Photo

WTF slip streams

46 replies to this topic
Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

Oh my fav is when u go to slipstream by a guy n he smashes u off a cliff!! Better yet, how about when hes slipstreaming u n when u try to break for a corner he just ploughs u right through n f*cks both of u over!!!

PASS ON STRAIGHTS OR OUTSIDE!!!
If ur smart n in 1st/2nd place u would swap slipstreams to break from pack n then drag race to the finish.

Cmon, race clean n smart ppl

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

The slipstreaming in this game is indeed extremely overpowered.

With that said, you just need to learn how to use it to your advantage, because we all have to deal with the exact same thing.

There will be times where you'll be behind in a race, and because of the slipstreaming you'll take the lead and win right at the end. In those cases, you'll be glad the slipstreaming is as overpowered as it is.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Lmfao, I know right? May as well be spectating a race in GTA. No one should be surprised about how this works.

kljy
  • kljy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

You can quickly turn left/right to not let him slipstream, or you know stop playing Criminal Records. I don`t find it annoying or stupid, makes you actually think of ways to not let that happen and when to go for that 1st place. 

if you turn left/right you will loose speed and he will overtake you anyway -.-

kljy
  • kljy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

racing in gta:

https://www.youtube....h?v=wpv_LV8XfjE

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

Slipstreaming should be in the game, but in its current state it is way too powerful.  It needs to be a bit of a challenge to draft off the car in front of you.  I shouldn't have to let off the gas completely to avoid bumping or spinning someone out just because I happen to be directly behind them.  I really think a lot of spinouts are accidental(ish) because kids aren't capable of letting off the R2 button.  

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

I remember that one - I use a common daytona tactic when racing in GTA - fall back and wait for everyone to wreck in front of me and hope to avoid it - you usually have 2nd or 3rd after the third turn.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Is there a petition to remove this crap.I hate how I can be in first place with a superior car beating the guy the whole way until at the end he slip streams passed me and winds.Its BS I find I have to let someone actually stay in front of me just so I know I can slip stream them in the end or they will do it to me.

If your winning because you have a more upgraded car against lower souped up racers you deserve to lose by a slipstream if you can't drive well enough to maintain the lead.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

Not really related, but I have the similar experience during SP Triathlon, I was almost win and suddenly 2 guys sprinted up like a horse and got ahead me by 1 meter and put me in the 3rd place. What a d*ck

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

I stopped racing because of this garbage feature. Catch-up makes it worse, but I have more of an issue with slipstream than I do catch-up.

First, no, you can't really "defend" against it. Swerving to prevent someone behind you slipstreaming often results in losing control and spinning out, either because the person behind me pushed me out of the way, or my car fishtails and I lose it because I'm watching the tail and not the road.

Currently, the way to win a race is to:

1) Hang back at the start and let the idiots slam into each other until you and 2 others are out front.

2) Wait until #2 f*cks up and slams into something.

3) Follow #1's trail, staying far enough back so you don't catch the slipstream in a turn and fly into the wall.

4) Wait until the 1/2 mile straightaway that exists at or near the end of every race, slipstream, and win.

OR #1 slams into something and hope you can stay far enough ahead. If you can't, let them pass and go back to Step 3.

Notice how much of that process involves intentionally holding back? Yes, this is "racing." Driving slow enough so that you aren't in first place and waiting for other people to f*ck up.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

Currently, the way to win a race is to:

1) Hang back at the start and let the idiots slam into each other until you and 2 others are out front.

2) Wait until #2 f*cks up and slams into something.

3) Follow #1's trail, staying far enough back so you don't catch the slipstream in a turn and fly into the wall.

4) Wait until the 1/2 mile straightaway that exists at or near the end of every race, slipstream, and win.

OR #1 slams into something and hope you can stay far enough ahead. If you can't, let them pass and go back to Step 3.

Notice how much of that process involves intentionally holding back? Yes, this is "racing."

That really is racing. Second place is often the best position to be in during an actual race, and they purposely stay there until the end.

The problem with your strategy is that only one person can do it. It assumes that none of the other 7 racers know your strategy, and aren't going to be intent on doing it themselves. It also assumes you'll be able to stay right behind first place the whole time without hitting him and spinning out, or losing speed and getting passed. It also assumes there won't be another player in the #3 spot, using your slipstream, planning to pass you right before you pass #1. It also assumes #1 isn't going to slam on his brakes or perform any maneuvers to get you out of his slipstream. It also assumes that #1 isn't going to simply move sideways a little to stay right in front of you when you try to pass him.

And the list goes on.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

The problem with your strategy is that only one person can do it. It assumes that none of the other 7 racers know your strategy, and aren't going to be intent on doing it themselves. It also assumes you'll be able to stay right behind first place the whole time without hitting him and spinning out, or losing speed and getting passed. It also assumes there won't be another player in the #3 spot, using your slipstream, planning to pass you right before you pass #1. It also assumes #1 isn't going to slam on his brakes or perform any maneuvers to get you out of his slipstream. It also assumes that #1 isn't going to simply move sideways a little to stay right in front of you when you try to pass him.

Right, so smart racing involves who knows and abuses the slipstream mechanic the best. Got it.

Would be terrible if racing involved who can drive the fastest and navigate the track the best.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

it exists in reality, but its true that the effect in the game is extremely pronounced.

however not that this game stays true to reality in every detail....

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

Right, so smart racing involves who knows and abuses the slipstream mechanic the best. Got it.

Would be terrible if racing involved who can drive the fastest and navigate the track the best.

I don't think that'll happen without a "ghost mode" of some kind, either way. Even if they removed slipstream and catch-up, it'd just be "who knows and abuses the ramming mechanics the best".

Reservoir Dogs
  • Reservoir Dogs

♚ Bishop Ocean XI

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

You can quickly turn left/right to not let him slipstream, or you know stop playing Criminal Records. I don`t find it annoying or stupid, makes you actually think of ways to not let that happen and when to go for that 1st place. 

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

you still have to do that, you can't win a 4 lap race by doing only 1 lap, and you can't win without being first. the fact your not suggests your not as good at it as you think.

• AzraelX likes this

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

Slip-streaming is about as gay as these guys...
gay_dance.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users