Photo

Getting special crate to appear?

11 replies to this topic
AJayG
  • AJayG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

ye well as title says really. do I need to be a specific level im level 59 but never heard or seen one at all. I only ask as im going for 30 plats thing.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

ye well as title says really. do I need to be a specific level im level 59 but never heard or seen one at all. I only ask as im going for 30 plats thing.

I'd like to know this as well, 57ish and haven't seen one either only the standard crates.

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

never seen one myself either

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

I've seen like 15 special crates, never actually got one.
Lvl 90. Started seeing them at around lvl 40.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I don't think there's any additional requirements for special crates, they're just rare versions of normal crates.

You can try joining a session, waiting 5 mins to see if there's any "A special crate will drop in 10/5/3 hrs" (in game hrs so 20/10/6 mins) messages and repeatedly join new sessions looking for those messages. Or you could look for a server where crates are dropping because sometimes it seems like it drops multiple crates one after another and at other times it doesn't drop any for hours. There is also a glitch where it says a crate drop is inbound but it never actually appears and that's really frustrating for special crates.

Really though luck and time spent in free-roam will be the biggest factor in getting a special crate.

I think I've seen about 4 special crates total. Seen a couple more messages about special crates but had stuff to do so didn't stick around.

You get $5000, 5000 RP and a max ammo minigun. Plus you unlock a t-shirt at a store and complete a plat award.

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

I've never seen a regular crate. Do they look like the gang attack ones?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

You need to get a phone call from Ron introducing you to crate drops for them to activate for you (doing his missions seems to help trigger this). The actual crate looks like a gang attack crate, but they drop way out in isolated areas so you're not going to stumble on them easily and you need to hunt after them. " A crate drop is imbound" message results in a large green circle appearing on your map showing the general area of the incoming drop, "A crate has been dropped" message results in the crate appearing in game and the drop radius map icon being replaced with a crate icon showing it's precise location. Then if no players collect the crate you'll get an "Arms smugglers have collected a crate" message and the crate will disappear. If you haven't seen those messages at all then it's highly likely that crate drops aren't active for you.

If you go Start-> Stats -> Progress -> Unlocks you should see a list of the different game features and it'll tell you if they're locked or unlocked so you can double check on crate drops.

Note that you can't get crates if they aren't activated for you (crate just won't appear on your screen), compare with say gang attacks which another player can trigger for you then  you can participate in them.

Also I think I got hit by a falling crate once when I was waiting for it to land lol. (Though it seems like camping the landing zone has a increase the chance of the crate failing to drop and just not appearing).

• IOMDutch likes this

IOMDutch
  • IOMDutch

Stuntman

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

You need to get a phone call from Ron introducing you to crate drops for them to activate for you (doing his missions seems to help trigger this). The actual crate looks like a gang attack crate, but they drop way out in isolated areas so you're not going to stumble on them easily and you need to hunt after them. " A crate drop is imbound" message results in a large green circle appearing on your map showing the general area of the incoming drop, "A crate has been dropped" message results in the crate appearing in game and the drop radius map icon being replaced with a crate icon showing it's precise location. Then if no players collect the crate you'll get an "Arms smugglers have collected a crate" message and the crate will disappear. If you haven't seen those messages at all then it's highly likely that crate drops aren't active for you.

If you go Start-> Stats -> Progress -> Unlocks you should see a list of the different game features and it'll tell you if they're locked or unlocked so you can double check on crate drops.

Note that you can't get crates if they aren't activated for you (crate just won't appear on your screen), compare with say gang attacks which another player can trigger for you then  you can participate in them.

Also I think I got hit by a falling crate once when I was waiting for it to land lol. (Though it seems like camping the landing zone has a increase the chance of the crate failing to drop and just not appearing).

Nice one! thanks very much for that :)

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

I've seen 3 in the last couple days. the first one i went after and almost got it but then I got killed by another player just as I was getting ready to pick it up. the third one was last night and I didn't even bother going for it but the second one is the funny one. about an hour after I didn't get the first crate I went into a private session for some reason I just wanted to go sell a car and didn't want to be bothered. as soon as I jumped into the private session I got the message saying that the special crate was going to drop in 10 game hours so basically I got to go after a special crate with nobody else to bother me LOL. The special crate held $5000, 5000RP, a minigun, and 9999 rounds of minigun ammo (about $15k worth of ammo)

AJayG
  • AJayG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've seen 3 in the last couple days. the first one i went after and almost got it but then I got killed by another player just as I was getting ready to pick it up. the third one was last night and I didn't even bother going for it but the second one is the funny one. about an hour after I didn't get the first crate I went into a private session for some reason I just wanted to go sell a car and didn't want to be bothered. as soon as I jumped into the private session I got the message saying that the special crate was going to drop in 10 game hours so basically I got to go after a special crate with nobody else to bother me LOL. The special crate held $5000, 5000RP, a minigun, and 9999 rounds of minigun ammo (about $15k worth of ammo)

ha that's lucky maybe ill just roam about in private sessions for a while.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I got one :) I got a special T shirt for finding it. I think it helps to say in the same lobby for awhile.

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Got the message of one about to drop in 10 hours(20 min real life)
waited and defended the area

fought for it, lost connection to server like 20 seconds before it dropped.

FML

Chances are I would've gotten it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users