Quantcast

» «
Photo

Am The Only One Who Misses Liberty City?

127 replies to this topic

Poll: Which City Do You Like Better (248 member(s) have cast votes)

Which City Do You Like Better

1. Liberty City (120 votes [48.39%])

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

2. Los Santos (128 votes [51.61%])

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm currently playing ONLY IV and I have to say I was right to go back to Liberty City. Los Santos is cool but it feels like a vacation, one that is good to take but gets old and starts to feel superficial after a while.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm currently playing ONLY IV and I have to say I was right to go back to Liberty City. Los Santos is cool but it feels like a vacation, one that is good to take but gets old and starts to feel superficial after a while.

only way i play gta IV again is if it comes out for ps4

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

Liberty City was cool but it got boring. LS is way better.

4 was completely dry..

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

I love San Andreas and LS.

That said, occasionally I get nostalgic for those cold, hard, chipped LC roads, drivin' down 'em with my Dukes. 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

Honestly I prefer SA's map over V's. That said I also prefer LC as it felt it had much more detail to every little thing and the physics made it a blast to drive around.

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

I like them both. I do miss liberty city, but i couldnt say i like one of them better. The atmosphere of the new york city streets is just great. I also liked some of the supercars better.... they were more realistic and detailed.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

I miss LC a bit. It would be interesting to see how much has changed since 2008.

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

LC felt depressing and boring, even on the single player. I mean the story was longer but for the majority of it all you did was get into lame shootouts. Then after the story mode there's nothing really to do but to go into freemodes and f*** with people. On GTA 5 in LS the story mode may not have been longer but it was sort of better, I did different things, and the overall single player, and online was better. And LS had a better map.

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

Honestly I prefer SA's map over V's. That said I also prefer LC as it felt it had much more detail to every little thing and the physics made it a blast to drive around.

SA's cities were tiny and not very detailed, and if you believe LC had way more detail than LS you've never been to NYC. The only thing LC had going for it was algonquin which was suppose to be manhattan the rest Bohan (The Bronx) Brooker (Brooklyn) Dukes (Queens) There was no staten island clone, and Alderny ( Parts of New Jeresy)  sucked and didn't really look noticeable.

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Well, at least not for me. 

The trip back to liberty city is only one disc away, lol

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

I like LS better. The city felt more alive when compared to LC. 

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

LC felt depressing and boring, even on the single player. I mean the story was longer but for the majority of it all you did was get into lame shootouts. Then after the story mode there's nothing really to do but to go into freemodes and f*** with people. On GTA 5 in LS the story mode may not have been longer but it was sort of better, I did different things, and the overall single player, and online was better. And LS had a better map.

LC has always been dubbed "The Worst Place In America". It feeling "depressing" is the exact feeling R* wanted players to feel. It's set during winter/autumn and the sombre colours, rainy weather etc are matched perfectly to the false real realisation of "The American Dream" Niko experiences throughout the game.

Anyway even after 5 months I still feel LS is rather bland. I think the lack of nightlife really kills it mostly, but to me the peds are boring and all feel the same which makes walking the streets about as interesting as watching paint dry.
  • namor, QuietJosh and Gta5Girl84 like this

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

liberty city was really atmospheric. Los Santos felt alot more dynamic, alive and interactive though. The countryside surrounding it in particular was really beautiful. That said nothing beats tearing down Algonquin in the middle of the night with journey on.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

liberty city was really atmospheric. Los Santos felt alot more dynamic, alive and interactive though..

More interactive in what way though? There are empty food vendors, un-usable qubed arcade machines, a pool table that can't be used, restaurants that are like every other non-enter able building...basically everything from GTA IV that could be interacted with is now a useless prop. We can't even pick up bricks and hurl them at unsuspecting peds anymore.

I don't feel like LS is more interactive at all. More like another way of saying "you can look, but can't touch".
  • namor likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

liberty city was really atmospheric. Los Santos felt alot more dynamic, alive and interactive though..

More interactive in what way though? There are empty food vendors, un-usable qubed arcade machines, a pool table that can't be used, restaurants that are like every other non-enter able building...basically everything from GTA IV that could be interacted with is now a useless prop. We can't even pick up bricks and hurl them at unsuspecting peds anymore.

I don't feel like LS is more interactive at all. More like another way of saying "you can look, but can't touch".

I don't think it's more interactive, but more alive. 

The NPCs make me think that way. They're so realistic and provide the life for the city. 
  • Gta5Girl84 likes this

hapang
  • hapang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

i like los santos better because liberty city is just city yet los santos is countryside,city,hills,mountains and beaches.

liberty city did have beaches but they had nothing on them yet los santos has people sunbathing,lifegaurds and funfair rides.

los santos has more vehicles such as jets,planes,more helicopters,jetskis and submarines.

in los santos the pay and spray has options for wat colour,engine,exaust,suspention,lights,bulletproof tires,custom tire smoke,armor,turbo and more yet liberty city deosn't give u any options on wat u want.

in gta 5 ur phone is a smart phone which has internet yet gta 4 only had a crappy phone with no internet

• IDAS Leader and Gta5Girl84 like this

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

LC to VC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:03 PM Edited by SentinelXSVCS22, 19 February 2014 - 07:05 PM.

LC to me feel more of a realistic city than LS in my opinion. And that is why prefer it slightly more than LS. Both cities though are unique in many ways, with LC grittiness, and LS summer vibe. 

@SonOfLiberty

That is one thing I like about LC, with picking up items off the street, throwing them and getting chased by the peds, still a funny thing about LC. 

• namor likes this

Lowi
  • Lowi

PC MASTER RACE

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Los Santos is much better city than dark and dirty liberty city.

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by killahmatic, 19 February 2014 - 09:20 PM.

I don't miss Liberty City. I never hated it, it just never stood out. Even as I was playing it I knew I wouldn't miss it after I moved on to the next GTA. Most of the map felt the same to me. There were some areas like Star Junction that stood out, but very few.

In V's Los Santos there's a huge contrast. Each part of town feels completely different from the rest. From the Vespucci Canals to the ghettos of Davis. From the amazingly done Vespucci Beach & Del Perro pier to the Vinewood Hills. Every area feels unique and looks fantastic. You'll even find nicer barbers or nicer clothing stores in nicer areas. LC was just dull and dirty. Part of that was due to lighting and coloration, but it was still not an environment created for fun.

I loved the previous maps for what they were but for me, V's map is the best in every way. Some will disagree and thats fine, not everyone thinks the same way.

Yeah I like LC a little better. For me I feel like if I leave LS there's nothing but deserts

Compared to when you leave LC there's nothing but water...

Also, there's a lot more than just desert. Desert is only a small area of the map, don't dull it down.

• IDAS Leader, Lowi and Gta5Girl84 like this

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

I think i can safely say you are not the only one  :lol:  :lol:

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Most of the map felt the same to me.

Not to me. There's a distinct contrast from say from being in Hove Beach and Meadow Hills for example or Holland and South Algonquin. I feel everywhere is distinctive and unique.

As for the clothing stores in LS being nicer in richer neighbourhoods well this is reflected in LC also. The Russian shop is placed in Hove Beach which to no coincidence is a primarily Russian community. Both of the Perseus shops are located in Algonquin (1 in Middle Park East and the other near The Exchange) where you'd expect a higher end clothing chain to be and Modo is located up in North Algonquin and is more casual/street to fit in with the atmosphere of that area.

Anyway I think it just comes down to taste. IMO LC is the perfect location for a GTA game, but I do feel like R* kind of screwed up on the random crime aspect. If they implemented car jackers, muggers etc it would be so much better. It looks dangerous, but doesn't really feel like it.

I think LS in its own right is a good city, but as StingrayX said above it feel more like location you'd go to for a holiday. I feel the ghetto has the opposite problem to most of the ghetto areas in LC. R* improved the random crime as gangs are more prone to attack, but they don't look and feel all that gritty to me at least. Most of the ghetto areas feel a bit too clean for my liking.

So I guess both cities have their pros and cons. It just depends what you're into. Myself I like the concrete jungle, dirty, gritty claustrophobic feel of LC compared to the open, clean, sunny, superficial feel of LS.

• QuietJosh and THE_TREVALEV like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

I love both cities for different reasons. I am glad they made a completely different kind of place for V since I don't like games to repeat themselves.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:19 AM Edited by peluche503, 20 February 2014 - 02:26 AM.

I really like both, both have their pros and cons.

Los Santos: Where I think LS beats LC is having a better subway and airport. I like the subway in IV but the one in LS is better, and the airport in IV seemed was bad compared to the one in V. V also has police station, a police impound system, better clothing stores, better pay n' spray, better weapons store, a more interesting strip club, having barber shops, tattoo stores, having accesible banks like the one in Vinewood and the fleeca banks, better beach, garages helipads etc, a better carnival, and the random events were also a great addition as well. Also the highways were better than the ones in IV. I may better safehouses and better sports activities. It also has yoga I guess.

Liberty City: IV of course has pool, the table hockey, Bowling, the hospitals, more interiors, fast food restarants, the statue of liberty man this is big.

I love both of them to be honest. But because V has the countryside which I've always been fond of and why it gets my vote.

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

LC has always been dubbed "The Worst Place In America". It feeling "depressing" is the exact feeling R* wanted players to feel. It's set during winter/autumn and the sombre colours, rainy weather etc are matched perfectly to the false real realisation of "The American Dream" Niko experiences throughout the game.

Anyway even after 5 months I still feel LS is rather bland. I think the lack of nightlife really kills it mostly, but to me the peds are boring and all feel the same which makes walking the streets about as interesting as watching paint dry.

I know all about Liberty City, is just that everytime I play GTA IV I get bored really quick and want to go back on V.

Wait, did you just say GTA V's NPC are boring? You're joking right? I mean you could talk to the NPC's, the random events are better and way funnier, you could save them from getting robbed, the gangs are smarters, etc. I didn't get what you meant by "nightlife".

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

Wait, did you just say GTA V's NPC are boring? You're joking right? I mean you could talk to the NPC's, the random events are better and way funnier, you could save them from getting robbed, the gangs are smarters, etc. I didn't get what you meant by "nightlife".

I'm not joking. The peds in GTA V are a snoozefest IMO. Even if you can talk to them most of the time they just say "hi" with the odd one every now and then saying something a bit more in depth. The hobos still ask for money yet for some reason R* removed the ability to give them money from GTA IV.

The so called "random" events aren't random at all as they always occur in the same place no matter how many times you ignore it. RDR was way better in this regard as they were actually random.

Gangs are better than they were in GTA IV, but sometimes they can still feel a bit harmless. It's not like they fight with other gangs.

What I meant by nightlife is bars, clubs etc. LS is based on modern LA and the fact it has no enterable bars, clubs etc is completely inexcusable as far as I'm concerned. The closest thing is that bar which annoyingly is located in the desert and has that non-interactive pool table I was talking about. The strip club is ok, but I think there should be more.

LC has Irish pubs, the Superstar Cafes, two strip clubs instead of just one, the caberat club and the comedy club. Of course TBOGT goes further with two fully interactive nightclubs which I believe should've been standard  in GTA V.

All I'm saying is after dark LS feels dead and bland as LA's nightlife is poorly represented. Something that makes LC stand out far more.

• namor likes this

hapang
  • hapang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

in my opinion LC was a bit to small and it was hard to get around the place and all the weapon shop did was sell u weapons yet in LS ammu-nation sold more weapons like the minigun and AP pistol and u could buy a supresser,extended clip,paint job,grip,scope and for snipers u could uprade ur scope to advanced scope

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

LC had more places to enter for online shootouts but LS is more diverse in terms of environment which is why I prefer it.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I prefer LC. What can I say, I like the architecture.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by peluche503, 20 February 2014 - 08:42 PM.

I'm not joking. The peds in GTA V are a snoozefest IMO. Even if you can talk to them most of the time they just say "hi" with the odd one every now and then saying something a bit more in depth. The hobos still ask for money yet for some reason R* removed the ability to give them money from GTA IV.

The so called "random" events aren't random at all as they always occur in the same place no matter how many times you ignore it. RDR was way better in this regard as they were actually random.

Gangs are better than they were in GTA IV, but sometimes they can still feel a bit harmless. It's not like they fight with other gangs.

What I meant by nightlife is bars, clubs etc. LS is based on modern LA and the fact it has no enterable bars, clubs etc is completely inexcusable as far as I'm concerned. The closest thing is that bar which annoyingly is located in the desert and has that non-interactive pool table I was talking about. The strip club is ok, but I think there should be more.

LC has Irish pubs, the Superstar Cafes, two strip clubs instead of just one, the caberat club and the comedy club. Of course TBOGT goes further with two fully interactive nightclubs which I believe should've been standard  in GTA V.

All I'm saying is after dark LS feels dead and bland as LA's nightlife is poorly represented. Something that makes LC stand out far more.

Random events are still awesome IMO. As far as the strip club, the strip club in IV was ok, in GTA V it was better because you could drink in it and also you could do that thing. I prefer quality over quantity.

As far as the internet cafes go, I didn't find them interesting because the internet in IV was really boring, the only thing it was useful for the brucie's bike thefts. In V you also got movie theaters too but I didn't find it interesting just like I didn't find the cabaret club and comedy club. Irish pubs were good but you couldn't drink in them but only play darts like in GTA V. About the pool table to me is just there for the sake of being there.

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

1.The peds in IV are lame, and the ability to give a hobo money is pointless.

2. That's not true at all, they occur all over the map. GTA 5 had better random events RDR.

3. In V they would normally attack you if you're in a place that you shouldn't be, in IV the gangs sucked balls, an I don't recall them fighting other gangs.

4. One of the thing I would agree with you, but the strip club beats the pants off of both in IV.

5. The comedy club was dry, and plays were garbage. Besides we have boring movies, to replace those boring shows.

6.The clubs I might also agree with you.

• Gta5Girl84 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users