Quantcast

» «
Photo

kill the store clerk and empty the register yourself.....

41 replies to this topic
blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

i just heard a rumor and decided to try it. if you shoot the clerk with a silenced pistol and then go up the the register and press the right d pad you can empty it yourself. you get a 3 star but you get out faster and if you're robbing the gas station on the northeast part of LS you can hide behind the building next to the convenience store and the cops won't find you even with a 3 star.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

i just heard a rumor and decided to try it. if you shoot the clerk with a silenced pistol and then go up the the register and press the right d pad you can empty it yourself. you get a 3 star but you get out faster and if you're robbing the gas station on the northeast part of LS you can hide behind the building next to the convenience store and the cops won't find you even with a 3 star.

The only benefit is getting an extra star wanted level. You don't get any more cash. It's pointless, the extra wanted level is just for killing the cashier.

Bawse
  • Bawse

Get it liek me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

The only benefit is getting an extra star wanted level. You don't get any more cash. It's pointless, the extra wanted level is just for killing the cashier.

I always blast him after the robbery anyway, makes it a little more fun. Gimme ya cash and now ya life you pathetic clerk. 

• Sirpepperoni likes this

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

It's a little faster than waiting for the clerk. 

Str1p3s
  • Str1p3s

Pixel Fanatic

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by Str1p3s, 10 November 2013 - 04:55 PM.

I thought you get less cash if you kill him instead of letting him give it to you.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

That extra star is 100 more rp after losing the cops. I don't empty the reg myself. I KO the clerk and put 5 bullets in each register. That drops the cash on the floor so I can pick it up on my way out.

Jay_
  • Jay_

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

I thought you get less cash if you kill him instead of letting him give it to you.

I'm sure you do, when I kill the clerk I never get more than $800, but when I let him empty it out its above $1000 99% of the time

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yeah you get more if the clerk empties the register rather than doing it yourself, but still it's a lot faster and you're going to be on 3/4 stars anyway if you're robbing multiple stores in one session.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

You don't need to kill him, just punch him. Though he sometimes accidentally dies from a single punch, but most of the time he just tries to run to the back of the shop while you empty the register. Also if you wear a mask and then take it off, or switch to glasses when out of range of the cops it removes a wanted level.

• fw3 likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

yeah i doubt i'll do it much but i didn't know you could do that. i've had times where there was no clerk, or i accidently bitch slapped the clerk while trying to kill some wannabe hero outside.

ASDF0716
  • ASDF0716

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Just punch him and you can do the same thing while still keeping two stars.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

you do get less cash if you kill the clerk first

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Tested and proven ..

Buy stuff from clerk first..buy everything... Then when you rob him he will be carrying more that $3000 on him..

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • England

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

LOL me and a friend did that yesterday and drank ALL the pisswasser inbetween the buying and the stealing the cash back.  If only one of us had kept an eye on the radar so we could have seen the guy coming in, blow us all away and take the cash.  Duno if its a glitch or not but when i respawned i had drunk vision but not control for about 15 mins.  It made escaping his repeated attacks very hard until i reached the copter.

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

You don't need to kill him, just punch him. Though he sometimes accidentally dies from a single punch, but most of the time he just tries to run to the back of the shop while you empty the register. Also if you wear a mask and then take it off, or switch to glasses when out of range of the cops it removes a wanted level.

But, I've seen more than one shopkeeper run to the back, pull a gun, and attack. If you're going to attack the shopkeeper at all, kill him.

And a few points about disguises (masks/glasses/hats):

1) If you take off or put on a mask OR a hat OR glasses, WHILE out of the cops' sight-lines, you can reduce your wanted level by 1 star. Careful though, if you put on and take off the same item, while still wanted, it will magically shoot your wanted level back up.

2) I think (but it does not always seem to work) if you change your appearance while on a multi-shop robbing spree, you can avoid the increase in stars that normally happens (First 2 Shops: 2 Stars, Third Shop: 3 Stars, etc.).

3) Loosing a 3 Star Wanted Level earns more RP than 2 Stars, so reducing your stars with disguises will cost you a little bit of RP. Sometimes still worth it if you can't take the heat.

-

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

But, I've seen more than one shopkeeper run to the back, pull a gun, and attack. If you're going to attack the shopkeeper at all, kill him.

He's never pulled a gun on me when using this method, he has when I used a gun to hold up the store though. I just walk behind the counter, punch and open the register as quickly as possible, this blocks his path and he's just kinda running on the spot beside me.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Tested and proven ..

Buy stuff from clerk first..buy everything... Then when you rob him he will be carrying more that $3000 on him..

Noted.

Ryan_Codebreaker
  • Ryan_Codebreaker

Big Boss

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

I shoot the clerk on the hand  and they run away.  No 3 star wanted level = profit

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by Flexx, 09 February 2014 - 11:51 AM.

i just heard a rumor and decided to try it. if you shoot the clerk with a silenced pistol and then go up the the register and press the right d pad you can empty it yourself. you get a 3 star but you get out faster

You don't need a silenced pistol to empty the register yourself.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

i just destroy stuff around the clerk like a psycho!!

i've sometimes cleared $1,500 then i kill the clerk. :devil:

Easydp33
  • Easydp33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

One way to speed the clerk up if you don't have a mic or don't feel like yelling is to fire warning shots at him. I always shoot the wine liquor bottles. But it speeds him up and you only have to deal with two stars.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:52 PM Edited by Toastmasta, 10 November 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Yell at him with your mic. It's the fasted/efficient manner to getting $1000-$1700. Shooting him will give you 3 stars. I just shoot a bottle after he empties the reg to scare him off. Usually he just runs away; occasionally comes back with a gun but I'm already out the door

After robbing two your wanted level increases every time you keep robbing. As far as I know there is no way to reduce this. Starts always giving you 3 stars. Changing your disguise while hidden knocks it down to 2 stars. Finding another car after will knock it to 1 star.

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Take the money.
Shoot the wall to scare the clerk.
Easly evade 2 stars.

If I ever want the cops after me, I have more interesting ways to attract them than just robbing a stupid store.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by cwo-reynolds, 10 November 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Who cares about speed, your talking about less than 15 seconds difference if you kill the clerk and grab the cash yourself. You spend that 15 extra seconds trying to avoid a 3 star wanted level. It's stupid there's no need to rush it, cops response time will never be faster than the time it takes to hold up the clerk and have him bag up the money, assuming you didn't have the 5-0 on you before entering the store.

Edit: or if someone drives by the store you're in with a tail of police on them you might get snagged before the clerk drops the cash. Its pretty unlikely though.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Park your PV around the block..grab another vehicle...put on mask...rob store...leave in stolen vehicle...lose line of sight..drive to PV..take off mask (lose 1 star)..change vehicles (lose another star)...IF still have another star..just go into cover (lean on car or wall) to speed up lose of final star...

Always works 100% of the time..

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

My biggest problem with the clerks is if they pull a gun on me on my way out it usually causes the helicopter I was in to blink out of existence. That's why I waste him after he drops te bag of cash because you do get less from robbing the register yourself, an even less if you shoot it open.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

A rumor? I'm pretty sure they tell you this in the tutorial.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

whaat? there's no thrill in stickups like that.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Rather only get 2 stars.

And the intimidation thing is cool, and the thrill that he might shoot at you.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

just punch him, he'll run away and you can take the money

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users