some slip most of the time and you will too in IV, precisely that is the only time you would in IV. When you drive like a normal NPC in IV, turning is easy. Same in real life if you turn like a safe driver. But you are saying it is unrealistic for a car to slip whilst turning in IV but you are probably basing that off of an observation that involved said car in IV speeding. Comparing that to turning into a corner safely in real life is rubbish.

And in real life, try to steer into a corner at a high speed in a basic car, muscle car, or heavy luxury car. It will slip. Of course Ferrari's can, but not always depending on the conditions, have more grip and slip, as well as some other modern performance cars that aren't really torquey like AMG's or Continental GT's, but comparing those to an average car in IV? How ludicrous.

What I meant was safe turns not fast speed turns, also you clearly haven't read my other posts in which I gave I made some corrections. I like both handlings in each of those games for reasons stated.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

For anyone interested how ridiculous GTA V's driving can feel if you've downloaded the latest update to get the Valentine's Day Massacre pack to get the Roosevelt (A 1920s/1930s era sedan) it turns as sharp, accelerates and brakes just as good as any sports car.

The turns in GTA IV are not realistic, a real car makes turns fast and doesn't feel like you are slipping off the street or driving in snowy roads , it almost makes you feel like you are driving a boat and also how is a car supposed to slip in good streets. that is not very unrealistic. Especially if the car is heavy and they seem to be manual as well. In GTA V the turns are more realistic and the lack of weight depends on the car you have and cars are better in drifting. GTA IV is more realistic when it comes when it comes to damage, but that's it. As far as the driving difficulty in GTA IV, I've never really had a hard time getting used to the driving, it was easy. So I don't feel like I accomplished nothing.

Real life cars don't make corners like they're stiff wooden boxes being pushed along the ground either. I've driven plenty of cars from gutless 4 cylinders to high performance V8 sedans and apart from the exaggerated bodyroll GTA IV is much closer to real life than GTA V is.

Cars in GTA IV actually feel like they've got suspension and react differently to different surface changes. GTA V is the complete opposite where everything feels stiff and rigid. I bet if I drove a car up a gutter it would be more like what's in GTA IV rather than GTA V where they behave like there's no gutter in their way.

GTA V's driving is in no way realistic. I don't see anything wrong with preferring them or saying they're more fun. People have different preferences after all, but to claim it's more realistic in any fashion is absurd.

Umm, I see what you are saying, I been able to look at it and you're right but the turns in GTA IV aren't really close to real life either, and I'm saying this just because I just drove my car to see if the turns were like the one V's and no they weren't.

As for the corners in GTA IV, the turns you make are very slippery and take up too much space like if you're trying to make a U turn as opposed to real cars take an exact of space to make corners.

Now I'll be honest the driving IV doesn't feel that natural but it does manage to give you that sense which is good for a game. But by no means is GTA 5 bad at it's handling because is almost just as fun IV's and by customizing the car you can give actual feel of suspension in it. But to be honest I feel that driving in GTA 5 fits to its environment and GTA 4's handling wouldn't have, the same goes with IV's handling, it fits it's own environment. So both games handling are good at vehicle handling.
I read your post. Happy now?

I see your point albeit I still disagree that the turns are slippery and am so so when you say turns take up to much space. Cars like the Oracle or Presidente are heavier and take a lot of effort to make sharper turns, hell I drove the Oracle in a faster pace yesterday and it understeered so badly that sometimes I crashed. You just cannot drive some cars as if they're 3200 pounds.

Now driving at a considerate speed, cars like the Oracle are smooth, easy to turn albeit you do feel the weight. I've never had trouble turning at slower speeds unless I have forgotten to brake at the right points or pressed on the gas mid-corner which often led to oversteer or severe understeer.

It really is subjective, comparing a real car to a car in a video game. What type of car do you have? I wandered around the 6post forum and found a BMW 650i owner who said his car felt like a boat compared to a 335i. I've seen reviewers claim that some Mercedes AMG models are a bit slippy around town at slower speeds.

MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

you may be on to something here, when i played gta iv on pc it was a NIGHTMARE, but when i played it on ps3 is wan't all that bad, so maybe gta v on pc will feel differently, but to be honest i still don't like the driving in gta iv neither pc nor ps3

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

I loved the handling of the blista compact.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I disagree. I  personally think the driving in GTA IV sucks, to be honest. It's like driving a boat, on land. The driving in GTA V is not necesserily good. but alot better. And the thing about IV that sucks even more, is the engine sounds. Every damn car in the game sounds EXACTLY the same. 

Don't get me wrong GTA IV was a great game, just saying that the driving was not good. 

Lol at the Ratloader's V8 with just headers that sounds like a Nissan pathfinder. I was sooooo choked with my first drive.

+1 for missing IV's physics.
  • JRC99 likes this

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by peluche503, 18 February 2014 - 09:31 PM.

For anyone interested how ridiculous GTA V's driving can feel if you've downloaded the latest update to get the Valentine's Day Massacre pack to get the Roosevelt (A 1920s/1930s era sedan) it turns as sharp, accelerates and brakes just as good as any sports car.

Real life cars don't make corners like they're stiff wooden boxes being pushed along the ground either. I've driven plenty of cars from gutless 4 cylinders to high performance V8 sedans and apart from the exaggerated bodyroll GTA IV is much closer to real life than GTA V is.

Cars in GTA IV actually feel like they've got suspension and react differently to different surface changes. GTA V is the complete opposite where everything feels stiff and rigid. I bet if I drove a car up a gutter it would be more like what's in GTA IV rather than GTA V where they behave like there's no gutter in their way.

GTA V's driving is in no way realistic. I don't see anything wrong with preferring them or saying they're more fun. People have different preferences after all, but to claim it's more realistic in any fashion is absurd.

Umm, I see what you are saying, I been able to look at it and you're right but the turns in GTA IV aren't really close to real life either, and I'm saying this just because I just drove my car to see if the turns were like the one V's and no they weren't.

As for the corners in GTA IV, the turns you make are very slippery and take up too much space like if you're trying to make a U turn as opposed to real cars take an exact of space to make corners.

Now I'll be honest the driving IV doesn't feel that natural but it does manage to give you that sense which is good for a game. But by no means is GTA 5 bad at it's handling because is almost just as fun IV's and by customizing the car you can give actual feel of suspension in it. But to be honest I feel that driving in GTA 5 fits to its environment and GTA 4's handling wouldn't have, the same goes with IV's handling, it fits it's own environment. So both games handling are good at vehicle handling.
I read your post. Happy now?

I see your point albeit I still disagree that the turns are slippery and am so so when you say turns take up to much space. Cars like the Oracle or Presidente are heavier and take a lot of effort to make sharper turns, hell I drove the Oracle in a faster pace yesterday and it understeered so badly that sometimes I crashed. You just cannot drive some cars as if they're 3200 pounds.

Now driving at a considerate speed, cars like the Oracle are smooth, easy to turn albeit you do feel the weight. I've never had trouble turning at slower speeds unless I have forgotten to brake at the right points or pressed on the gas mid-corner which often led to oversteer or severe understeer.

It really is subjective, comparing a real car to a car in a video game. What type of car do you have? I wandered around the 6post forum and found a BMW 650i owner who said his car felt like a boat compared to a 335i. I've seen reviewers claim that some Mercedes AMG models are a bit slippy around town at slower speeds.

I won't change my mind set on what I think, I feel the driving in iv is somewhat realistic but no game would ever capture the essence of driving a real car. I know that there are some cars that drive somewhat like boats, but most of the cars in IV feel slippery when making safe turns, but I still love the driving as much as the one V, and really the slippery safe turns, man who cares.

By the way I own a 2010 dodge charger, but I used it for my own purposes excluding street racing.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Well lets agree to disagree 'cause I've never slipped making safe turns. :whistle:

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Well lets agree to disagree 'cause I've never slipped making safe turns. :whistle:

Hey I might as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users