Photo

how much have you spent on cash cards?!

138 replies to this topic
adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

i spent £36 last night and didnt even buy tank or chopper! bought best crib and then spend loads doing up cars and making my guns gold!

LOL people buy the cash cards?

you, my friend, are a dumbass.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

i spent £36 last night and didnt even buy tank or chopper! bought best crib and then spend loads doing up cars and making my guns gold!

LOL people buy the cash cards?

you, my friend, are a dumbass.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064025261 <--- post #6

I`m glad that he is a dumbass for buying cash, but you cheating is perfectly ok.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

I will buy some soon.

Cuz legit equals epic.

you do realise, buying them is the same thing as glitching, you get lot's of money, but you're paying rockstar for not fixing any of those glitches in the first place

Its really not the same as glitching though is it?

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I will buy some soon.

Cuz legit equals epic.

you do realise, buying them is the same thing as glitching, you get lot's of money, but you're paying rockstar for not fixing any of those glitches in the first place

Yup pretty much the same

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 November 2013 - 01:57 PM.

I will buy some soon.

Cuz legit equals epic.

Yup pretty much the same

So, if I go and buy a bread with my own earned money.. is it the same as me going to steal said bread? Regardless of how good or bad the store`s alarm system is?

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Buying cash cards is not glitching. That's just retarded.

It could be seen as an unfair advantage, but then cash is easy to obtain legit in the game anyway.

I won't be buying any cash cards, I will earn my money by having fun in the game, and save real cash for future dlcs.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

$0

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

I will buy some soon.

Cuz legit equals epic.

Yup pretty much the same

Well no its not. The cash cards are worthless because nobody needs them because of the glitching. At the same time people who dont want to glitch will buy cash cards to catch up with the other glitchers. 

At least the cash cards go to the games developers who may use the money to create more features. What do the glitchers contribute other than kill the game by making everything too overpowered and taking away any goals in the game? 

GTAnger
  • GTAnger

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Why the f*ck buy cash cards when you can glitch. fa**ots wasting money, I'd rather glitch 10 million and give £36 to a charity.
  • amine-griffy likes this

amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

£36 and you blame Activision why they release the same COD every year and tons of Dlc's haha

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Zero.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

£36 and you blame Activision why they release the same COD every year and tons of Dlc's haha

Nah, that`s because morons BUY the yearly released sh*t games.. with or without his 36 :)

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Zero, I don't glitch either - I've got a top apartment and a full garage and don't really need the money for anything since a tank would be stupid and there is little point to buying a plane or boat (I do have a boat!) I may buy a helicopter at some point to use in missions.

Melissaveroza
  • Melissaveroza

Princess

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Wouldnt ever pay for one, have the apartment and full garage plus 1.5 mill inn my account from just doing missions and selling cars.

amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Nah, that`s because morons BUY the yearly released sh*t games.. with or without his 36 :)

anyway I'm done with this game rockstar failed with the online I'd rather to go back to uncharted you know even the game is
2 years old it has more players than GTAO

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

I will buy some soon.

Cuz legit equals epic.

Yup pretty much the same

So, if I go and buy a bread with my own earned money.. is it the same as me going to steal said bread? Regardless of how good or bad the store`s alarm system is?

Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
What if you have a very large family?  Is wrong to steal a truckload of bread?

And what if your family doesn't like bread, what if they like novelty clown horns and chrome paint jobs?

Is it wrong to steal a truckload of novelty clown horns and chrome paint jobs?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 November 2013 - 03:33 PM.

And what if your family doesn't like bread, what if they like novelty clown horns and chrome paint jobs?

I asked a simple question. You could save your breath if you would answer a question with another question.

Now, where is my straight, honest answer, to the question I asked?

xViLLn
  • xViLLn

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by xViLLn, 10 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

$0

iEatzNiggletz
  • iEatzNiggletz

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

im pretty well off so dont have to glitch to get money. i can just spend real money and save time. glitching money is for poor people

and buying fake money currency in a video game with REAL money is f*cking idiotic of you. Dumbass.

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

lol@ original poster for spending real money on fake pixel money that is very easily acquired. 

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

With the prices the way they are R* wants 1/3 the cost of the initial game for a Buzzard. The same Buzzard that spawns at the same locations that the one you purchase would be "delivered" to you. Whoever came up with the pricing on these things needs to have his/her head checked.

I'm one of those people that thinks real cash should only be able to purchase cosmetic items, things that don't affect gameplay. Clothes, asthetic car mods and the like.That being said I could care less if someone else wants to waste their money on it. 

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

£0 - Can't even believe people are buying them.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by EliteGamer, 10 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

I asked a simple question. You could save your breath if you would answer a question with another question.

Now, where is my straight, honest answer, to the question I asked?

Relax. I’m recycling a Simpsons joke where Fat Tony justifies obviously illegal deeds.

Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?
Fat Tony: Bart, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
Bart: No.
Fat Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?
Bart: Uh uh.
Fat Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?
Bart: I guess that's okay.
Fat Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?
Bart: Hell, no.”

Believe it or not when someone talks about stealing a truckload of novelty clown horns and chrome paint jobs to feed their starving family then they aren’t being entirely serious.

But if you want to talk serious then I’ll say the comparison with stealing from a store is silly and unjustified*. GTAO is a game and what’s more it’s a largely broken game. If the rules make sense and are properly enforced I will follow them. If the rules don’t make sense or aren’t properly enforced then it is difficult to respect them when you’re surrounded by people who flaunt them. (FYI I didn’t glitch until the 1.04 patch because after that patch I could no longer compete with glitchers whilst playing legitimately and at that stage it seemed like they were nerfing legitimate income more effectively than they were curbing glitches).

The most compelling argument against glitching is not the comparison to theft (it’s way closer to piracy than theft even), it’s the comparison to cheating. But many people no longer care about playing GTAO fair and infact having stacks of money doesn’t give you an unfair advantage it just devalues legitimate earnings (you can get everything legit, but you won’t be able to mess about as much as a glitcher).

Additionally the reason people have contempt for buying cashcards is because IT IS basically developer sanctioned cheating. "You pay us this bribe, in return we give you this advantage." Paying money for unfair advantages is frowned upon no matter how legitimate the money itself is (however paying for cosmetic items would be fine). Now it doesn't matter so much on this game because you don't need the cashcards at all and like I said more money isn't really unfair, but the concept of "money games" still strikes a sour note with many people. Games should be fun and exciting, tests of skill and strategy. Not a competition to see who has the biggest wallet, actually it's not even that... they're a competition to see who has the loosest money. 'Is it better to steal something.. or to bribe somebody to give it to you, instead of working for it yourself' I know you're going to take issue with that and it's definitely a flawed analogy.. but IMO it's still a fairer comparison than yours. Basically your money is fine, but using it to play by different rules than everybody else is something people can take issue with. You can work to pass a test, or you can cheat or you can pay to get bonus marks. Obviously I don't blame Rockstar for trying to monetize GTAO (and if there wasn't an in-game store undoubtedly people would offer a similar service illegitimately) but surely you can understand why some people would want games to be a level playing ground?

* Honestly the 2 things are worlds apart.
1) Stealing bread removes product from the owner, glitching money does not. Rockstar can and does magically produce money out of nowhere.
2) If some of your bread magically disintegrated and the owner was unable/unwilling to refund you then stealing looks a bit more justified. (I've had about $2million GTA dollar's worth of stuff disappear or fail to save before I glitched and that's clearly not covered by the stimulus package)
3) There is no implied competition to see who can amass the most bread, but there is an implied competition to accumulate cash and RP. And people will have very different ideas on what constitutes as legitimate in the first place and without any kind of rule enforcement or even a clear policy there's little reason to limit yourself.

• FJack likes this

edalad
  • edalad

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by edalad, 10 November 2013 - 05:09 PM.

OPMac+users.+ACTUALLY+FUNNY+CONTENT.+Becau

• iEatzNiggletz, WinterEdit and OA99 like this

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

In before glitchers and "zero" - oh.  Nvm.

Zenrad
  • Zenrad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Wait, cash cards are back up now?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

0 €.

/Next question.

iEatzNiggletz
  • iEatzNiggletz

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

OPMac+users.+ACTUALLY+FUNNY+CONTENT.+Becau

omg this just made my day.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 November 2013 - 05:24 PM.

[ship]

I`ll rephrase:

So, if I go and buy ingame money with my own earned money... is it the same as me going to steal said ingame money? Regardless of how good or bad the game`s state is?

The most compelling argument against glitching is not the comparison to theft (it’s way closer to piracy than theft even), it’s the comparison to cheating. But many people no longer care about playing GTAO fair and infact having stacks of money doesn’t give you an unfair advantage it just devalues legitimate earnings (you can get everything legit, but you won’t be able to mess about as much as a glitcher).

So, you cheating and having an unfair advantage over a legitimate player is ok.

Additionally the reason people have contempt for buying cashcards is because IT IS basically developer sanctioned cheating. "You pay us this bribe, in return we give you this advantage." Paying money for unfair advantages is frowned upon no matter how legitimate the money itself is (however paying for cosmetic items would be fine). Now it doesn't matter so much on this game because you don't need the cashcards at all and like I said more money isn't really unfair, but the concept of "money games" still strikes a sour note with many people. 

A legitimate player getting money to keep up with the ones that make money over fist is not ok.

You sure are a person full of contradictions.

Zenrad
  • Zenrad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

I had planned on buying a cash card, just to show my support for R* with their game. I would probably throw $5-$10 at one even if it gave nothing just because I've got a lot of enjoyment out of this game...

Then again you'd think the $200 I spent on collectors edition and a strategy guide would be enough...but I'm just a sucker..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users